SDN-Stargate (RAR)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: SDN-Stargate (RAR)

Post by Ahriman238 »

PREDATOR490 wrote:Tria - No good, you dont know where it is, where it came from or where it is going since this Hypothetical has magically moved Earth to Q knows where.
If our Earth is where the old one is... the gate address is a direct roadmap to that location which ALL the Goa'uld know and can calculate the destination since Baal was capable of doing this. Ra's co-ordinates only become relevant if Earth is in a new location and if that is the case, the Tria will be headed for the old location making finding it even harder. Additionally, I think the good people of our planet are going to notice the stars have moved and changed with the new position causing it's own shitstorm.

It is pure fiat they were found in the first place and it's stupid to get them ANYWAY.
These are the pricks that kicked up a fuss and booted everyone off Atlantis because it belonged to them. Somehow I dont think they are going to be amicable to the idea of going on a holy crusade after getting their asses kicked by the Wraith. Nevermind the possibility they will take our ship because they rightfully see it as THEIR technology.
We know the Tria left the Pegasus Galaxy 10,000 years ago and have heading towards the Milky Way at .99 c ever since. We know they are at this time twelve years short of the mathematcially determined midpoint. That should be enough for the Asgard, anyways, and I'm sure we could narrow it down to a searchable area.

The Tria Ancients are assholes, granted. It's why we get Merlin (who is now out) and the Aurora Ancients first.
Counting on Ancients for help seems largely silly considering they have repeatedly been shown to adopt a policy of doing fuck all so why would they change that now ?
Ironically, the Ascended Ancients are the ones that have been seen more likely to help wether it be De-Ascended Merlin, Orin, Morgan, whats-her-face-that-fancied-Shepard and Oma.
I think you're confusing the tangible and ascended Ancients. Ascended Ancients do nothing even when their own lives are on the line, but hinder the people trying to help them. Physical Ancients almost never act effectively, but they do act.
Asgard - They MAY help us but there is CERTAINLY no gurantee of it. Thor liked Jack and they saw him as being 'awesome', interactions with other Asgard differ and even Thor himself admits some STILL had their resevations about humanity. Somehow I do not think the Asgard would look kindly on the notion of glassing our own homewold to make them comply with our demands like terrorists or actively aggressive actions throughout the galaxy. Even if it is for some perverted 'noble purpose'.
Who said anything about glassing their homeworld? Seems counterproductive. The Asgard are a basically noble bunch and we have solutions to at least one of the major threats to their existence. They will not immediatly trust us, but they will pay attention.
Cure for the Asgard disease - Certainly no indication in the entire series the Ancients had the ability to cure it so I find the idea we can magicallly do so presumptious at best.
My understanding of the cloning problem in a nutshell. The Asgard have acheived a form of immortality by continously downloading their minds into younger clone bodies. The trouble is that over the years tiny transcription errors are piling up that will eventually kill them, since I guess they didn't keep samples from their original bodies millenia ago. They have an ancient, preserved corpse of one of their own, from when they were a spacefaring race even, but they have evolved too much and the ancient Asgard doesn't have the brain capacity to house a modern Asgard mind. Hence, the study of humans as heirs to the Ancients, who managed to have far greater brain capacity than the Asgard without bulging skulls.

Tolan - Noone seems to have mentioned these guys yet, helping them would be an obvious way to score a decent ally although the pompus attitude is likely to grate any technology exchanges and they probably wont listen to reason about their lack of defences.
You are correct. No one has mentioned the Tollan, who are both technically inferior to our starting point in this scenario and more smug about their technology than even the Ancients. I cannot think of a way to help the Tollan that they would accept, and they have never shown any indications of doing more for the enslaved galaxy at large than hide behind their Ion Cannons.
Tok'ra - So... whos gonna volunteer to be a host for Selmac to earn their trust ?
Nevermind, the potential for them to screw us to serve their own ends is pretty high or infiltration leading to the Goa'uld going after Earth
Worth getting those super-gauntlet things for research though.
I doubt the armbands are quite worth the side-effects. If we save Egeria we probably won't have to offer up a host, though if its Selmak I may volunteer. We can also offer tham the same deal SG-1 did, offering mortally ill people the chance to live as a Tok'ra host.
Asurans - No option except wiping them out, all it takes is for one of them to probe us or someone to even HINT we arent Ancients and everyone gets completely boned.
I concur.
Itaro Generator - Leaving aside the hostility of the Asgard, using this thing brings up monumental problems. Stargate travel in the galaxy is effectively destroyed, anyone dialing those gates get nuked. It MAY take out a chunk of Wraith initially but if the Wraith are even remotely competent they will try to fiddle with their FTL so it dosent get affected or hole up and wait. Unless you intend to keep the generator running for decades / centuries a Wraith could easily hibernate through the process and going from planet to planet in ships would take just as long.
Which is why I specified duplicating the work of an SGC scientist who created a computer virus that shut down the entire gate network. Plus, the Wraith have a sort of locator beacon showing where their ships are, if we capture a transceiver (turns out every Dart has one) or just find the frequency we take all the guesswork out of hunting the trapped Wraith.

