Empire and Imperium (Asimov/40k)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

NecronLord wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:I just realized: with a 50 meter radius and 4e22 kg mass, that prow should have a surface gravity of on the order of 1e8 gees. Not exactly practical for firing torpedoes from. ;)
Well, that ship was meant to be atypical. For all I know, it slingshots torpedos around its prow! :lol:
Phe4r the mighty gravitic slingshot of doom!1

You know, if that thing just rammed a planet, it might acheive the result Goto described. :P

THE TRUE STORY:

CAPTAIN: All guns! Fire upon that planet!

LEUTENANT: Sir, if we stay in the gravity field too long, we may have problems with our structural integrity. She's taken a bit of a beating.

CAPTAIN: Nonsense! All guns fire!

<CRAAACK!!!!>

<The ship shudders. Men are thrown around like tinkertoys. Klaxons sound throughout the ship, red lights flashing. Fires break out, and the crew struggles to put them out.>

CAPTAIN: What was that!

LEUTENANT: We have lost the prow of the ship! Bulkheads holding...

CAPTAIN: What! Show me!

<A holoscreen switches on. It shows the ship, and indeed, the prow has snapped off, and is sliding away from the ship.>

LEUTENANT: Thrusters stable. We are going to make it, I beleive. The Prow is falling towards the planet...

<The holoscreen shows the disastrous results of the prow, one half of the mass of Holy Terra's moon, plunging into the planet. The very world itself ruptures apart and its mass is scattered into space.>

CAPTAIN: Well. Right. Carry on, men.

LEUTENANT: Might be a good idea to get out of the general area, sir.

CAPTAIN: Indeed. Good thinking, that man. Evasive action! Bring us about! (Hmmm.. how to explain this in my report..)
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

Lord Zentei wrote:At what point in the Foundationverse's history does this occour? The Republic? The Empire? The Dark Age?
Late Empire
For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be;
Saw the heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails,
Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;
Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Aeolus wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:At what point in the Foundationverse's history does this occour? The Republic? The Empire? The Dark Age?
Late Empire
Duh. I saw that and corrected my error almost immediately on page 1 of this thread.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Nathan the noob
Redshirt

Re: Empire and Imperium (Asimov/40k)

Post by Nathan the noob »

Hey guys I was wondering if the machine that was used in the Asimov Republic book where the man is transported from 1950 to sometime in the earths future. This led to the man getting psychic powers due to the membrane connecting his nerve endings being reduced to thin micrometers. His powers allowed him not only to read minds but also the ability to flip large objects and kill people only using psychic powers. I think that A person as powerful as that would be substantially rare. equivalent to the military might of something powerful in the 40 k universe. I don't know I don't really study the 40 k that much. I think that one of these so called psychic guys would at least have the might of one top of the line Trantorian cruiser in the late foundation period.
Nathans list of wrong things
-Family Trees that look like circles
-RACISM
I'll add more as I think of them.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Re:

Post by PainRack »

NecronLord wrote: Most often, they'll take their superiors in the Ecclesiarchy over their civil superiors. There have been various examples of members of the Ecclesiarchy deposing those who fail to keep the faith, the most obvious being Vandire.
Vandire was part of the Adminstration who screwed over the Eccelsiarchy. The exact opposite of what you just claimed.

The bureaucrats/civil authority screwed over the religious authority, just to make it clear, to the extent that they fled to Ophelia.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Uh - seriously? This thread has been dead for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS.
You could have just openened a new thread instead of necroing this one.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Serafina wrote:Uh - seriously? This thread has been dead for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS.
You could have just openened a new thread instead of necroing this one.
Oops,didn't see Nathan the Noob post was a necro....
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

THIS FOUL NECROMANCY SHALL NOT STAND!

Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth