nBSG ep 4.15: "No Exit" Talkback (SPOILERS)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Rate This Episode

Poll ended at 2009-02-27 09:55pm

69%
21%
9%
No votes
1%

Total votes: 81

Bilbo
Jedi Master

Re: nBSG ep 4.15: "No Exit" Talkback (SPOILERS)

Post by Bilbo »

I knew it. This makes a lot of sense. The human form cylons always felt like skilled users of their equipment, but not the creators or designers. This makes sense. It explains why they do not really understand the Hybrids, and it explains why they were not able to replace the Resurrection Hub.
I KILL YOU!!!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Alex Moon wrote:I feel sorry for Ellen. It's like a parent who discovers that their child has committed a terrible crime.
Worse, her child's "teenaged rebellion" was to murder 20 billion people. What happened is becoming clear. It seems that Cavil raged against the humanity that Ellen and the other Four forced on him that he decided to kill all humans exactly because the Five Creators (it seems odd to call the first five Cylons "the Final Five") wanted them to love human beings and have the human experience.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Go Boomer.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Well he didn't take that lightly.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Boomer is back.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Bilbo wrote:I knew it. This makes a lot of sense. The human form cylons always felt like skilled users of their equipment, but not the creators or designers. This makes sense. It explains why they do not really understand the Hybrids, and it explains why they were not able to replace the Resurrection Hub.
It also might mean the Centurions have a score to settle. Think about it. The Five Creators met with the Centurions, gave them biological technology and resurrection in order to convince them to make peace with Humankind. However, the modern Centurions had no free will when we were first introduced to them. Chances are that was also Cavil's doing. I'm willing to bet Cavil pull a con on them and enslaved the Centurions. Probably thought he was even doing them a favor, to make them more like machines like he could never be.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Alex Moon wrote:Go Boomer.
She better hope the fleet in a similarly 'forgiving' mood if they hook up :P

Man, Adama is looking not good there, boozing like Saul used to and popping some sort of pills? Yikes

And it looks like they managed to kill Sam :?
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Sounds like the colonies were going to lose the first Cylon war if the Final Five had not arrived and convinced the Cylons to leave. Which would make sense. If Cylons were the heart of the colonies military then the Colonies would have really been in a poor spot retooling for a new military while the heart of their old one attached them.
I KILL YOU!!!
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Bilbo wrote:I knew it. This makes a lot of sense. The human form cylons always felt like skilled users of their equipment, but not the creators or designers. This makes sense. It explains why they do not really understand the Hybrids, and it explains why they were not able to replace the Resurrection Hub.
It also might mean the Centurions have a score to settle. Think about it. The Five Creators met with the Centurions, gave them biological technology and resurrection in order to convince them to make peace with Humankind. However, the modern Centurions had no free will when we were first introduced to them. Chances are that was also Cavil's doing. I'm willing to bet Cavil pull a con on them and enslaved the Centurions. Probably thought he was even doing them a favor, to make them more like machines like he could never be.
That would make sense. It also means "John" is really the in charge and the whole council of votes has been a sham.
I KILL YOU!!!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Man, that hour went quick. Something doesn't quite add up. This episode explicitly contradicts Saul Tigh fighting in the Cylon War, since Cavil and Ellen claimed that the Five Creators were murdered and sent to the Colonies AFTER the eight humanoid Cylons were created, which happened AFTER the Centurions declared peace. They really kind of painted themselves into a corner with the timeline of the series in places.

