Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen teaser trailer

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen teaser trailer

Post by Jim Raynor »

Awesome teaser. I can't believe how dark this looks (in comparison to the first movie). The destruction looks to be on a far larger scale, the way you would expect from the way the Decepticons were hyped up early on in the last movie.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Okay... everything gets blown up, apparently a carrier gets sunk. That is nice. Also, robots grow bigger. And it would be rather awesome if this movie concluded with a subtle hint at the appearance of Unicron, as we apparently get the Fallen in here (though he's not in the teaser, but I think he'll be at least glimpsed in the trailer, heheh).

Bigger robots + more carnage = finally, a worthwhile trip to the cinema.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

I'm hoping they don't bother with all the extraneous bullshit the first movie had, and a lot more explosions and firepower.

A full-on showdown between Earth militaries + Autobots and the Decepticons would be absolutely worth it, and it doe slook like the human militaries will at least be involved in a Redshirt army fashion, which is perfectly fine.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

I hope the bullshit comedy is toned down in the film. There is too much in the first.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Intriguing.

The promise of robot violence has me intrigued. But after the everything in the first film, I'm really not that optimistic.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Peptuck wrote:I'm hoping they don't bother with all the extraneous bullshit the first movie had, and a lot more explosions and firepower.

A full-on showdown between Earth militaries + Autobots and the Decepticons would be absolutely worth it, and it doe slook like the human militaries will at least be involved in a Redshirt army fashion, which is perfectly fine.
This will probably be the case, the Transformers have been clearly established on screen, we know what they their is know need to subtly bring them in. Plus the whole "Kid buys a car which just happens to be a giant robot" is done and over with.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

Peptuck wrote:I'm hoping they don't bother with all the extraneous bullshit the first movie had, and a lot more explosions and firepower.

Whilst we probably wont see it a full on air defence engagement from the CVBG with missiles and CAP and stuff done ala the call for fire in transformers 1 would be pretty sweet.
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Zor wrote:

This will probably be the case, the Transformers have been clearly established on screen, we know what they their is know need to subtly bring them in. Plus the whole "Kid buys a car which just happens to be a giant robot" is done and over with.

Zor
Also, according to interviews they wanted more screentime for the robots in the first film, but simply couldn't afford more CGI because the ridiculous detailed bayformers cost a ton to animate apparently.

Last word I heard on TF2 was that the studios pretty much threw money after bay after they saw how successful the first one was, and we alredy have confirmation in interviews that there will be lots more screen time for the avtual Transformers this time around! :mrgreen:

I'm personally not sold on Ravages redesign just yet, but then again we only saw him for like 3 seconds, heh.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

My inner fanboy is outraged that the only appearance of Prime was to take a serious headbutt from somebody.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Ford Prefect wrote:My inner fanboy is outraged that the only appearance of Prime was to take a serious headbutt from somebody.
Hopefully this will be rewarded with a following scene of Prime stabbing his opponent back in the face with an energon sword, like the first movie.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Ford Prefect wrote:My inner fanboy is outraged that the only appearance of Prime was to take a serious headbutt from somebody.
no...no no..at the end of the trailer he jumped onto that Construction's face and was hanging from it for a few seconds.....

I actually am looking forward to this movie....even though several people know my feelings to the first movie.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

The models are easy to animate, it's building them that costs money. They literally cost millions to be made, since each one has thousands of moving pieces. You're just not putting it into a CNC machine to be built for real (though they did technically do that for Bumblebee's physical shots).

Given everything has been set-up, this film will be two and a half hours of "Ouch time" for the Autobots and humans. The minor Decepticon force of the first film had more fun in the prequel comic by the UK Transformers magazine (they owned an A-stan base much like Blackout did the SOCCENT one in Qatar at the start of the first movie).

And really, anyone who doesn't get a hard on for this isn't human. It will be worth the entry fee to see the Constructicons smash shit in economy proportions, to say nothing of Megs and Starscream coming back, the CVN action and The Fallen.

