OMNI SCIFI VERSUS: These Size-Chart ships fight! Who wins?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Re: OMNI SCIFI VERSUS: These Size-Chart ships fight! Who win

Post by Iroscato »

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed there isn't already a fanfic based on this scenario yet. I am a patient man, however. I can wait.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

The Krenim timeship will be next to useless. Their main weapon backfires if it hits a target that isn't supposed to be there. Since all of these ships are plucked away from their home universe, they literally do not belong where they are now. So the Krenim will just screw themselves over.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Chimaera wrote:I'm surprised and slightly disappointed there isn't already a fanfic based on this scenario yet. I am a patient man, however. I can wait.
I knoowww! I've been trying to get people to do this for days. I mean, I have some stuff written up, but it is more 'ideas for a collection of scenes and interactions' than a fanfic, and I'm not a good writer...
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Gavinfoxx wrote:
Chimaera wrote:I'm surprised and slightly disappointed there isn't already a fanfic based on this scenario yet. I am a patient man, however. I can wait.
I knoowww! I've been trying to get people to do this for days. I mean, I have some stuff written up, but it is more 'ideas for a collection of scenes and interactions' than a fanfic, and I'm not a good writer...
But surely any battles in said fanfic would basically be "Ha, we've destroyed x enemy and the insignficant bugs that were annoying us... now who's n [ship blows up because someone bigger and meaner has just opened fire on them]" rinse and repeat until someone like the Darleks are left standing because no one else can challenge them.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Perseid wrote:
Gavinfoxx wrote:
But surely any battles in said fanfic would basically be "Ha, we've destroyed x enemy and the insignficant bugs that were annoying us... now who's n [ship blows up because someone bigger and meaner has just opened fire on them]" rinse and repeat until someone like the Darleks are left standing because no one else can challenge them.
More along the lines of that being the starting point, leading into THE ultimate sci-fi crossover featuring dozens of franchises and hundreds of characters. Starcrossed writ large, baby.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Less 'random guy you like gets blown up', more 'this character interacts with this character' and lots of politicking and jockeying for position and social dynamics and engineering and misunderstandings and comedy and prescient characters desperately trying to bring about the confluence of events that has the Daleks not winning...
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Gavinfoxx wrote:
Well you could, and this may be a somewhat revolutionary idea, write it yourself? If you're worried it won't be good enough then just know it sure as hell isn't going to be good if you don't do it, and what you write isn't set in stone you can go back and improve always.

Unless of course you're just lazy and wanted to read a cool idea you had writ large as a story with zero effort on your part, to which I counter by asking, if you don't want to put any effort into this, why should we?
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

I am putting effort into it and writing it I just need help from a good author who knows many of the settings (b5, EVE, the animes, etc; I'm okay with Star Trek, 40k, Wing Commander, Doctor Who, Star Wars)...
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Well, why not start with a smaller scale based on just the ones you know? You don't have to include every series ever after all
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

OmegaChief wrote:Well, why not start with a smaller scale based on just the ones you know? You don't have to include every series ever after all
Yabbut.

It's more fun.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Not if you're the one tasked with writing it and don't know beans about most of the participants.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

What is the ritual required to summon Stravo? He certainly knew his way around SW/ST, I'd be curious to see how he fares with multiple franchises :P

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Chimaera wrote:What is the ritual required to summon Stravo? He certainly knew his way around SW/ST, I'd be curious to see how he fares with multiple franchises :P
Only if finishes the fics he has now. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

So... does anyone know someone who can help me write this? I'd like to share drafts...
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Okay... I can preeetttyyy comfortably say that the Daleks would probably win this one. They just have two much going for them. Now... that said, how can we make this more interesting? What about some little snippets of fiction or point of view? I have a few ideas of some interesting scenes... now, I am really really not good at writing, but I gotta get this on paper... All I have is a bunch of ideas for scenes. Could anyone help contribute with the scenes? How would things go? Would love to hear your contributions!

Here's the narrative setup:

Two stars are the only stars visible, orbiting around a single point: a Yellow Dwarf and a Blue Dwarf. Orbiting them are many planets, each with many moons. The Habitable Zone of the two stars is positively full of planets, each with moons, all with huge varieties of atmospheres, teeming with life and biomass. There are several asteroid belts, several varieties of gas giants, several rock debris fields that seem to be denser than an asteroid belt should be, comets, ice planets, lava planets, an iron planet, even a planet that seems to be entirely made out of diamond. This is obviously a constructed pocket universe, built for variety. Simultaneously, at parts separated by vast distances, ships appear.

Their experience is much the same: they are at the height of their readiness, and then the world turns black for a moment, and then, light; they are in this space. Whatever trick they may have used to try and sneak other capital-scale ships did not work. For those with only lightspeed sensors, they see only the stellar objects.

All of them, however, hear the same thing. On thousands of communications devices, and filtering into the minds of psychics and psionics and psykers and wyrds and mystics and sorcerers of all sorts, is a single, screaming message:

"WE ARE THE DALEKS. WE CARE NOT WHO YOU ARE. YOU WILL ALL BE EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATED!!"

Reaction to this, of course, is mixed.

-----------

<40k scene. If you know anything about 40k lore, that Gloriana is NOT supposed to be there. My idea here is to have a bit of a 'cheat'; as the Imperium is incapable of getting a Gloriana-class up to spec, the only derelict one the Imperium actually has will be arbitrarily made whole ("The systems are all online! The battle damage is gone!"). This would be the Red Tear of the Blood Angels. This also sets up the characters interestingly, which would be focused primarily on the Blood Angels and their successor chapters. Alas, Astartes aren't really all that interesting personality-wise, but Mephiston might be a bit more interesting with the psychic battles with the other heavyweights in the battle of thoughts that will inevitably take place.>

---------------

<Star Trek scene. The Enterprise NX, Enterprise, A, B, C, D, E, and F are all present. And Voyager. I would say that the Federation manages to get it's time-displaced forces to have a chain of command quite well. It's also a good place to have Vulcans do blatant exposition. I'd have Voyager be placed very late in the era, 2410, with Rear Admiral Tuvok taking overall command of the Federation and United Earth and Vulcan Confederation craft. There'd be some interesting banter with Kirk talking to Older Kirk and Picard talking to Older Picard. It's a good place for them to realize that they are copies, because none of the forward-time individuals show the events related to this taking place in their histories, but they see earlier captains. This is also the first group that tries to start transmitting universal translator technology and start a bit of a propaganda campaign (ie, by transmitting images and video and warnings about their dangerous enemies, in the hopes of causing allies of convenience against them). Probably, more of the older ships will be seen Warping around, saving ships that are about to be destroyed and depositing them on remote parts of the planets, to save lives, because that is what they do.>

<Point of View: Star Wars. Admiral Thrawn's perspective, where he immediately starts inferring things based on broadcasts, the shapes of their ships, their order of battle, and what physical laws they are operating under -- some of which his intelligence team don't immediately see, and yes he is sometimes wrong but the guesses are good, he has an actual talent at this. His intelligence team does include Force users, and he has to try and keep some of the hot-headed commanders from his own universe, which are in different timelines, in command, and he manages to barely keep command via charisma and bluff, and get a handle on some of the more shoot first elements from his universe, and some of the omnicidal groups -- which often are 'big ships with small fighters' too, often pirate based, which end up trying to steal things from these obvious big fish>

----------

<Point of view. Borg. They are rapidly identifying targets to assimilate, as high priority. They give their message, and start doing quite well against some small players.>

--------------

<Point of view. Daleks. They immediately take offense to the saucer ships on the field and blow the hell out of them. "NO ONE SHALL MOCK THE DALEK! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" They immediately dust the Independence Day City Destroyer, after tanking a direct hit from the main weapon. The V Mothership tries to flee, and fails. The Prawns mothership shoots at them, but is outmatched. Others start taking them seriously; a few groups try to get planet-destroyers aimed at them, which CAN usefully damage the Dalek ships, if they can get a shot off; they don't manage to, but some fools at some point does give out that they have a weapon that can shoot the range of the solar system, which causes a LOT of unwanted attention...>

---------------

<Point of view: Sonic the Hedgehog. This is Doctor Robotnik... meeting another version of Doctor Eggman, who get along swimmingly, and gripe about that damn blue hedgehog, and compliment each other's mustaches and sense of style, and trade stories about how they never liked the nickname Eggman, and the other one actually liked it, because some friends from college gave it to him before he had them ruthlessly roboticized. They are aware that they are probably outmatched by some on the field, but know that their fleet should not be underestimated

-------------

<Point of view. Mass Effect. Shepard in the SR-2 has had his AI immediately interpret the Federation language upgrade, and starts, with his allies, transmitting about the strengths and weaknesses of the Reapers, with a desperate search for others with dramatically different technology base than them, which the Reapers might be weak against [perhaps bigger focus on Directed Energy Weapons]. One of the 'carriers with swarms of fighters' groups comes. Perhaps an EVE faction? Maybe Freespace or Wing Commander? Maybe X3?

