Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Rommie2006
Padawan Learner

Post by Rommie2006 »

Ok so after 25 episodes... do we still have a clear picture of what the Vajra are? Where they came from? Why da fuck did they start slaughtering humans?

My guess is the Vajra were probably non-aggressive and Grace O'Connor somehow fuck em up into a frenzy mode somehow, probably through her experiments.

Has the Vajra background been cleared up yet?
tim31
Sith Devotee

Re: Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

Post by tim31 »

They were confused and angered by the fact that no two humans are alike, physiologically and mentally, and our need to communicate because of our differences. Ranka eventually explained it to them.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Also, they thought that since Ranka had a fold wave presence in among all these beings that didn't that she was actually one of them being held captive. Most of their attacks before Grace went and poked the hornet's nest on Gallia IV were attempts to rescue her.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Yeah, it basically looks like the Vajra were really just confused about humans but were content to ignore them except for trying to retrieve their "Little Queen", Ranka. Of course once Grace started throwing fold bombs at them, they got a wee bit aggressive for the purposes of self-defence. So really, both sides thought they were defending themselves and Grace was the cause for all of the needless violence and death.

I am so glad she got Quattro'd.

Also, anyone else look at the Frontier landing in the oceans and think, "Well there goes that coastline."?

Also, I am now resisting the urge to start writing a fic where Ranka was "rescued" by the Vajra when they attacked Fleet 117 and the consequences of such a thing.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Academia Nut wrote:Also, I am now resisting the urge to start writing a fic where Ranka was "rescued" by the Vajra when they attacked Fleet 117 and the consequences of such a thing.
That sounds pretty damn cool.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I think the question would be, would Ozma start a crusade to try and get her back? His motivation for adopting and protecting Ranka would basically be unchanged. One imagines that shit could positively fly.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

I know, but right now with one fanfic, one original story, and schoolwork I have a bit much on my plate. Still, that's definitely one to file away for later or to consider for farming out to someone else who is interested.

Also, perhaps the divergence point could be Ozma's ship being disabled and thus he is unable to protect Ranka's escape pod and the Vajra catch up with it.

Hmmm...
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

You'd have to shoot up his VF-171 pretty good. Remember, this man would fight would fight tooth and nail against the Varja.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Academia Nut wrote:I am so glad she got Quattro'd.
The Vajra certainly got well and truly Befriended.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

If there are are flashback components to the movie I want to see more of Ozma as a U.N Spacy pilot.
Academia Nut wrote:Also, anyone else look at the Frontier landing in the oceans and think, "Well there goes that coastline."?
Absolutely! I actually held my breath and waited to see what Shroom might call HUEG WAEVS if he was in here.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

tim31 wrote:If there are are flashback components to the movie I want to see more of Ozma as a U.N Spacy pilot.
Movie? What?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I think movie/ova followups to Frontier are at that sort of "worst kept secret" stage where they've let on it's happening but haven't officially anounced it.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Also, in happier news, I got the first soundtrack album today. It's great.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:Also, in happier news, I got the first soundtrack album today. It's great.
did you have to import it, or are they selling it here?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Imported it. Ordered from HMV's Japanese website, as they do reasonable shipping rates (EMS shipping from them is 1500yen and took 4 days, CDJapan apparently make it 1800 for the same item by the same courier. Hmmm).
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:Imported it. Ordered from HMV's Japanese website, as they do reasonable shipping rates (EMS shipping from them is 1500yen and took 4 days, CDJapan apparently make it 1800 for the same item by the same courier. Hmmm).
1500 yen is what, like 2 dollars u.s.?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Darksider wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Imported it. Ordered from HMV's Japanese website, as they do reasonable shipping rates (EMS shipping from them is 1500yen and took 4 days, CDJapan apparently make it 1800 for the same item by the same courier. Hmmm).
1500 yen is what, like 2 dollars u.s.?
More like $15-20.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

£7.50. So $15.

Not sure if the rate to the US would be the same or different.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Vendetta wrote:£7.50. So $15.

Not sure if the rate to the US would be the same or different.
The last I bothered importing anything from Japan (sometime last year) it was fluctuating between 110 Yen to $1 and 115 Yen to $1.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Vendetta wrote:I think movie/ova followups to Frontier are at that sort of "worst kept secret" stage where they've let on it's happening but haven't officially anounced it.
How could it be a secret if they announced it at end of the last episode?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

VF5SS wrote:
Vendetta wrote:I think movie/ova followups to Frontier are at that sort of "worst kept secret" stage where they've let on it's happening but haven't officially anounced it.
How could it be a secret if they announced it at end of the last episode?
That explains why I haven't heard of it. I'm waiting for my usual fansubbers to hurry the fuck up with the episode so I haven't watched it yet. :|
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

General Zod wrote:That explains why I haven't heard of it. I'm waiting for my usual fansubbers to hurry the fuck up with the episode so I haven't watched it yet. :|
GG had it out for awhile in a huge 700MB "everything and the kitchen sink" file.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

phongn wrote:
General Zod wrote:That explains why I haven't heard of it. I'm waiting for my usual fansubbers to hurry the fuck up with the episode so I haven't watched it yet. :|
GG had it out for awhile in a huge 700MB "everything and the kitchen sink" file.
They still do depending on where you look, but I'm not terribly fond of GG and generally prefer Lunar's versions. :D
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I like Lunar's translation better, too, but if you must see it now, just grab GG :P
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

I would prefer GG for convenience, if I were after fansubs... *polite cough*

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage