Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

The other games based off this engine (Gundam Battle-series) aren't too hard to learn without Japanese skill - even the tutorials have picture button guidelines. Its the non-combat portion that will probably give headaches.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

Well that was unexpected. I really think that the new form of Ranka's pet is actually kinda cute, in a monstery kind of way.
Image[
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Grats on 666, Xess.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Xess wrote:Well that was unexpected. I really think that the new form of Ranka's pet is actually kinda cute, in a monstery kind of way.
I don't give a rats ass how "cute" they are.

The Vajira are a threat. All we've ever seen them do is kill, and they don't make a distinction between military and civilian targets. The need to be wiped out immediately.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

Darksider wrote:
Xess wrote:Well that was unexpected. I really think that the new form of Ranka's pet is actually kinda cute, in a monstery kind of way.
I don't give a rats ass how "cute" they are.

The Vajira are a threat. All we've ever seen them do is kill, and they don't make a distinction between military and civilian targets. The need to be wiped out immediately.
No disagreement from me, I just thought it was a kinda cute evil killing machine.
TithonusSyndrome wrote:Grats on 666, Xess.
Thanks.
Image[
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Darksider wrote:I don't give a rats ass how "cute" they are.

Dude, they're weapons. You could say the same for the prewar Zentradi and dumb munitions for that matter. They're only as dangerous as their mission parameters and as evil as their operators. Ranka's pet Vajra seems tame enough. Save some hate for Leon and Grace whom actually deserve it, and don't forget that Vajra contain the next generation of fold technology.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I'm not really sure if this is confirmed or not, but a recent magazine scan says the show ends at episode 25. Speculate on that for a while.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

What would be awesome is that the end of the series, the Macross universe has a breed of tame Vajra which they use as organic fold devices, helping their ships on FTL jumps.

Now please Mr. Kawamori, I would very much like a scene in episode 25 where Leon and Grace are stomped on by Klan causing them to be paralyzed, then they get nibbled on bit by bit by feral Vajra till nothing is left.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

I had actually hoped Klan might eat Leon. I'm a bit of a voreaphile like that.

I reckon it will end at 25, the budget is apparently ridiculous.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

VF5SS wrote:I'm not really sure if this is confirmed or not, but a recent magazine scan says the show ends at episode 25. Speculate on that for a while.
I'd expect a mid-season break. It's about time for Gundam 00 to start back up again.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Darwin wrote:I'd expect a mid-season break. It's about time for Gundam 00 to start back up again.
I don't know, I can easily see them wrapping it up in the next four episodes.
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Technically Code Geass and Gundam 00 occupy the same timeslot.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Darth Raptor wrote:
Darwin wrote:I'd expect a mid-season break. It's about time for Gundam 00 to start back up again.
I don't know, I can easily see them wrapping it up in the next four episodes.
Apparently so, it seems like they've got a lot of stuff hanging. Can't argue with the 25 episode schedule though.

Maybe they're already planning for a follow-up series, or movies.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Personally, I want to see Ozma or Cathy put a single bullet between Leon's eyes. No gloating, no nothing, they just see him and wax him. It's all he really deserves, and in any case he's likely to get sold out by Grace once he's no longer useful anyway.

As for Grace... hmmm... while he getting thrown about like a rag doll by Klan would be nice, I'm betting that she'll be eaten by Vajra commanded by Ranka. Any bets on whether or not the Vajra are actually peaceful most of the time but the reason they keep attacking Frontier is because they're being fucked with by Grace and other members of the conspiracy. Considering all the hullaballo that has been made about whether or not two species can coexist in this series, it wouldn't surprise me if humans and Vajra could coexist, as evidenced by Ai-kun.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

In this week's episode we learnt that if you don't like the government you can always leave. Also, Grace has more than a few tongues wagging, possibly some salivating.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

If Sheryl's chest brings hopes and dreams, does that mean Grace's chest brings destruction and despair? Also place your best on Quarter vs. Frontier. Can the tiny titan bring pull a victory or will the Big M crush it like a bug? I think the Frontier could literally crush the Quarter with one hand.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

tim31 wrote:In this week's episode we learnt that if you don't like the government you can always leave.
That's an oversimplification, don't you think? Leon has no legitimate authority. At worst, its mutineers versus mutineers.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

You know, I'd think either of Ozma and Cathy's phones should have cameras with which they would take photos of Cathy's father's body to be used as evidence... once Cathy's calmed down, that is.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Darth Raptor wrote:That's an oversimplification, don't you think? Leon has no legitimate authority. At worst, its mutineers versus mutineers.
MOAR LIKE PIRATES IN SPACE! Image

Seriously, it's pirates(breakaway group aboard Quarter) versus ninjas(shady people sneaking around and killing for their own gain) all over again. Depsite what's being said on certain blogs, I think this is a killer setup for a splendid finale.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Incredible Ozama versus Alto dogfight though. Wish Alto didn't have to pilot a VF-171 though - give him a new fighter or... bring back the VF-19 or VF-22 la.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Old Plympto wrote:You know, I'd think either of Ozma and Cathy's phones should have cameras with which they would take photos of Cathy's father's body to be used as evidence... once Cathy's calmed down, that is.
You can have a camera or cool holographic buttons. It's your choice. Macross has a problem will cel phones in general. I mean, it's not like they had them in 2009 or even 2047.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

In 2009 it was downright ridiculous. You'd think they'd either keep their pilots on a tighter leash or hand out two-way radios. Hikaru gets away with stuff that would get you shot or dishonorably discharged in other armies.

"I got stuck in the transformation machinery, lol."

"Dur, I was at a concert." Image
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Yeah, but Hikaru was the protege of the raffish Roy Focker, and on top of that he literally annoyed the pants of one of the senior bridge officers until she went stockholm on him. He's the exception rather than the rule, but your point about poor comms still stands.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Darth Raptor wrote:In 2009 it was downright ridiculous. You'd think they'd either keep their pilots on a tighter leash or hand out two-way radios. Hikaru gets away with stuff that would get you shot or dishonorably discharged in other armies.
Especially with that hair. I almost want to say they had those generic radio watches like most other robot shows, but maybe I'm just projecting.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

No, that's entirely reasonable considering we saw Misa talking to her wrist when receiving orders to blow the shit out of the Mars base.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage