Darth Vader vs 5000 monkeys

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

LordShaithis
Redshirt

Darth Vader vs 5000 monkeys

Post by LordShaithis »

Vader has his saber, but all 5000 monkeys have rusty butcher knives, are full of PCP, and think Vader is a giant bananna. Discuss.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

two words: Monkey Burgers :shock:
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Even better: System Shock 2 monkeys.

5000 SS2 monkeys vs Vader.

I'll give it to the monkeys.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

The monkeys all start throwing crap at Vader. Vader uses his lightsaber to deflect the crap back at the monkeys.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Vader wins unless of course those monkeys are Dave's specially trained rabid battle monkeys (TM) from the depth of his monkey pit.
Supermod
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Vader wins unless of course those monkeys are Dave's specially trained rabid battle monkeys (TM) from the depth of his monkey pit.
So THOSE were the monkeys that attacked me...DAMN YOU DAVE!!!
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

i would say that vadar is able to make all the monkeys think they each one of them is a bananna and they all end up trying to eat one another... vadar wins
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

Monkeys attack group of "red shirts" behind Vader that just beamed in.

Post by Guest »

To answer this question it depends on how powerful the Jedi are. If you used the examples of the force that GL has given us, eventually all of the weight of the monkeys will crush Darth Vader after a lot of monkeys are sliced in half. If we use Kevin J. Anderson's version of the force, Darth Vader will hold out his hands and blow all of the monkeys away (reference Dark Saber, you all know what I am talking about, right?) If we use Timothy Zahn's viewpoint of the force, all of the monkeys have force blocking powers that will negate Darth Vader's force skills. DV lasts one minute at most. :shock:
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Vader would probably use the force to keep them away, and then slay them all. If they were David's Rabid Killer Monkeys, they could win if they all attack at once.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

However, I doubt Dave has 5000 rabid battle monkeys at his disposal.
They require an awful lot of training and such, he won't have much more than a few hundred at most.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

If we use Timothy Zahn's viewpoint of the force, all of the monkeys have force blocking powers that will negate Darth Vader's force skills. DV lasts one minute at most.
When you say dumb things people call you an idiot its a well know fact amoung non-idiots

This board happens to be increabily Pro Zahn-Crisitism him at your own risk, Infact the best SW writer poll awhile back turned in a result of 49-0-0-0 for Zahn(Stackpole, KJA, and AA where the other three writers), considering we have 52 memebers thats saying somthing

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Have you guys ever *seen* an angry monkey? And I'm not talking about lemurs, here, I'm talking about Chimps and 'tangs. Vader would account for himself well, but he's not going to take out 5000 angry, drugged up monkeys.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

The moneys dead unless they're Dave's monkeys. Even with the vast numerical advantadge a standard monkey is nothing compared to the Dark Side of the force.
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Vader would use the Force to summon 5000 typewrites, the monkeys would then begin to write the works of Shakespear (Bean :P ) while DV escapes.

If they were Daves rabid battle monkeys, they would too smart and well trained to write with the type writers. No they would instead hurl them at the Sith lord until he was bludgeoned to death by them.

So it depends on the monkey, I guess.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Cpt_Frank wrote:However, I doubt Dave has 5000 rabid battle monkeys at his disposal.
They require an awful lot of training and such, he won't have much more than a few hundred at most.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Btw Dave good you returned to that avatar that was the best one you've had so far.
So, how many mokeys do you have? How much time do you spend training them?
And if you have trained several, can they train other moneys too (which in turn will later train further ones)?
Supermod
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

It is also important to know exactly how much PCP is in each monkey. At medium plateaus, PCP can make you very aggressive and erratic, but the more PCP you take, the more dissociated and ineffectual you become.

I say 5,000 monkeys win, though. Vader's a tough dude, and would take a good number with him, but he isn't a God.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

The number of monkeys I have can best be explained by the equation ~

12^33 x 4566 = 535 ( pi5322)/0
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Commander LeoRo wrote:To answer this question it depends on how powerful the Jedi are. If you used the examples of the force that GL has given us, eventually all of the weight of the monkeys will crush Darth Vader after a lot of monkeys are sliced in half. If we use Kevin J. Anderson's version of the force, Darth Vader will hold out his hands and blow all of the monkeys away (reference Dark Saber, you all know what I am talking about, right?) If we use Timothy Zahn's viewpoint of the force, all of the monkeys have force blocking powers that will negate Darth Vader's force skills. DV lasts one minute at most. :shock:
Hey welcome to the board! Beware; don't bash Zahn here, :evil: it's not a smart move. :evil: :evil: I know you might have said it as a joke but just in case I will let you in on a little secret....

Zahn's invention of the yslamari, wasn't to stop 'the superman effect', he did that with Luke always wondering how far he could go, and if he was up to training Leia and her children as well as Yoda and thus not make Obi-Wan's mistake. Also C'boath was Luke's foil in the piece making it impossible for 'the superman effect' to take hold.

The yslamari were created for Thrawn's ultimate bid for power, they served that purpose. Thrawn's victory depended on it. Unfortunately other EU writers have just killed it to death. :D :mrgreen:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'