Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Commencing preparations for rabid macross fanboy attack

*Dons fire-retardant suit, and grabs flamer*

On another note. Is anyone else starting to feel sorry for Sheryl?

From grace's dialogue i get the feeling that she isn't going to survive long.

Her status as "fairy 9" and her hazy past makes me wonder if her mysterious illness isn't so much vajira related as it is some sort of genetic degradation from her being a clone.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Huh. I got the distinct impression that Grace had made her sick as part of a plan to sow seeds of discontent?

And yes, I've defected to Team Sheryl now that the playing field is level and we've seen that she's just as emotionally vulnerable as Ranka.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Darksider wrote: On another note. Is anyone else starting to feel sorry for Sheryl?

From grace's dialogue i get the feeling that she isn't going to survive long.
I can certainly see things getting worse for her rather than better, but since she's one side of the traditional Macross love triangle, don't expect her to go anywhere soon.

Besides, if she did it would be pitchforks and torches time. Mark my words.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Agreed; I'm better that the next major character to die will be flying a 25 and have a penchant for italian rally cars.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah. His whole position just screams "Doomed!" I'm surprised he didn't buy it in episode 8, to the Manly Tears of the entire internet. Again.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

considering the name of an upcoming episode is "goodbye sister" I won't be surprised when Ozma buys the farm. Reminds me of the robotech episode "farewell big brother."
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Darksider wrote:considering the name of an upcoming episode is "goodbye sister" I won't be surprised when Ozma buys the farm. Reminds me of the robotech episode "farewell big brother."
My sentiments exactly.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Darksider wrote:considering the name of an upcoming episode is "goodbye sister" I won't be surprised when Ozma buys the farm. Reminds me of the robotech episode "farewell big brother."
More like PINEAPPLE SALAD.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Manus Celer Dei wrote: More like PINEAPPLE SALAD.
That's what macross called it?

Dear god that's lame.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Darksider wrote: That's what macross called it?

Dear god that's lame.
Not nearly as lame as what the narrator actually says the episode's title is.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'm sorry but "Pine Salad" is a hell of a lot better than "Farewell Big Brother" as an episode title. The former doesn't give anything of a hint what the episode is about, making the outcome more of a tragic surprise, while the latter twists it around to make it relate to Rick or whatever they changed Hikaru's name to instead of Claudia.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I don't think you guys need to put spoilers on a show that's 25 years old.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I'm sorry but "Pine Salad" is a hell of a lot better than "Farewell Big Brother" as an episode title. The former doesn't give anything of a hint what the episode is about, making the outcome more of a tragic surprise, while the latter twists it around to make it relate to Rick or whatever they changed Hikaru's name to instead of Claudia.
Pine Salad is still full of lame. Just because the US version of the episode screws over any chance of suspense doesn't magically make Pine Salad less lame.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Pineapple salads are awesome. Are you going to deny Roy's his awesome favorite meal? Why do you hate Roy? Damn Roy haters.

Anyway, I don't like Ozma is gonna die. If anything Brera might buy it while protecting Ranka. Hell, Luca didn't die even after making the biggest mistake (other than telling a lesbian you like her) in robot anime. Kawamori is fucking with us.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

She's a lesbian?
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Rainbows are straighter than Nanase. She seems to be completely obsessed with Ranka. I don't know if "good friends" covers that kind of behavior.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

She's not a lesbian! She can't be, that would be a terrible waste.

She's bisexual.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Well she is the only thing in a skirt that doesn't dissolve into a helpless puddle of squee around Alto.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

So what about back in Episode 4 when she declared that they had to look for Ranka, Luca was all 'Right on!' and Michael said 'lol you're quite pretty' and Nana went weak at the knees while Luca was like 'dude cockblock any?'

THEN

In the shower scene, Sheryl says what we were all thinking anyway, and Nana's like OMG Don't ogle me!!

So note that when complimented by a popular guy, she responded in the positive, but when complimented by a popular girl, not so much the case.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

yeah, but remember when ranka transfered to mihoshi academy and started talking about seeing Nanase every day?

Hell, judging by his reaction, even Luca saw the subtext there.

Combine that with her tackle-hugging ranka in episode 12, and there's enough evidence for it to go either way.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

True, true.

I will continue the research. But, as I already said, it would be a shame. The hanging implications of the schoolboy-looks Luca with the I-got-my-growth-spurt-early Nanase are so wrong as to be somewhat necessary to preserve that anime 'feel'.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

tim31 wrote:True, true.

I will continue the research. But, as I already said, it would be a shame. The hanging implications of the schoolboy-looks Luca with the I-got-my-growth-spurt-early Nanase are so wrong as to be somewhat necessary to preserve that anime 'feel'.
I'm not sure it's really much worse than Mihail with Klan's miclon form.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Klan's miclone doesn't even make sense. I mean, I could see *maybe* an accident like that happening once, but every time she miclones? There's no physical, biological or physiological reason for it. It has to be a psychological issue on her part, which is only marginally less sad than the real, out-of-universe explanation.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

You know klan could just be a midget and not a loli. Not that it makes it any less lulzy. Even though they really haven't been playing Klan for lulz outside of her first appearance.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

tim31 wrote:So what about back in Episode 4 when she declared that they had to look for Ranka, Luca was all 'Right on!' and Michael said 'lol you're quite pretty' and Nana went weak at the knees while Luca was like 'dude cockblock any?'

THEN

In the shower scene, Sheryl says what we were all thinking anyway, and Nana's like OMG Don't ogle me!!

So note that when complimented by a popular guy, she responded in the positive, but when complimented by a popular girl, not so much the case.
Yeah, but Mikhail is not your average sniping, space fighter piloting pointy eared studly high schooler. He flies the blue plane, which gives him super powers when it comes to hitting on everything that moves. Look at Alto, who was totally tsundere for Mikhail in the first episode. :wink:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.