By the way, this technically is only a TV spot, not a teaser trailer.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Oh man, watching the trailer in HD (the film itself will be in IMAX, given the success of the second release of the first one and TDK) you really see some awesome detail. ILM have had more time and money to do things, especially when many characters were already premade for this movie from the first, only their motions are more fluid and better detail.

I swear I see Arcee after Sideswipe (I think) jumps out of that building. Also, when Big Unicycle Guy smashes through that overpass, you see several cop cars racing towards him... who then go squish. What the hell were they expecting to do?! But then, they seem to be in Japan, so maybe they thought after Godzilla, this'd be easy.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Oh man, watching the trailer in HD (the film itself will be in IMAX, given the success of the second release of the first one and TDK) you really see some awesome detail. ILM have had more time and money to do things, especially when many characters were already premade for this movie from the first, only their motions are more fluid and better detail.

I swear I see Arcee after Sideswipe (I think) jumps out of that building. Also, when Big Unicycle Guy smashes through that overpass, you see several cop cars racing towards him... who then go squish. What the hell were they expecting to do?! But then, they seem to be in Japan, so maybe they thought after Godzilla, this'd be easy.
From what I heard, there are scenes in China, Shanghai.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

That would explain where the Constructicons come from. Probably some massive construction site in China where the protoforms land and assimilate the shapes of the local machinery. I presume the new force Capt. Lennox heads is a global one, rather than just looking out for the US (the CVBG must be out for a reason, though it certainly didn't look like it was ready for any attack).

Additionally, Big Unicycle Guy appears to be the hydraulic shovel.

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTj_WPDqYM

Another HD trailer link, since some of you said the OP's link was gone.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

I hear full trailers are under a minute now and only shown at sports events Americans watch alone. ;)

No, it's not the full trailer. It's not even a teaser trailer. It's a TV spot, and you can expect there to be a proper full trailer in May or so, like with the first film. This is just a "whet the appetite" thing for those who, unlike us, likely don't even know of a sequel in the works.

We can expect some nicer shots from subsequent stuff, and I have all the TV spots from the first film. All ten or something. So this is one of many. Hooray for advertising!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Makes more sense then. Don't really know what everyone's getting worked up about though; it's so short you could make such an 'exciting' (read, contextless) trailer out of any action movie.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Like I say, just a scene setter and a "Hey dudes, Bay made another movie with giant robots and 'splosions" ad. For the fans, they'll have a two minute teaser and a full trailer, but at least one decent clip to show what's going on. All we can tell from this is a) the Decepticons are back, as Starscream's ending alluded to happening, b) they're kicking shit, c) they have a BIG guy kicking shit for them.

The big reveal will be Giant Unicycle Guy being SMALL compared to an actual gestalt form too. I imagine they'll hint at that in the trailer, but leave it as something to see in the actual cinema for better visuals a la the E.T. and WOTW reveals.
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Anyone else see the cannon barrel inside Ravages mouth? Seems his bark might be meaner than his bite 8) :lol:

Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Who is Unicycle guy?

Also, Bay has apparently said that Megs won't be making an appearance this round. Which is pretty bizzare.
Spoiler
There is also talk of Giza Pyramid shenanigans that will play a part in the Decepticon's evil machinations of REVENGE
Last edited by Zablorg on 2009-02-03 01:25am, edited 2 times in total.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Zablorg wrote:Who is Unicycle guy?
The humongous transformer at the end of the trailer with a single wheel instead of any legs?
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

:lol: Oh wow. I guess I couldn't see the wheel for the unicycle. Silly ol me.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

TheLostVikings wrote:Anyone else see the cannon barrel inside Ravages mouth? Seems his bark might be meaner than his bite 8) :lol:
I made the exact same screencap but forgot to host it. Yeah, that definitely looks like a nice gun there.

And I wouldn't listen to Bay. They've already said confusing statements will be put out to muddy the waters and make it less likely for rumours to be taken as fact.