------------------

<Point of view. Gunbuster. Super Exelion. Tone is hardcore military sci fi, focus on the science, but with mucho, mucho power. It starts cleaning house against, oh, say, the Borg. Maybe Reapers. Big Obvious threats that they would use excessive force on. But they are probably weak to mental command.>

------------------

<Point of view. Mindspace. There's mental and psychic battles taking place on subjective space between a LOT of mind/magical power groups. I don't know who those should be, but this is where things should get really weird and mind powers don't quite synch up with one another exactly well...>

------------------

<Point of view. New Battlestar Galactica. The new, smart Cylons start hacking EVERYTHING in their close range that has terrible information security -- which is a LOT of things, because they know they are very weak -- and they should probably get something truly bizarre hacked, but don't really know what to do with it.. >

-----------------

<Point of View. Some cheeky, charismatic, snarky, well known hero in their ship, which is completely outmatched and they know it. They see Some Gundam or some other giant humanoid robot fly up to a battleship of some sort and punch through it with a rocket punch. The guy goes, "I have got to get me one of those!" in true hollywood fashion.>

----------------

<Point of View. StarCraft. Kerrigan is at the head of the Swarm. She has a quick conversation with Jim Raynor. Something along the lines of, "Jim, love. I am in this to win, to save our universe. Don't make me fight you... and keep your men out of my way!" And she immediately goes to assimilate bioships. She manages to actually save the starship troopers bugs from their local enemies through some sort of tactical genius, but it's only to ruthlessly assimilate them into the Zerg. Then she goes after Lexx... but she spares the mismatched crew of Lexx. She tactically outmanuevers the Crysis Ceph Mothership in a brutal battle, and assimilates it. She starts going after Moya, and John Chrighton tries to talk her down. Maybe he manages to with some sort of weird heroic charisma thing, that'd be awesome to see.>

-----------------

<Point of view: One of the Final Fantasy groups. This is an endgame Final Fantasy team, with all the drama appropriate to such. They end up fighting someone appropriate. I don't know, maybe Stargate baddies? They are great individual badasses with epic attacks, and this should seem like a final fantasy game.>

-----------------

<Point of view: Daleks. They notice that Time Lords are on the scene... and then realize that they aren't actually Time Lords. They are Gallifryean, before they were time lords, in a tactically inflexible ship, which they promptly annihilate, and start going to town on their local enemies>

-----------------

<Point of view: 40k. But not the main Imperial Navy and Astartes ships, which are engaged with Rak'Gol, Ork, Chaos, and Eldar Corsairs. Instead, we are looking at the secondary factions: The Mechanicum, who are attracted to whatever group of humans they see which builds humanoid giant robots (probably battletech or macross or, hilariously, maybe Doctor Eggman? And inevitable hilarious misunderstandings happen). Also, the Mechanicum is SCREAMING at the Astartes to not annihilate any unknown human-only ships, because any one of those ships could be STC, or some alternate universe's equivalent of the STC, and they must have all aspects of Human technology! Also, a funny scene where the Mechanicum actually RECOGNIZES the Event Horizon -- it's the first ship that traveled in the Warp... with insuficcient mass to do it safely, and before Gellar Fields were invented. Maybe it's right before their historic voyage, and there can be an interesting back and forth. "You mean our FTL drive... goes down in your history... as opening a portal to Hell?" Also, other 40k sub-factions of note: the Star Galleon? Is from a Rogue Trader of Rogue Traders. Take one of the famous internet ones that hilarious stories are written about, like this: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14169390/ or one of those epic internet stories. The shennanigans and the double and triple-crossing and the tales of debauchery and ornatedance (ornate ordinance) should know no limits!>