Similar deal in the Milky Way, except in this case its been a secret project of the Tok'ra to tag every Goa'uld ship for over a thousand years, and is one of their most closely guarded secrets.
Attacking the Goa'uld - SG-1 did this and it took them over a decade to go through this task and it lead to problems like the Free-Jaffa and the rise of Lucian Alliance. One would expect other empires and forces to emerge when the Goa'uld get hammered sufficiently which could lead to a whole host of unforseen issues. If SDN causes a shitstorm or comes off the wrong way... we potentially get painted as bad guys like Atlantis infront of a kangaroo court.
Alternatively, the Goa'uld band together against the common threat or one Goa'uld emerges as a dominant force the rest fall behind. Resulting in us fighting a unified Goa'uld force which would be EXTREMELY bad.
There are ways around that. Primarily we could continue the Tok'ra policy of playing the Goa'uld against each other. Hit a shipyard in system X, leave evidence that the attack was the work of System Lord Yu. They may not buy it, but their immediate reaction won't be 'we have a powerful new enemy' but 'so which other Goa'uld attacked me and tried to frame this one?'
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Ahriman238 wrote:
PREDATOR490 wrote: Tria - No good, you dont know where it is, where it came from or where it is going since this Hypothetical has magically moved Earth to Q knows where.
If our Earth is where the old one is... the gate address is a direct roadmap to that location which ALL the Goa'uld know and can calculate the destination since Baal was capable of doing this. Ra's co-ordinates only become relevant if Earth is in a new location and if that is the case, the Tria will be headed for the old location making finding it even harder. Additionally, I think the good people of our planet are going to notice the stars have moved and changed with the new position causing it's own shitstorm.

It is pure fiat they were found in the first place and it's stupid to get them ANYWAY.
These are the pricks that kicked up a fuss and booted everyone off Atlantis because it belonged to them. Somehow I dont think they are going to be amicable to the idea of going on a holy crusade after getting their asses kicked by the Wraith. Nevermind the possibility they will take our ship because they rightfully see it as THEIR technology.
We know the Tria left the Pegasus Galaxy 10,000 years ago and have heading towards the Milky Way at .99 c ever since. We know they are at this time twelve years short of the mathematcially determined midpoint. That should be enough for the Asgard, anyways, and I'm sure we could narrow it down to a searchable area.

The Tria Ancients are assholes, granted. It's why we get Merlin (who is now out) and the Aurora Ancients first.
No ball, Merlin is still Ascended: OP moved the goalposts on that one and removed the Ori as well
Without the Ori involved I do not see the Ancients Ascended or otherwise giving a shit about the petty concerns of anyone else.

'Searchable area' would be MASSIVE. Notice how screwed Atlantis was when it got 'lost' even though they should know speed and heading. Your proposing the same thing when we do NOT know the actual heading of the Tria. Additionally we dont have ANY idea where the midway station was actually constructed. so it's not like you can backtrack 12 years from that point.

The Tria is effectively lost to anyone except blind chance, I doubt the Asgard are going to commit their entire fleet to looking for a single ship and will be unable to do so for a considerable amount of time while dealing with the Replicators, Goa'uld, Wraith, Lucian Alliance, Lost Tribe nevermind their own concerns.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Counting on Ancients for help seems largely silly considering they have repeatedly been shown to adopt a policy of doing fuck all so why would they change that now ?
Ironically, the Ascended Ancients are the ones that have been seen more likely to help wether it be De-Ascended Merlin, Orin, Morgan, whats-her-face-that-fancied-Shepard and Oma.
I think you're confusing the tangible and ascended Ancients. Ascended Ancients do nothing even when their own lives are on the line, but hinder the people trying to help them. Physical Ancients almost never act effectively, but they do act.
None of the Physical Ancients you have identified are the ones to act.
Tria: Will go reclusive and tell everyone to fuck off while taking back their toys
Merlin: Not here
Actually... there are no other Physical Ancients around
The one on Earth stuck in the ice - Not our Earth so shes a gonner and carries a plague
The ones stuck in hibernation - They are dead and I see no indication of the ability to fix them. Let alone the obvious assumption they are going to act any differently than the crew of the Tria when released.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Asgard - They MAY help us but there is CERTAINLY no gurantee of it. Thor liked Jack and they saw him as being 'awesome', interactions with other Asgard differ and even Thor himself admits some STILL had their resevations about humanity. Somehow I do not think the Asgard would look kindly on the notion of glassing our own homewold to make them comply with our demands like terrorists or actively aggressive actions throughout the galaxy. Even if it is for some perverted 'noble purpose'.
Who said anything about glassing their homeworld? Seems counterproductive. The Asgard are a basically noble bunch and we have solutions to at least one of the major threats to their existence. They will not immediatly trust us, but they will pay attention.
Cesario wants to park the ship over the White House to terrorise the population into obeying our rule which would obviously lead to military action. Even if the ship cannot be damaged I think 'Taking a nuke to the face' over the White House is going to cause significant damage to the planet. The Asgard will not look kindly on humans reacting to advanced technology this way either as us abusing it or the planet lashing out in fear.

I may like the Asgard but generalising them into being 'noble' is foolish when Asgard exist like Loki or the Lost Ones. It was their nobility that made them commit mass suicide and I could easily see that nobility turned against us.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Cure for the Asgard disease - Certainly no indication in the entire series the Ancients had the ability to cure it so I find the idea we can magicallly do so presumptious at best.
My understanding of the cloning problem in a nutshell. The Asgard have acheived a form of immortality by continously downloading their minds into younger clone bodies. The trouble is that over the years tiny transcription errors are piling up that will eventually kill them, since I guess they didn't keep samples from their original bodies millenia ago. They have an ancient, preserved corpse of one of their own, from when they were a spacefaring race even, but they have evolved too much and the ancient Asgard doesn't have the brain capacity to house a modern Asgard mind. Hence, the study of humans as heirs to the Ancients, who managed to have far greater brain capacity than the Asgard without bulging skulls.
None of this explains how you expect us to be able to cure the Asgard problem.
They cannot Ascend, they dont have access to Ancient Asgards and the only one they do seemingly find didnt save them.
Somehow we are going to achieve what the Asgard failed to do for decades when they would OBVIOUSLY have a greater understanding of their problem than we do.

It has been hinted the Asgard have actually surpassed the Ancients in areas like weaponary (Obliterating Ori and Asuran ships alike), propulsion (Zipping between galaxies in days / week) and power generation so appealing to the fact the Ancients MUST be smarter than everyone else is an extremely shaky presumption.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Tolan - Noone seems to have mentioned these guys yet, helping them would be an obvious way to score a decent ally although the pompus attitude is likely to grate any technology exchanges and they probably wont listen to reason about their lack of defences.
You are correct. No one has mentioned the Tollan, who are both technically inferior to our starting point in this scenario and more smug about their technology than even the Ancients. I cannot think of a way to help the Tollan that they would accept, and they have never shown any indications of doing more for the enslaved galaxy at large than hide behind their Ion Cannons.
Inferior to our starting point - They have access to an industrial base that can produce space cannons and phase-shifting nukes.
We have access to a ship that has 100 drones that cant be fired without making the ship vulnerable and unknown energy weapons.

Helping the Tollan that are going to die on the planet would be a good way to look benevolent and get some good will. In theory the Tollan were only iffy about trading their technology with a race that are LESS advanced than their own. They should be more amicable to trade with equals or superiors in intelligence / technology.
Getting that phase shifting tech and even the Ion Cannons would be a monumental boon and achievement.

The latter can still one-shot Goa'uld ships and without Anubis's Ascended shield modifications they cant adapt. Even if they do... get some phase-shifting nukes to use against space or ground targets and your set. Earth will need defences at some point and the Tollans can potentially provide those defences since our planet wont have an Ancient chair platform.

Additonally, Merlin's Phase Cloak is lost to us along with anything on the 'old Earth'
I.E Hathor, Ancient Healing device, Goa'uld Sarcophagus, Goa'uld spaceship, Merlin's treasure trove.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Tok'ra - So... whos gonna volunteer to be a host for Selmac to earn their trust ?
Nevermind, the potential for them to screw us to serve their own ends is pretty high or infiltration leading to the Goa'uld going after Earth
Worth getting those super-gauntlet things for research though.
I doubt the armbands are quite worth the side-effects. If we save Egeria we probably won't have to offer up a host, though if its Selmak I may volunteer. We can also offer tham the same deal SG-1 did, offering mortally ill people the chance to live as a Tok'ra host.
Side Effects ? - They make you super-strong and super-fast for a limited period of time then fall off putting you back to normal. Study of these things to either increase their duration, allow repeated use or enhance their effect would be extremely beneficial. SG-1 effectively demonstrated how these things can be used to turn four people into a force capable of blitzing a Goa'uld stronghold with ease.

The domestic benefits would be quite handy too... suddenly people can do heavy labour work greater and faster than normal. If you plan on 'upgrading' Earth into a new age of technology that requires new factories, resource gathering and trained workers then these gauntlets would increase the pace.

Volunteering alone isnt enough, Selmak has to like you enough to accept.
Additionally, your potentially handing over Ancient knowledge TOO Selmak PLUS all the information that person has. Selmak now knows none of us are actual Ancients and has access to the same information we have about the Stargate Universe. The upside is Selmak is certainly one of the best Tok'ra around but there is no way to know how he will react to the information he gains.
I could easily see the Tok'ra going apeshit when they realise we are all a bunch of folks given our power by a joker diety who post on a forum and our information is attained through a DVD. Really... all the Tok'ra have to do is pick up the Stargate Collection from Earth and play it to get the same future information we do and they wont need us much.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Itaro Generator - Leaving aside the hostility of the Asgard, using this thing brings up monumental problems. Stargate travel in the galaxy is effectively destroyed, anyone dialing those gates get nuked. It MAY take out a chunk of Wraith initially but if the Wraith are even remotely competent they will try to fiddle with their FTL so it dosent get affected or hole up and wait. Unless you intend to keep the generator running for decades / centuries a Wraith could easily hibernate through the process and going from planet to planet in ships would take just as long.
Which is why I specified duplicating the work of an SGC scientist who created a computer virus that shut down the entire gate network. Plus, the Wraith have a sort of locator beacon showing where their ships are, if we capture a transceiver (turns out every Dart has one) or just find the frequency we take all the guesswork out of hunting the trapped Wraith.

Similar deal in the Milky Way, except in this case its been a secret project of the Tok'ra to tag every Goa'uld ship for over a thousand years, and is one of their most closely guarded secrets.
The Wraith go around in more than hive ships so even if you got them all the Wraith will still survive.
Using Avenger 2.0 is going to cause a massive shitstorm since you have effectively screwed the entire galaxy using the Stargate and if the Wraith develop a countermeasure to either the Itaro device or Avenger things will go to shit.

Ironically, the means to destroy Stargates and the Wraith lie in the Milky Way.
Anubis has that Ancient Gate-Buster which would seem to be a targeted version of the Itaro device on gates
Dakara can potentially be configured to exterminate Wraith from the galaxy, planet by planet

The two of them combined would be a far more effective means of destroying the Wraith and any other enemy stronghold... like the Asurans.
The Itaro device would be better if it can be localised into an interdictor platform so a ship can zip in, blockade the system, exterminate the Wraith and then leave.
Ahriman238 wrote:
Attacking the Goa'uld - SG-1 did this and it took them over a decade to go through this task and it lead to problems like the Free-Jaffa and the rise of Lucian Alliance. One would expect other empires and forces to emerge when the Goa'uld get hammered sufficiently which could lead to a whole host of unforseen issues. If SDN causes a shitstorm or comes off the wrong way... we potentially get painted as bad guys like Atlantis infront of a kangaroo court.
Alternatively, the Goa'uld band together against the common threat or one Goa'uld emerges as a dominant force the rest fall behind. Resulting in us fighting a unified Goa'uld force which would be EXTREMELY bad.
There are ways around that. Primarily we could continue the Tok'ra policy of playing the Goa'uld against each other. Hit a shipyard in system X, leave evidence that the attack was the work of System Lord Yu. They may not buy it, but their immediate reaction won't be 'we have a powerful new enemy' but 'so which other Goa'uld attacked me and tried to frame this one?'
These Goa'uld are supposedly smarter than their actual counterparts and the bigger this operation becomes the chances of detection become higher. It would only take survivors, transmissions or logs for the Goa'uld to become alerted to a new force operating in the area. The starting ship has a shitty situation to begin with which makes using it for aggressive combat actions foolish.

The majority of future knowledge of Stargate will quickly evaporate once significant changes are made since the reactions will be entirely different from the ones we have observed. At best we can use the basic factual information like locations of weapons, races that have specific technologies etc. but beyond that we are winging it like anyone else. Thus the initial arrival and actions are going to be the most crucial and effectively determine the outcome of the entire universe.
I would hardly be surprised if 1400 people getting transported onto an alien ship and brain zapped with Ancient Knowledge is going to result in a mess that takes WAAAAAY longer than one week to resolve which causes us to miss the window on nailing Ra.

If folks want to go and play hero by Nuking Ra and single-ship attacking the Goa'uld... have at it.
I will be jumping ship to get that Time Travel Puddle Jumper and Reality Mirror. Between the two of them I can fuck off to the ass end of nowhere in a reality that is awesome and become the Scottish incarnation of Doctor Who... that isnt Tennant... which would be ironic since Tennant comes from the Town over from me... but yeah...

Although I am curious how my 'profession' / 'Like' will translate into my 'Ancient' Upgrade - What kind of Ancient knowledge does an Administrator get ?
Cesario
Subhuman Pedophilia Advocate

Post by Cesario »

You've misunderstood my position with regards to the governments of earth. I have no intention of glassing the planet and have no idea where you got that from.

I intend to hover over the white house for long enough to get noticed by the media, not long enough to get shot by a nuke. We relocate somewhere safe but civilian-observable after that point. The idea is to make sure the people of Earth know what the score is and what's at stake, not to murder them all or threaten them into accepting us as their overlords.

From there we tell earth exactly what Q just did, give them the chance to help us with this if they can get their shit together and not let their petty intra-planetary infighting screw the entire earth over. I'm not going to hand over the ship or its technology to any one nation, because that will lead to every other nation blitzing to destroy that nation. We don't need another world war triggered by giving only one country access to our tech.

If they agree, we send down engineers and scientific experts to help the planet get started on a massive upteching to put the Industrial Revolution to shame while the necessary crew for our ship continues to try to contact allies and pass on information to the more noble and reasonable races.

If they don't agree, we take the Stargate away to protect them from the Goa'uld and take off to do the job ourselves. We come back every year or so to repeat the offer and give updates on the situation. Maybe leave some of our people secretly on-planet so if our ship gets destroyed, someone will be around to hand over ancient knowledge to Earth when they get their shit together.
Chirios
Jedi Knight

Post by Chirios »

Cesario wrote:You've misunderstood my position with regards to the governments of earth. I have no intention of glassing the planet and have no idea where you got that from.

I intend to hover over the white house for long enough to get noticed by the media, not long enough to get shot by a nuke. We relocate somewhere safe but civilian-observable after that point. The idea is to make sure the people of Earth know what the score is and what's at stake, not to murder them all or threaten them into accepting us as their overlords.

From there we tell earth exactly what Q just did, give them the chance to help us with this if they can get their shit together and not let their petty intra-planetary infighting screw the entire earth over. I'm not going to hand over the ship or its technology to any one nation, because that will lead to every other nation blitzing to destroy that nation. We don't need another world war triggered by giving only one country access to our tech.

If they agree, we send down engineers and scientific experts to help the planet get started on a massive upteching to put the Industrial Revolution to shame while the necessary crew for our ship continues to try to contact allies and pass on information to the more noble and reasonable races.

If they don't agree, we take the Stargate away to protect them from the Goa'uld and take off to do the job ourselves. We come back every year or so to repeat the offer and give updates on the situation. Maybe leave some of our people secretly on-planet so if our ship gets destroyed, someone will be around to hand over ancient knowledge to Earth when they get their shit together.
Do we really need to hover? From what I remember Aurora class ships have ring technology. Just beam down into the mural room, explain whagwarn to the President and if the CIA or whoever try and kidnap you just beam back up again. Rinse and repeat until you've spoken to every technologically advanced civilisation on Earth.
Cesario

Post by Cesario »

I like hovering.

Also, I don't just want the global elite to know about this. The people of the Earth deserve to know that an omnipotent imp just did this, and what may be coming down the pipe if they don't get their act together.
Forgothrax
Padawan Learner

Post by Forgothrax »

If you want this to be public knowledge, you're best off using a cloaked Jumper to go visit CNN headquarters or the like, then breaking a massive story in conjunction with them. Or, hell, find a newscrew somewhere and decloak the Jumper in front of them. That will, guaranteed, make sure that you're listened to. No need to threaten the first superpower of Earth by hovering a battleship over the living quarters of their head of state.
Cesario

Post by Cesario »

What news crew could possibly break a story that big with such a small ship as evidence? We've got an extraordinary claim we're making here. We need extraordinary proof. I'm not sure the puddlejumper is going to do the job of convincing the people who can't witness it firsthand, no matter what news crew tells them it's legit.

With our larger ship, however, we can go someplace visible. Doesn't have to be the white house. Just a convenient landmark that we know there are always cameras pointed at. Then we saunter off to a place in low orbit where anyone with a telescope can see the obvious alien spaceship for themselves.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

What dont you understand about THIS WILL CAUSE A MASS PANIC ?

We live in a world where films have shown aliens as being bad guys and you want to DUPLICATE Independance Day by dropping a massive ship over a city. The funny thing is Independance Day had a news report cautioning folks to not start shooting their firearms at the ships. Something which I think accurately reflects what could easily happen. People do not react intelligently when they are scared and I think dropping a massive spaceship on top of their heads is going to scare a lot of people. Wether it be violence directed at the actual ship in the form of people pulling out firearms or the more devestating outcome of folks turning on one another. I.E Rioting, mass evactuations of the area around the ship, looting and the local authorities getting overwhelmed trying to control the situation.

The end result is you have made a shitstorm and casulties are VERY likely to occur which will be blamed on US. Especially since this stunt is going to be seen as a military display of dominance with an IMPLIED threat. You dont even have to say anything for folks to see hovering above the Capital being an act of aggression.
Keeping the Stargate Program secret may have grown increasingly tiresome and unrealistic over the series but there are valid reasons why it has to be handled with extreme care.

Do you go into superhero films and wonder why they need secret identities rather than just tell everyone who they really are ?
The puddle jumper stunt in front of a camera crew would be just as bad since your basing your ENTIRE revelation on the hope the reaction will be favourable. Strangely enough, I dont think an alien ship magically appearing out of nowhere bearing down on a newscrew will get a good outcome.
A) Give a report that is screaming / panicing
B) They scream, run and then the feed gets cut.

I'm sure watching a folks on TV scared shitless by an unknown aircraft suddenly get cut off isnt going to be omnious at all.

If you are hellbent on exposing the population it will be FAR more effective to do it with SUPPORT from the leaders of the world than to hand them a shitstorm and then saying 'Deal with it'.
You diplomatically go to the leaders of the world and get them into someplace where you can brief them all at once. I.E Full Disclosure
When they ask for proof you provide it to them until it sinks in THEN you go about drilling the finer details of the situation into their heads.

Seriously, if the SDN ship is supposed to be saving the galaxy and doing all this shit like helping the Asgard, Ancients, Atlantis, Wraith, Asurans and the like... that could EASILY take decades of solid work without even going NEAR Earth much.
Thus, you can give the leaders of Earth a mandate to prepare the planet for the revelation and then LEAVE to do all this stuff. Come back between bouts to check on the progress and help where required.

Anyone who thinks Earth is going to be building Ion Cannons or drone platforms within a decade is kidding themselves. It could EASILY take just that long for Earth just to be prepared for the revelation let alone the time it will take for people to accept what is going on and eventually get on with the tasks of moving onto a new age.

Right now unemployment is through the roof and folks are protesting like mad at their leaderships... you want to go and drop a bomb like 'Stargate and Star Trek are real, Aliens exist, Bad Aliens are coming to kill you.'

I think Farscape handled this kind of revelation rather well in the reactions that would occur. Suits were telling Crighton his notions of 'working' together were naive and trying to make him conform to what they wanted. The upside is that 1400 people on a ship can have a lot more networking ties across the globe to spread the message of global unification but the natural establishments are going to resist those attempts.
Silvertongue
Redshirt

Post by Silvertongue »

I'm going to make a list here, just to be sure we're clear.
We have
1: Aurora Class Battleship
2. 10 years of fuel
3. 100 shipboard drones
4. 8 Puddle jumpers, each with 12 drones
5. Extra Plasma Cannons as a non standard modification
6. One (1) Earth based stargate only. The one Ra brought.
7. The nazi DHD
8. Stargate DVDs with visible addresses.
9. Skill set equivalent to the Atlantis expedition
10. Actors who are perfect duplicates of system lords, Jaffa, and Tok'ra.
11. Props identical to Goa'uld devices, weapons, uniforms, armor, head things, etc.
12. Aliens that may speak English.
13. Somewhere in the solar system, Martins ship is hidden, or will be.

What we don't have
1. No Antarctic Base.
2. No Antarctic Stargate.
3. No Antarctic Control Chair.
4. No Crystal Skull or "GIANT ALIENSSSS".
5. No Hathor.
6. No Sarcophigus from Hathors prison/tomb
7. No Isis Jar.
8. No Cult of Seth.
9. No Telchak Device to make a drug lord zombie army.
10. No Orlin Toaster Gate without Samantha Carters stalker.
11: There is no Merlin stash in Glastunbury Tor, no Aurthurs Mantle phasing device.

List of possible Useful addresses I can see from the DVDs

Abydos: Home of Ras Cartouch address book. Might be a nice place to visit. Can't be All desert, can it?
P3X-513 AKA Anvil. Planet has a sample radiation shield we could look at if we need to, and a mine with something useful to Goa'uld. Might be good technology to relocate the space gingers too.
P3X-774, AKA Gaia home of the NOX. The space hippies might be useful, for something. Maybe a nice place for R&R.
P3X-974 or was it P3X-794? AKA Cimmeria. Planet has a useful Gould detection/removal device.
P3X-972 AKA Heliopolis. Only a partial gate address, but the last 4 digits were found by random dialing without a DHD. The planet is a useful place to put a base. It's completely off the Goulds radar, and has the massive library. I'm only incuding this partial address because of how easily it was found.
P3X-??? AKA Chulak. Bre-tac and Teal'c live here, and they will be valuable intelligence assets.
P8X-987 AKA Hanka. Niirti has a secret underground genetics lab.
P3X-7763 AKA Tollana, Original planet of the Tollans. They might respect a race showing up with an aurora class ship. We don't even have to be nice to them. We could simply pick over the dead planet once their gone, and steal the gate too. Sure, it's hard to fly with all the ash, but we could put up a little forcefield, blow the dust out with leaf blowers, and pick it over.
P3X-989 AKA Altair. Home of the robot duplicates. Instant doubling of labor pool. Also soldiers who the Goa'uld cannot infect.
PX7-941 AKA Madrona, the touchstone might be something interesting to study.
PY3-948 The crypt of the Linvris. There is a Gould killing device here.
PSX?? AKA Orban. A high tech race. Gave SG earth Naquada reactors.
P5-768 AKA Edora. Has Naquada mines. First move the damn gate.
Euronda: Send the space Nazis a nice gift. The exploding kind. Or just wait until the breeders drive them away, and pick over the ruins.
P4X-639. A nifty time travel device. Probably a good idea to stop Malakai from screwing things up.
P3X-888 Goauld Homeworld. Catch a few for experiments.
P4X-636 AKA Velona. There might be the Weapon here that Orlin destroyed.
P2X-338. Contains Sarcophagus with Marduk inside.
P2A-018 AKA Latona. Take a look at how the sentinel works.
P2S-4C3 AKA Langara. Has naquadria
Pangar: Where the Tok'Ra queen is in stasis. Also, Zeppelin rides.
Hebridan: Home of the Serrikans. Trade partner.
Arkhan's World : A goddamn time traveling puddle zumper with a warhead. Once you have this device, it is possible to find a ZPM buried in egypt.
Dakara: Because of the goddamn super weapon.
Proclarush: ZPM there.
M7G-677: ZPM. relocate the kids.
Dagan: ZPM
Galar: Trade partners. Instant training memory implantation technology.
PX1-767: AKA Camelot. Bunch of Merlins stuff.
P9G-844: Sodan invisibility devices.
Hala: Asgard Colony
Taranis: Has an old beatup Aurora.
Lord Protector's Planet: Lots of drones
Lantea: Has a small ancient artifact known as Atlantis. Best reached by ship. Save the ZPM.

Addresses we Don't have.
P3R-233, the planet with the quantum mirror.
P3R-636 AKA Terrella. Location of a Naquada mine, and a working sarcophigas.
PXY-887 Where there are large deposits of Trinium, guarded by assholes who can't simply send a letter.
P3R-272: The suppository of Knowledge. We have to find this place if we aim to defeat the replicators.
Machello's Secret Lab?
P4X-884, the planet or Urgo. Might have useful tech, or just be a nice place to visit. First, send through a bunch of slutty MTV realworld candidates to appease Urgo.

Hope this helps. I;m sure I left out a few major things.
Silvertongue
Redshirt

Post by Silvertongue »

Alright. A few hours with no objections? Really?
Here's my strategy.

