Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ypoknons wrote:Or was the Supervision Army composed of many different weapons, of which the Vajra are just one?
The Supervision Army was comprised of brainwashed Zentradi crewed ships controlled by the Protodeviln.

They already sorted that out in 7.

The Vajra appear to be just random bugs.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I'm thinking the vajira had to have been messed with by the protoculture at some point. Species don't just evolve to gain the ability to produce missiles internally and internal beam weapons on their own.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

It's fairly obvious someone was dicking around with the Vajra's development. Hell, doesn't Leon pretty much say as much in #5 when he's talking about what they learnt from the Varja corpses?

And given the sorta-kinda similarities between the visual design of the Vajra and the Birdman in Zero, it's pretty much all-but-confirmed.

Except there really doesn't seem to be any time left for them to go into that, so I dunno. Maybe they'll make ten thousand follow-up episodes like they did with 7.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

and after watching the fansub, it seem that sheyrl is indeed related to mao nome.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Vendetta wrote:The Supervision Army was comprised of brainwashed Zentradi crewed ships controlled by the Protodeviln.
I do believe they also use/used similarly-controlled miclones.
The Vajra appear to be just random bugs.
OTOH, if the hubs to the spiral arms and the outer fringe of the bulge are lousy with Vajra, it would help explain why the supposedly-reasonable Galactic Republic felt compelled to create the mentally unstable Zentradi and daemon possession-prone Evil in the first place.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

VF5SS wrote:
Vendetta wrote: Did anyone else notice that Machida guy was in one of the VF-171EXes? He's the true heart and soul of this show even if we never see his face.
Did he steal a character shield or what!
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

God damn, Grace is truly one evil bitch. Using Do You Remember Love? to rally the Vajra to kill humanity was a stroke of genius on Kawamori's part.
Image[
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Just because the Vajira have rallied doesn't mean the battle's over.

The U.N. spacy forces inflicted heavy casualties on the vajira with their opening strike, and they've still got plenty of ships left. I wouldn't count them out of the fight yet.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

Darksider wrote:Just because the Vajira have rallied doesn't mean the battle's over.

The U.N. spacy forces inflicted heavy casualties on the vajira with their opening strike, and they've still got plenty of ships left. I wouldn't count them out of the fight yet.
I'm not counting them out, it was just a delicious bit of irony to have DYRL? support the bad guys for a change.
Image[
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Show me your Grace face. So guys, I hear the villain of this show is the main chick's manager? Sounds crazy right?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Almost as crazy as the End Boss being the main character's crippled little sister.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:Almost as crazy as the End Boss being the main character's crippled little sister.
huh? what's that from?

*Hides Code Geass r2 episode files*
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

why would you post such a shitty video?

seriously this version has much better quality
:P [/url]
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I saw one with someone singing doing an impression of Lulu. Couldn't find it though.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

VF5SS wrote:Show me your Grace face. So guys, I hear the villain of this show is the main chick's manager? Sounds crazy right?
I found the image of her unfurling her arms with a bat-cape sound and evil eyes to be scarier. And then there was the shot of Leon looking like the Grinch who stole the Frontier, but for some reason I can't get a screencap.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

tim31 wrote:And then there was the shot of Leon looking like the Grinch who stole the Frontier, but for some reason I can't get a screencap.
Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

Darksider wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Almost as crazy as the End Boss being the main character's crippled little sister.
huh? what's that from?

*Hides Code Geass r2 episode files*
As you should.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Man, watching the penultimate episodes for Frontier and Geass in the same weekend was not good for the ol' blood pressure.

But yeah, wouldn't that be the ultimate twist to the classic love triangle? Everyone dies of unrelated circumstances. Alto gets blown up by the Vajra, Ranka gets fried by a reaction missile or a Macross cannon, and Sheryl dies to the V-Type virus.

Or not. I will enjoy watching Grace and Leon get their comeuppance. Hopefully right at their moment of victory so their despair when it all comes crashing down will be all the sweeter.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I just hope Hibiki shows and pulls Isht...er, Ranka out of the Vajra mothership just in the nick of time.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Galvatron wrote:I just hope Hibiki shows and pulls Isht...er, Ranka out of the Vajra mothership just in the nick of time.
More like Isamu saves Myung from evil tentacled cyber entity. Or Shin saving Sara from some tentacled death flower. Or maybe Hikaru saving the fleet from a tentacled bald guy. And I hope someone gets punched in the face with a carrier sized fist. Battle Frontier PAAANCH!
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Yeah, but Ranka is like an Emulator for the Vajra so she's closer to Ishtar than any other Macross damsel-in-distress.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Some poor bastard on another forum just said that the assault on the vajira homeworld going south reminds him of the assault on reflex point from the end of Robotech.

I doubt there will be much left of him once the rabid macross fanboys are done ripping him apart.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

VF5SS wrote:And I hope someone gets punched in the face with a carrier sized fist. Battle Frontier PAAANCH!
Seriously, there is an unfortunate lack of Daedelus Attacks since Macross Plus. Seriously, at lest one of the Macross ships should do it. I'd even settle for Quarter face punching Frontier/Galaxy.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.