Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen teaser trailer

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen teaser trailer

Post by LadyTevar »

Zablorg wrote:
GuppyShark wrote:"The Fallen" character is probably a red herring anyway.
What makes you think that?
You boys need to start picking up the Prequel Comics from IDW. As with the first movie, they are showing a lot of the background that probably won't make it into the movie.
Spoiler
Prior to the Great War, Cybertron was being raided by aliens who had picked up on the AllSpark's energy signature. The same cycle that they make a major raid upon Cybertron, a curious object had been discovered by Prime's Scientists from a section of Cybertron 'nearly as old' as the AllSpark. As Megatron's Warriors fought off the raid, the object was moved to a 'safer place' for Megatron to examine it later. The object is engraved with a stylized Decepticon badge ... and reacted when Megatron touched it. Cue Spooky Music and the To Be Continued flashpage.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Okay, Arcee is pretty much confirmed as you can see maybe halfway into this video. Most of it consists of "whee we're filming woohoo!" and there's little actual footage, but it does have Sam and Mekaila riding a Pink Motorcycle. Two other motorcycles of similar make follow suit, which is interesting indeed.

They had better not make Arcee's character a huge piece of clockwork LAME. I can see so many ways of idiotic scriptwriting to ruin everything forever.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I do believe I saw a man wielding a minigun in that video.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

yeah, that was a older segment put out awhile back.....

We knew Arcee is in the movie, and she's three bikes in one robot (something like a duo-con from GenOne I'm guessing). I'm more concerned about the Wheelie toy I've seen pictures of for RotF.....
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Spoiler Oh man, this is so bad. So very bad. Haha.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's ugly. I don't think that's how it's gonna look like.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

ugh...

dislike the Devestator design....looks far to much like a mechanized Troll from LotR...
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That's ugly. I don't think that's how it's gonna look like.
Well, that's the toy art, so I'm guessing that's exactly what it's gonna look like.

Yeah, I don't exactly know what the concept artists were thinking when they did this. Why not just a standard humanoid form like in the cartoon?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

I 've seen it said that they based the new Devastator on a Spoiler
giant gorilla
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
FA Xerrik
Padawan Learner

Post by FA Xerrik »

It looks like he's meant to be running and tilted slightly forward, so maybe the perspective is contributing a little to the illusion. That said, he certainly looks pretty top-heavy. I don't mind the design too much, but something about that big whopper head thing he's got going is a little jarring. It would be easier to gauge his appearance if they gave us a little context instead of that blueprint background.
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

FA Xerrik wrote:It looks like he's meant to be running and tilted slightly forward, so maybe the perspective is contributing a little to the illusion. That said, he certainly looks pretty top-heavy. I don't mind the design too much, but something about that big whopper head thing he's got going is a little jarring. It would be easier to gauge his appearance if they gave us a little context instead of that blueprint background.
I second the "stupid perspective that makes him look like shit" notion, but with that out of the way I thinks he has the potential to look pretty bad ass as long as they show him from a non-retarded angle.

So apparently he is made up from seven constructicons, and not 6 like in the comics:
Torso = Excavator (aka Mr. Unicycle)
Left Leg = Bulldozer
Right Leg = Dump Truck
Left Arm = Crane
Right Arm = (Tractor like thing?)
(Head?) = Mixer

And I can't quite make out the top one, either it says back side, or back hoe. The silhouette is too generic for me to make out anything. Now if we could get a shot with a little less bayhem in it so we could see him properly.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Cool bit of footage of the Autobots out for a drive. No robots; just a montage of the cars driving along roads, with the score in the background. Pretty nice little sequence.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Gah, double posted because I ran out of editing time :banghead:
Spoiler
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

Spoiler
I didn't see Ratchet until the very, very end of that auto-clip montage. Wonder if he's an early casualty of "Decepticon shenanigans."
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

The second teaser trailer for this got out. It's about 2 minutes long.

It's about what you'd expect, with additional explosions. Though the pyramids look to be a lot farther away from the city than they actually are.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'd say that's actually the genuine teaser trailer, while the previous thing was just a Super Bowl "spot".

A teaser of the teaser, really. :P

Has that been attached to any particular movie, like Friday the 13th, or is it just a leak?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I don't know about this one in particular, but it's supposed to be attached to the front of Friday the 13th. So, it's probably from that.
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Well, it seems that the aircraft carriers that were getting bombarded were actually getting smashed up by falling protoforms. Stategically atmo-entered protoforms, at that.

It wasn't obvious to me, okay?

EDIT: You know what would be awesome? The movie opening with a very closeup of a decepticon or something, picking up the crackly transmission, "...we live among it's people now, hiding in.... Optimus Prime, and I send this message to all.... We are here. We are waiting..."
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

JESUS CHRIST, IS SCORPONOK BACK?!

AWESOME!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

The additional Decepticons coming to Earth alongside the returning Starscream seems like it'd be a little less superfluous.

Plus dramatically it'd make more sense to show an Autobot receiving such a signal.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Zablorg wrote:Well, it seems that the aircraft carriers that were getting bombarded were actually getting smashed up by falling protoforms. Stategically atmo-entered protoforms, at that.

It wasn't obvious to me, okay?
I'd have thought it was, but yes, the eerie imagery of the dead carrier is very nice and foreboding
EDIT: You know what would be awesome? The movie opening with a very closeup of a decepticon or something, picking up the crackly transmission, "...we live among it's people now, hiding in.... Optimus Prime, and I send this message to all.... We are here. We are waiting..."
I agree. Optimus may have basically signed his fate with that transmission by alerting others and giving Starscream's story weight. Revenge, with or without Megs, would be coming.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

looked like Skorponok is indeed back...we knew he didn't get killed in the first movie...

lots of explodey stuff...the scene with the sinking CVN was....chilling...

starting to look forward to it...and unicycle-con..
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

DarkSilver wrote:looked like Skorponok is indeed back...we knew he didn't get killed in the first movie...

lots of explodey stuff...the scene with the sinking CVN was....chilling...

starting to look forward to it...and unicycle-con..
you are... painful to my eyes... the blood seeps from the sockets and down my face... it's on the keyboard now... what a mess you've made...

Both of the teasers showed Optimus being headbutted, and a quick pause reveals that there appears to be grass behind him. This, and that we see Bumblebee battle-ready in an obviously urban environment makes me think this movie is going to have a relatively early fight scene, because most of the film is going to be set abroad. If we will recall, Frenzy was in Mikaela's bag when they were spending fifteen minutes stomping around the yard, so he knows the location of the Witwicky houshold, and thus the location of Sam the Destroyer, primary subject of revenge extracting.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Except, Frenzy bisected his head with his own blades. Unless he communicated this knowledge to Starscream, there's not much they can do other than go the Terminator route and check the Yellow Pages.

Which shouldn't be hard. How many Witwickys even exist?
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

No real need to pull the Terminator systematic search. Barricade was able to track Sam's eBay account to him. Government databases would take care of the rest.