Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Spoiler ahoy!)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Spoiler ahoy!)

Post by Anguirus »

^ They're all on goddamn ball-and-socket joints than a child could pop in and out. I'll take that over the immobile jointless bricks that were all the '80s could produce in toys of that size...and that would still probably break if you held them by one arm and shook them. You just wouldn't be able to fix them once that happened.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

The difference between Transformers and a toyline like GI Joe is that often with a Transformer you don't know which parts are supposed to move, and in which ways, and which ones aren't. Therefore it makes sense to design them in such a way that parts will pop off easily (and then be popped back on just as easily) rather than breaking when the wrong kind of force is applied.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Here is a prolonged review from The Amazing Atheist.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Big Orange wrote:Here is a prolonged review from The Amazing Atheist.
That's now my favourite review of this abortion of a film. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I don't agree with everything they say about other movies (like Indy IV) but I agree with most of what they said about this heap of gimmicky, vulgar shit.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I have to disagree. Yes it dragged at times, yes the story was so convoluted and bad it made my brain hurt to think about it, but I like it anyway, the fights were good, and that's all that mattered
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Spending half an hour watching fat, outraged, nasal nerds pontificate in poorly-edited explosions of nerdrage is awesome. Someone needs to make a movie.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Robot Chicken did it better with it's Fat Nasal Nerd Rails At Robot Chicken For Misrepresenting Go-Bots Sketch.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Even my review for collectiondx was filled with less neckbearded rage. Although it did have valium fueled rage.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。