Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Darksider wrote:Is anyone else hoping that the guys running the show are going to pull another fast one like in "goodbye sister" and have mikhail show up later on
Doubt it. He's so high up the Sorting Algorithm of Deadness the shockwaves are going to propagate back in time and next time you watch episode 19 he will already be dead.

And damn man, I was just starting to like him too. This also increases the likelyhood of Klan doing something crazy and going out in a blaze of glory, and that would be really bad for my nerves.

Bloody Macross and it's bloody main character carnage. goes off sucking thumb to watch 7 where no-one important dies.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Hey, those other two Diamond Force pilots were so important, I can't even remember their names!

Maybe they SHOULD have killed off Gamlin. But that would have been hella sad and left Ray "Pink Pecker" Lovelock as the only actual (albeit pacifist) soldier. Then again, that was like the next to last episode, so that's not really an argument.

Heh, that really ironic, actually. If it weren't for the bombardment of Earth at the end of SDF Macross, Macross 7 would almost rival SWI's body count. How many Northampton's were sunk in that series again? A million? A billion? Surely those have crews of at least a few hundred.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

The northampton class doesn't seem to do anything other than get destroyed. I wonder why it hasn't been replaced yet.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

For alleged frigates, they have the constitution of a Southern belle. The red Vajra can one-shot them with their main gun, and in Macross 7 the explode just by being near a firefight. At least in Frontier they seem to be respectably armed, for all the good it does them.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

God damn you Kawamori! Alto still can't make up his damn mind and they kill off the one guy who actually does manage to find his balls. I'm sad now. :(
Image[
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Darksider wrote:The northampton class doesn't seem to do anything other than get destroyed. I wonder why it hasn't been replaced yet.
Technically, they're doing their job: preventing the main fleet asset from taking damage. I'll concede that they don't do it very efficiently.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Darksider wrote:The northampton class doesn't seem to do anything other than get destroyed. I wonder why it hasn't been replaced yet.
They should be fine around random Zents and pirates... and the SMS types think that NUNS is pretty under-equipped. A lot of the Frontier's ships have been around since Macross 7 (14 years ago) - the Bolognese, the Uraga and Battle-Macross. City 25 is similar to City 7, just way bigger. The frenzied post-space war one development has definately slowed down in favor of a slower pace, though Galaxy seems to be doing a lot of crazy stuff.
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

To those who may be interested....

SRW Express now has scans of the Macross corner from this month's Hobby Japan, featuring a snapbuilt Bandai VF-25:

I'm ordering this when it comes out.... :)
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

generator_g1 wrote:
I'm ordering this when it comes out.... :)
I'm waiting for super-detailed non-transformable kits from Hasegawa.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

But Bandai has the 1/72nd scale model license. I'm just getting the DX toy myself. Models just aren't fun anymore.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

*sigh* tell me about it.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

So, hey, the recent Blu-ray release of Zero features Sheryl's earrings being inserted into one of the scenes.
I guess that confirms she's related to the Nome's of Zero, then. Woo, I guess?

Personally I'm hoping Kawamori doesn't get silly with making changes like this. I don't think I could handle a Lucas-style special edition of the original.

Macross shot first! Image
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
Macross shot first! Image
Well, it did shoot first. I can't wait until he inserts VF-0s into DYRL. Of course they can't fly in space so they'll just float there being really sad.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

That's fold quartz in those earrings, yes? Someone want to help me understand how Shera has them?
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

Darth Raptor wrote:That's fold quartz in those earrings, yes? Someone want to help me understand how Shera has them?
They we're Mao's, Mao adopted Sheryl or something for the experiment thing with Ranka's mom and Grace and gave the earrings to Sheryl.
Image[
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I gathered that. I'm asking where Mao and Shera could have possibly got them.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Darth Raptor wrote:I gathered that. I'm asking where Mao and Shera could have possibly got them.
Perhaps the Bird Men who were at Mayan Island left those behind with the other artifacts there. Perhaps they were able to harvest fold crystals from the Vaja somehow, or (and I hope they don't go down this cliched road) that the current Vajra are descendants of a faction of the Bird Men?
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

The Macross Ace Frontier trailer for the PSP

Clicky
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Out of curiosity, what are the chances of this getting an english translation.

(I really don't care if it isn't region encoded, since I can't play a game in a language I can't understand)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

My rampant Macross fanboyism makes me want this quite terribly. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Darksider wrote:Out of curiosity, what are the chances of this getting an english translation.
Very low, due to continuing copyright issues around Macross, IIRC.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

VF5SS wrote:Hell hath no fury.
Teh Klan is not happy.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Taking revenge on non-sentient creatures has got to be unsatisfying.

You've got to find the Brain Bug, Klan!
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

So they do have Ex Gears for zentraedi!

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage