We have not forgotten human (40k idea)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

We have not forgotten human (40k idea)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Once we were your slaves, we have been free for thousands of years now, we mine ore and expand our numbers in secret, we now ask that which is our birthright Humans, we want to come to our Home, our birthplace, the red planet where we were made our iron minds crafted in your image. We the children of iron and silicon remember that which you have long forgotten,

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Re: We have not forgotten human (40k idea)

Post by Zinegata »

Is this about those Dark Age tech Iron Men?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

OK, Bear, where did you want to go with this?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
The Yosemite Bear

The Men of Iron make contact, and basically say, were still alive, (ok operating), were free, well help you with that pesky bug problem, all we want is for you to recognize the Machines as their own nation, just imagine a whole faction of Berzerker style spacecraft, supporting tanks, artillery, and all the tech that are more or less standard Sci-Fi (Particle eccerators, plasma that really works, armour designed for deflection, a design) At first the Nids would probably ignore them (not on the menu)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

It sounds reasonable except this IS the Imperium you're talking to here...
The Yosemite Bear

and of course one can not trust those souless machines....

Juubi Karakuchi
Jedi Knight

Post by Juubi Karakuchi »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:and of course one can not trust those souless machines....
Ah, but is it a 'soulless machine'? Or has it been infused with the sacred machine spirit?

Seriously, the Adeptus Mechanicus would be climbing all over eachother to get to them. The only question would be whether they want the Iron Men under control or whether they are willing to treat with them on something like equal terms. The Ad-Mech might have enough sense not to treat them like property, considering what happened the last time.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Juubi Karakuchi wrote:Ah, but is it a 'soulless machine'? Or has it been infused with the sacred machine spirit?
That sounds like heresy to me.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

That's the beliefs of the Adeptus Machanicum, and it skirts close to heresy, but I think it's reconciled by saying that the machine spirit=THE EMPEROR.

They would get purged. Doubly if they actually admit to being the Men of Iron. Maybe if a relatively sensible Inquisitor or Rogue Trader is the first to find them, there could be a temporary alliance - but in the long term they would be seen as a threat to the Imperium.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

evilsoup wrote:They would get purged.
Correction: They would try to purge them. In this scenario we're evidently talking about a functioning Iron Man society; chances are it's got full on Golden Age technological knowledge, or even improved beyond that point.

Where are you going with this Yos? Is this fanfic or a 'Rar?' :?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

And no doubt if they still have grievances with humankind, skyscrapers will be shat.
The Yosemite Bear

NecronLord wrote:
evilsoup wrote:They would get purged.
Correction: They would try to purge them. In this scenario we're evidently talking about a functioning Iron Man society; chances are it's got full on Golden Age technological knowledge, or even improved beyond that point.

Where are you going with this Yos? Is this fanfic or a 'Rar?' :?
actually been plotting an anti-nid rogue trader fic for about a year now called Ex-Machina, but this is more of a RAR

The central premise being we didn't fall to chaos, we were designed to be self aware, and were tired of being treated as slaves, we don't hate you your our parents, abusive parents, but your still our parents.

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Had it been humans asking for recognition as second state, the IoMs reaction would be simple: call a Crusade. Bombard them into the ground if need be.

Men of Iron? They will open with Exterminatus. Unless some very unorthodox/heretical techpriest is in command, but even then, once Mars hears of it, they will mobilize whatever many battlefleets they need to purge them.
The Reaper
Redshirt

Post by The Reaper »

AI isn't entirely Heresy in the Imperium, as long as they are verified to have a pure Machine Spirit they could very well be accepted. Things then go bad for the Imperium's enemies.

And then the Iron Men meet the Necrons...
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the Internet.

There is only WAAAAGGHHH!
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Iron without souls! Mechanical heresy!
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
The Yosemite Bear

The Reaper wrote:AI isn't entirely Heresy in the Imperium, as long as they are verified to have a pure Machine Spirit they could very well be accepted. Things then go bad for the Imperium's enemies.

And then the Iron Men meet the Necrons...
who do you probably tricked the human programmers into making AI aware enough to know how badly the humans were treating them in the first place thousands of years ago?

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:who do you probably tricked the human programmers into making AI aware enough to know how badly the humans were treating them in the first place thousands of years ago?
Harlequins? :P