Just saw the Animatrix on Cartoon Network

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

Yeah, they cut away before her face was actually ripped open, and I don't think they showed the destroyed animals either.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

Seggybop wrote:Yeah, they cut away before her face was actually ripped open, and I don't think they showed the destroyed animals either.
Also, concerning the dead animal old lady part again, they cut out her brain falling out. o_0
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Seggybop wrote:
Seggybop wrote:Yeah, they cut away before her face was actually ripped open, and I don't think they showed the destroyed animals either.
Also, concerning the dead animal old lady part again, they cut out her brain falling out. o_0
I first saw it on DVD, so I saw the whole face-ripping thing in its full glory :shock:

The soldier screaming creeped me out the most.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Looking at the TSR, I couldn't help but wonder how much of that was "real," and how much of it was just symbolism. The differences were amazingly jarring at time.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

SAMAS wrote:Looking at the TSR, I couldn't help but wonder how much of that was "real," and how much of it was just symbolism. The differences were amazingly jarring at time.
It's from the records of Zion, so a lot of it could be mythological or legend from the historical perspective from IN the story. As for symbolism, if Neo=Jesus, then the actions of the humans and machines against each other are the "original" sin.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

I've always figured that TSR was simply an after the fact historical dramatization/propoganda film and that as such it fudges a lot of things. If nothing else some of what Morpheus says doesn't square with it, which gave me the impression it's the Zionese eqvialent of a History Channel documentary.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Maybe Morpheus napped during History class. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Maybe Morpheus napped during History class. :)
Or maybe he, being some thing of an important man, knows that they're feeding the average Zionist BS propoganda?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Or maybe since the machines provided the Zion archives (presumably they leave behind some titbits after each levelling of Zion) and TSR is from the Zion Archives then TSR is meant to be a load of bullshit.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!