"Falling Skies" Season 2 (spoilers)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Re: "Falling Skies" Season 2 (spoilers)

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Well, now that was interesting, if not unexpected. "Another race of aliens gets involved" was my top hypothesis for the surprising ending, and it was all but confirmed by the massive weapon aimed at the skies. It looks like the 2nd Mass will now have an ally . . . or enemy. Probably "ally but complicated".
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I liked the look of the new aliens, hopefully they'll take up residence and keep the show in/around Charleston. There's too much going on in that city for them to leave it behind, and I think it really helps anchor the show. It will be interesting to see what exactly the aliens are doing, and how widely they were dispersed.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I wonder if they're supposed to be the equivalent of the French in the American Revolutionary War, in that they're long-time enemies of the Ishvanni who think they might have a chance to deal them a blow by providing assistance to the Human and Skitter Resistance. It could also be that they're doing a land grab on Earth. Or both. I'm almost certainly wrong - my predictions of where this show is going have been dismal so far.

It's interesting that the Ishvanni apparently keep the whole organizational set-up of their forces inside the heads of individual overseers (supposedly because they're so super-intelligent that they don't need computers). The latter seems unlikely, but the former is an interesting idea. I've often wondered if a civilization of highly advanced, virtually immortal, individualistic beings would tend to rely much more heavily on very long-term arrangements between individuals than on institutions. Institutions tend to be more important when you have to preserve things beyond the lives of particular human beings, and when our more informal mechanisms for social control and cohesion break down in larger, more diverse groups.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I hope they use the aliens as a tool to give an overall picture of what else is happening. Is there any other resistance, or is Charleston and surrounding areas the only place with any organised groups of humans still alive. I don't see the aliens having a harder time taking apart the military on the rest of the planet but I don't think they would have an easier time mopping up the survivors either. A vague overall picture would be nice.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

The pilot lady who told the 2nd Mass about Charleston spoke about a resistance movement in Europe that they had had contact with.
-Jean-Luc Picard

-Margaret Atwood
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I remember in season one the Colonel talked about resistance groups in Chicago, Oklahoma City, and somewhere in California. It would be nice if they put a map on a wall at some point.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Tandrax218
Padawan Learner

Post by Tandrax218 »

i just hope that there is going to be a lot more action in the next episode and less " i lovu you, you love me not " bullshit from all the main characters...

more guns, blasters, particledestructors, explosions and stuff like that.

hope that retarded general gets killed asap.

the new aliens lok massefectish
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

I can't imagine the alien opened his helmet to start shooting at the humans.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I think he kinda smiled or something too. My guess, the new arrivals will at least appear to be friendly, though the teaser makes it clear that may not be the case.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
seanpuallynch
Redshirt

Post by seanpuallynch »

I have just joined and I hope I will learn a lot of new information here.
I admire the valuable information you offered in your article. Excellent submission very good post.Keep posting thumbs up.