Prometheus Trailer

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Prometheus Trailer

Post by Havok »

So I saw another trailer on Zune.

The Space Jockey or some other ancient civilization sends out some markers that make younger civilizations come to them, they then backtrack where they came from and then send out the Aliens to infest/conquer/destroy the world the space travelers come from to maintain dominance or exterminate stupid people or whatever.

It doesn't pique my interest anymore now that I have seen a little more characterization.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Wow, that's retarded. If they come across these civilizations while they're still primitive, while don't they just go out and kill them then?
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Or maybe the space jockeys want visitors, then the jerk humans decide to steal their tech, so the space jockeys are all "screw all y'all," and then decide to wipe out humanity for being jerks.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Not based on the trailer I saw.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Is it different from the second trailer that was recently released or the UK international one?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I dunno.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)