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

That would make sense. It also means "John" is really the in charge and the whole council of votes has been a sham
If that is the case, I wonder how the remaining cylons will feel about that if it comes to light. I still think the centurions are the key, even the inhibited model's reaction to Ellen was interesting, reshaping its hand from claw -o- death to a more 'humanlike' one :)
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Man, that hour went quick. Something doesn't quite add up. This episode explicitly contradicts Saul Tigh fighting in the Cylon War, since Cavil and Ellen claimed that the Five Creators were murdered and sent to the Colonies AFTER the eight humanoid Cylons were created, which happened AFTER the Centurions declared peace. They really kind of painted themselves into a corner with the timeline of the series in places.
Unless his fighting in the first war was all implanted memories by Cavil. Which means Cavil also kidnapped humans from the colonies and messed with their memories to make the 5 fit in properly.
I KILL YOU!!!
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Man, that hour went quick. Something doesn't quite add up. This episode explicitly contradicts Saul Tigh fighting in the Cylon War, since Cavil and Ellen claimed that the Five Creators were murdered and sent to the Colonies AFTER the eight humanoid Cylons were created, which happened AFTER the Centurions declared peace. They really kind of painted themselves into a corner with the timeline of the series in places.
Likely Cavil used Cylon memories of the war to build a backstory that was believable. Inserting Tigh soon after the end of the fighting would allow him to blend in with the likely millions of other soldiers returning home. Throw in a Cylon occupation of parts of the twelve colonies and there may be a lot of missing records to cover for any discrepancies.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I really want to know more about what they said regarding the Cylon's belief in God coming from the original Centurions.

At least, that's what it sounded like they said.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Burak Gazan wrote:
That would make sense. It also means "John" is really the in charge and the whole council of votes has been a sham
If that is the case, I wonder how the remaining cylons will feel about that if it comes to light. I still think the centurions are the key, even the inhibited model's reaction to Ellen was interesting, reshaping its hand from claw -o- death to a more 'humanlike' one :)
They might be. Cavil has effectively taken what had been newly free Cylons and enslaved them in an even more hideous manner by lobotomizing them.

All this means that Cavil runs everything. He has lied to everyone since he has known all along about the "Final 5".
I KILL YOU!!!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Heh. Johnny! Too bad he's not number 5...

This episode was a lot of infodump that could have been somehow worked into previous episodes. I understand that most of this was probably just made up recently, but that's just poor planning on the part of the writers.

Also: Ellen and Cavil? Ewwwww.
XXXI
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Except didn't Adama know Tigh during the war? Also, he's bound to have a service record that the Colonial Fleet would have had. It's not like he could have shown up at the Colonial version of MEPS, insisting that he was a veteran of the First Cylon war and an officer and getting let back into the Fleet without them checking.

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I really want to know more about what they said regarding the Cylon's belief in God coming from the original Centurions.

Yeah, I heard that too. One of the causes of the First Cylon War was the Centurions got Saved by Robot Jesus. :lol:

xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I really want to know more about what they said regarding the Cylon's belief in God coming from the original Centurions.

Yeah, I heard that too. One of the causes of the First Cylon War was the Centurions got Saved by Robot Jesus. :lol:
and the implication that Cylon God/ Head six/Head balter are another entity working to affect events.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

No one has mentioned that "angels" came to the 5 and warned them that Earth was going to get nuked. head 6/head baltar?
For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be;
Saw the heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails,
Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;
Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Except didn't Adama know Tigh during the war? Also, he's bound to have a service record that the Colonial Fleet would have had. It's not like he could have shown up at the Colonial version of MEPS, insisting that he was a veteran of the First Cylon war and an officer and getting let back into the Fleet without them checking.
could be explain if there a real Saul Tigh who Cavil eliminated and then replaced with the current Saul Tigh.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Except didn't Adama know Tigh during the war? Also, he's bound to have a service record that the Colonial Fleet would have had. It's not like he could have shown up at the Colonial version of MEPS, insisting that he was a veteran of the First Cylon war and an officer and getting let back into the Fleet without them checking.
Adama met Tigh in a bar. :D
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

Aeolus wrote:No one has mentioned that "angels" came to the 5 and warned them that Earth was going to get nuked. head 6/head baltar?

oh yeah forgot about that. some saw a man, some saw a woman.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'm betting next week's episode, at least part of it, is going to have more infodump.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

I got the impression that Adama and Tigh met on that beat up old freighter they were both assigned to after mustering out from the war. There's likely to be a few discrepancies in a dump this big :)

What was it Sam said just before the end, going into surgery? Something about something about to happen? Damn, got to rewatch this on Sunday