-----------------

<Point of view: Eldar, 40k. Uthwe has exactly two ships on the field... and a large number of seers, and eldar on psychic paths that have not been trod for thousands of years. They are hidden, desperately trying to find a situation where the Daleks don't sweep the field. They find a few possible keys: A few individuals with unfathomable luck, their souls shining brightly, like Captain Tylor and John-117... and there are a FEW ships with some temporal capabilities. The Protoss Mothership. The Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship (on loan to Starfleet...). A few others like that which might be useful. Some of the planet-busters, which would have to shoot at the Daleks simultaneously. And the Super Exelion, which is probably the highest end 'traditional blow stuff up' ship on the field, discounting the odd superweapon and star destabilizer. They realize that they aren't all dead because the Daleks want to kill things up close, because of their Hate, which is the only emotion they have.>

-----------------

<Point of view: Someone with a star destabilizing weapon. Someone sees destruction they are not ready for, panics, fires some sort of stellar torpedo or something, and has it and the torpedo incinerated by one of the bumbling fools or lucky characters. Ooorr where something highly improbably happens....>

-----------------

<Point of view: Heart of Gold, Hitchiker's Guide. Because they've activated the infinite improbability drive at this point, because they really don't want to die. They've taken this long to rig up the drive to affect probabilities outside the ship and cause weirdness to happen in a radius around the ship, which will be teleporting basically randomly around the battlefield, doing weird things to probability and causing bizzare things to happen from now on. With sometimes cuts to what they see immediately outside of their shielding from now on.>

--------------------

<Scene: Super dense asteroid field. A WHOLE LOT of unarmed ships are in here, mostly hiding, squabbling over hiding places, trying to not draw attention to themselves. Play this bit for comedy. "This is my asteroid!" "No, this is MY asteroid!" sorts of shenanigans>

-------------------

<Scene. Honorverse. While there are some ships that definitely they don't beat, they definitely outrange quite a few things on this list, many of which are hostile. Some fancy moves with Impeller Wedges are used, and death by a thousand cuts laser spam after they shoot all their missiles -- these ships are before the missile spam timeline.>

-------------------

<The sorta-deity, Walker of Sigma 957, babylon 5, tries to do some deity thing to the Daleks... who promptly scream at it and stop it with technology, of all things, disrupting it's ability to function in this timeline. It should still be, you know, really powerful, but as one of the 'very unknown' gods on the field, it should get pretty high priority.>

------------------

<A nova cannon from 40k obliterates the borg cube. Or a shot from Lexx. One of the big ones. Cause the borg ARE going to get stomped -- it's just a matter of who.>

-------------------

<Replicators start, uh, Replicating in the sidelines, trying to get their numbers up.

-----------------

<Xenogear's Durandal, with Kos-mos, is supposedly powerful. It does something powerful with that. I don't know anything about this.>

-----------------

<Star Trek's Voth City Ship is beaming smaller ships inside to try and take them apart for study. It beams up the WRONG ship, probably one of those with super powerful humanoid individuals that actually start punching things to death or doing something completely outside the context of what Voth think should be possible.>

---------------------

<One of the EVE factions is shooting the heck up the Keyship. The EVE faction is modelled on how EVE players actually behave and talk smack to one another and so forth. Do some comic relief here. They're less powerful than the Keyship, but more tactically versatile, and are taking heavy losses, but are disabling and doing effective battlefield control on it.>

---------------------
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Chimaera wrote:More along the lines of that being the starting point, leading into THE ultimate sci-fi crossover featuring dozens of franchises and hundreds of characters. Starcrossed writ large, baby.
Doing that probably would be a tremendous investment of time/energy for the author. You're basically talking about writing a novel (or series of novels) for free. You'd need a very motivated author with a fair amount of free time.

I mean, I think about trying to write and think that's way too ambitious to take on. But maybe I'm just lazy. :wink:

Also, this scenario is just ships, not specific characters, right? So would you create all new characters or alter the premise to include some of the canon characters? Either has pros and cons.
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Why wouldn't it be specific characters? The idea is to include as many canon characters as possible, for a massive crossover! Each with varying amounts of competing plot armor! =D
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That'd be the part where the OP doesn't mention any characters but is purely about the ships? You get to do anything you want in your fanfic. The scenario as currently presented in this thread is about the ships.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Well, um, I can't really edit the original post. I think this thing turns off edits after a few minutes?

