Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Is that Ranka?
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Galvatron wrote:Is that Ranka?
I'm pretty sure it is.

I'm also pretty sure that her bikini has no bottom

hence what I said about Ozma being....... displeased
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Cykeisme wrote:Which came first, Starscream or the Veritech?
Hard to say, actually. Diaclone introduced the F-15 JetRobot range in 1983, after Macross had started airing, but quite a lot of the initial designs for the Diaclone toys were done in 1980. (The popularity of transforming toys really took off with the VF-1 toy though, as it had far more articulation and detail than the previous Diaclone range)

Of course, the original Diaclone designs were done by Shoji Kawamori and Kazutaka Miyatake.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Vendetta wrote:
Hard to say, actually. Diaclone introduced the F-15 JetRobot range in 1983, after Macross had started airing, but quite a lot of the initial designs for the Diaclone toys were done in 1980. (The popularity of transforming toys really took off with the VF-1 toy though, as it had far more articulation and detail than the previous Diaclone range)

Of course, the original Diaclone designs were done by Shoji Kawamori and Kazutaka Miyatake.
Shoji Kawamori is a man with his fingers in every transforming robot pie.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Pretty much. He even came back to do the Masterpiece Starscream rerelease design.
Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Vendetta wrote:

Shoji Kawamori is a man with his fingers in every transforming robot pie.
I don't his name on the Zeta Gundam.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Commander 598 wrote:
I don't his name on the Zeta Gundam.
The only reason the Zeta Gundam is a robot that turns into a space plane is because Bandai was making money on VF-1 merchandise, which is all about space planes that turn into robots. And if you're wondering, the earliest designs for the VF-1 are dated November of 1981. All of the final TV show designs are dated July of 1982. This all from the Macross Design Works book.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Well, he's not dead. That's a surprise. Can someone tell me what it is with Ace pilots and Not seeking immediate medical attention after a fight? Also, the Vajira appear to have a new trick up their sleeves, shrugging off reaction weapons like that
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

In this episode, Ozma gets to have his pineapple cake and eat it too. Also, guess what song is playing during the flashback when Ozma is doing Cathy? Give up? TRY AGAIN!

This is the best episode so far. Really.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

VF5SS wrote:In this episode, Ozma gets to have his pineapple cake and eat it too. Also, guess what song is playing during the flashback when Ozma is doing Cathy? Give up? TRY AGAIN!

This is the best episode so far. Really.
Episodes like this remind me why I like Macross much more than the recent Gundams or Code Geass, Kawamori's presentation doesn't disappoint. :)
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

New OP too....all Ranka, no Sheryl in sight :lol:

Seikan Hikou OP
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Are they using that as the OP from now on, or just for this episode?
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

Darksider wrote:Are they using that as the OP from now on, or just for this episode?
It's just for this episode, the next episode will have the new 2nd OP.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

*sigh* what was wrong with the first one? Okay, the characters have developed a bit...

Alto's hair was so goddamn beautiful in ths shower scene, but hair like that'd take some drying.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Haha, oh man, Micheal is getting a little too self-aware. "If he died, it would've been incredibly emotional, huh?"

Meta as fuck.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

I laughed at that too, then had to wonder if it was just awkward translation. Which dub did you grab?

Speaking of Micheal, I know he's only trying to get info on what Grace was trying to do to Sheryl, but can't he ever cut Klan a break??
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

I wonder if reaction warheads are really nuclear missiles now.

Because you can't "adapt" to nukes.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I wonder if the series' combat scenes won't take a turn for the worse now that the vajira are invincible again.

I know those knives of theirs work, but SOD be damned, I just don't like seeing variable fighters going hand to hand. It irks me. I mean the occasional use when other weapons are exhausted or just to show off (because pilots never do that) is fine, but if it's the only way to kill the red ones?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

They'll come up with some new toys to blow them up with. Probably including that weaponised fold drive that chewed up Galia IV.

Also, never underestimate the power of idol music.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:They'll come up with some new toys to blow them up with. Probably including that weaponised fold drive that chewed up Galia IV.

Also, never underestimate the power of idol music.
The whole point of the Idol music in every GOOD macross series is to convince some of the enemy to switch sides, and distract the bad ones so the good guys can vaporize them with copious amounts of missiles.

Now the missiles apparently won't work.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Ypoknons wrote:I wonder if reaction warheads are really nuclear missiles now.

Because you can't "adapt" to nukes.
It appeared as though the ones caught in the blast were annihilated while the ones on the edge just let their skin reach high temperatures and then let is cook off like ablative armor. Killing fewer and fewer Varja per encounter would quickly exhaust their supply of reaction weapons.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Darksider wrote:I know those knives of theirs work, but SOD be damned, I just don't like seeing variable fighters going hand to hand. It irks me. I mean the occasional use when other weapons are exhausted or just to show off (because pilots never do that) is fine, but if it's the only way to kill the red ones?
It was dramatic, but the VF-25's don't really have many more weapons. They have gunpod, conventional missiles and the knife. With super or armor pack they can have reaction warheads and more missiles and guns. With the guns and reaction warheads ineffective, the knife's about it. Ozama did use his guns to distract the reds a bit. Also note that the VF-27s were using their beam rifles and those worked just fine.

Yes - on reflection the Vajra aren't quite as "magic" are the Borg - it's more like a quick redesign cycle than outright 'adaptation".
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ypoknons wrote:Yes - on reflection the Vajra aren't quite as "magic" are the Borg - it's more like a quick redesign cycle than outright 'adaptation".
They outright state that any adaptation takes place in the next generation of Vajra, they just have a scary fast breeding cycle.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

They'll probably just equip the VF-25s with some of those funky quantum guns the 27s are using as a stopgap until they develop some kind of specifically anti-Vajra weaponry.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

VF5SS wrote: It appeared as though the ones caught in the blast were annihilated while the ones on the edge just let their skin reach high temperatures and then let is cook off like ablative armor. Killing fewer and fewer Varja per encounter would quickly exhaust their supply of reaction weapons.

Clearly they need bigger nukes.