I have mentioned a few edits in this thread. There might be others I've missed, but I will try to go over them:

Namely, some clarifications about 'out of range' meaning 'out of range of all but the longest range super-weapons placed in various different ships that can shoot across a solar system'

and

Some clarifications about things like ftl causing time travel and how that would work

and

that it is the exact amount of big ships seen in the image, though ships that are motherships include their complement

and

that some time manipulation, in small scale, is available

and yes, the entire point was that canon characters were possible? The polities crew the ships as best as they can, that's in the initial point? Why wouldn't they use canon characters, if that was their best?? Or if the canon character's crazy luck and plot armor conspires to put them at the helm of their ships?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Okay, so since we have a bunch of Federation ships, does that mean the Enterprise, Voyager, etc. crews are represented? Or, here's a thought, more than one Enterprise crew?

And best for the Empire means Thrawn might be in command, or if we exclude old EU stuff that's not in Disney's canon (which would probably remove some of the ships), maybe Vader.

And we'd get Honor Harrington and Theisman, probably, for that franchise (I believe it was mentioned by earlier in this thread that both Manticoran and Haven ships are present, which could make the initial contact even more volatile).

Also, would the Time Lord ship that was previously discussed have the Doctor on board, even though the TARDIS isn't included?
Gavinfoxx
Redshirt

Post by Gavinfoxx »

No, remember -- the best that the polity is presumably capable of reasonably putting together that is appropriate for the era.

So, for example, Star Trek:

Intrepid-Class: Voyager, under Rear Admiral Tuvok, from 2410
Odyssey-Class: Enterprise-F, under Captain Va'Kel Shon, from 2410
Sovereign-Class: Enterprise E, under Captain Picard, from 2385
Galaxy-Class: Enterprise D, under Captain Picard, from 2371
Ambassador-Class: Enterprise C, under Captain Garret, from 2343
Excelsior-Class: Enterprise B, under Captain Johnson, from 2328
Constitution Refit: Enterprise A, under Admiral Kirk, from 2286
Constitution: Enterprise, under Captain Kirk, from 2270
NX: Enterprise, under Captain Archer, from 2161

Now, few settings would have such detail as Star Trek, but the idea still stands. Take a polity from a specific time, have them do some buildup, and take the ship, fully equipped and fully crewed with the best they can manage, and place it near it's equivalents. Sometimes, include other weirdness to make such a thing possible. And no, the later timelines wouldn't show the history of the buildup in their histories from the earlier ones, leading some people to posit that maybe they are all copies.

And did Harrington ever captain one of those ships that were shown? If not, it is unlikely to expect her to be in one of those ships. If she DID, than maybe have her in HER ship, recently refitted, from the appropriate point in the timeline.

And since the TARDIS is not shown, the Doctor wouldn't be included. Further, that 'Time Lord' ship is plausibly not a TIME LORD ship... it's an obsolete, pre-Time War, pre-Time Lord ship, from before they were so awesome. That fired big chunks of metal at space vampires, and probably had some secondary traditional energy weapons.

Again, the point is 'what is plausible'? I am not specifying ALL of the details exactly because the point should be that some of these details should be, uh, fairly obvious from the setup?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Okay, looking at the story summary Gavinfoxx posted, I see some of my questions, at least, were already answered. My apologies.

I think having the Daleks win would be too dark an ending, so let's make sure we come up with an alternative.

Can Dalek shields stop the Force?

An alliance against them could work out as well. Who might join?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I think having the Daleks win would be too dark an ending, so let's make sure we come up with an alternative.
Given that the firepower of Super Exelion era Gunbuster is less "destroy a planet on purpose" and more "destroy a gas giant that happened to be somewhere near what you were shooting at" the Daleks can be stopped in this scenario.

Gunbuster Earth is one of the real high power 'verses, the kind that you don't fuck with unless you have strategic weaponised time travel (which is disallowed in this scenario).

They're also one of the factions that will go the furthest in the name of self preservation (in the end consuming 4/5 of the milky way in a supermassive black hole to wipe out the space monsters), so they will defend themselves from the more omnicidal factions, even if they're not necessarily aggressive.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

They're just lucky Buster Machine 7 isn't in this scenario really
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Well yes, but then 7 is both too small and too large to be on the comparison chart, so....