0. Make more SDN posts so I can be in the crew. :mrgreen:

1. Recover Ra's Gate, and the Nazi DHD. Drop them on the moon. This way, you can only enter and exit via puddle jumper, or similar enclosed craft.
1a. This will protect earth from Gate exploding weapons
1b. In case we fail, Earth still has a chance to take over from us, as soon it gets it act together, and establishes a real space program again.
1c. Random Gauld, like a curious Apophis walking through will get a fun suprise.
1d. We could even put it under a forcefield to hold in air, and keep our radiation. This way we could still use the moon for walking tours, without endangering the Earth.
1e. We'll have to blast the area around the moon gate with microwaves to keep the dust down. Shits itchy and bad for lungs.
1f. Robot doubles won't even need the forcefield in place.

2. Now we need some guns and supplies.
2a. There is an Armory on the Aurora with those stupid little stun daggers.
2b. Make money on earth from Billgates, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos and other wealthy geeks by selling spaceship rides. We might even through in a few freebees to get on their good side.
2d. Hire Blackwater and other Mercenaries. They come with guns and special training. Offer use of a sarcophagus. This saves them millions on long term medical costs. (We transport their frozen dead and wounded to our facility, they don't get to control it).
2e. Buy Guns from the Serakins and Hebridans. In fact the Serakins/Hebridan are the best bet for a long term trading partner. We know the address, and we can trade knowledge for LOTS of guns. They also fought the Goa'uld themselves, and have no love.
2f. Armor a couple skid steer loaders. Nothing says WTF! then Ringing up a couple armored/sheilded mini killdozers into a hatak and letting loose with flamethrowers and heavy machine guns.

3. We have only one week to prepare for killing Ra.
2a. Zip to Abydos, copy the Cartouch down immediately.
2b. Acquire Guns, Money, and Lawyers. See section 2.
2c. We can kill him with a cloaked puddle jumper and a drone, if the Cheops is anything like a Hatak.
2d. Of course, Ra once possessed an Asgard, so his ship might have better shields and detection equipment.
2e. Luckily, we have an Aurora, So If he detects the jumpers, the Aurora can rush in and pound him from orbit.
2f. We can force his ship to crash, Simply ring up a few tones of Ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder on a short fuse during the landing sequence, with not enough time to react.

3. I personally, want to grab his Cheops space ship. Damn things got a porch. Classy.
3b. Fortunately, Goa'uld technology is vulnerable to EMPs. Ancient Tech is not so vulnerable to EMP. Carburetors and machine guns are also not vulnerable to EMP.
3c. We can build a powerful EMP from Death Glider parts, very very quickly. We can obtain the parts by raiding a Goa'uld faculty, attacking a patrol, or possibly by using parts from the Needle threader hidden by Bra-Tac a hundred years prior. We'll want to recruit Bra-tac anyway.
3d. We can ring up the mini Killdozers, and a squad while the Horus Head Guards are ringing down the first time.
3e. Once the ring room is secure, detonate the EMP.
3f. Fly the Jumpers into the death glider bays, and offload more squads to prevent escape.
3g. Fly at least one Jumper up to the porch on top. Stun and rescue the children and other slaves with lantan stun guns from the Aurora armory.
3h. Flood compartments with asphyxiating gas. Drill holes in doors, and pump gas through holes.
3I. After the battle, Freeze all the bodies for preservation. Resurrect anyone you want alive with the Sarcophagi. (Ras, and Marduks)

4. So what do we do with Ra?
4c. We could remove the Goa'uld and hope the host retains Ras memories, and is willing to work with us.
4a. We could have Jaye Davidson impersonate Ra. Possibly De-Age them a little with the sarcophigas.
4b. We might even try to give our fake Ras a Tok'Ra host to make the act more realistic.

5, What to do with the Cheops?
5a. Defend Earth. The Aurora is faster for projecting power, the puddle jumpers are stealthier.
5b. It probably has data on board we can use.
5c. Land it at Giza for shits and giggles.
6c. Remove the Ring platform from the Pyramid. Mount it near the moonbase.
7c. Use the Cheops to transport the Stargate. Any Anubis superweapon attacks on the stargate are voided. Besides, it's not like they need it anyway. Drop the Gate on Mars.

6. What to do with the Smaller vessels inside the Cheops.
6a. We don't know if we have an Alkesh, but we do have death Gliders.
6b. Start the 302 project.
6c. Give these shitty fighters a good 3C system, missiles, and remove the megalomaniac voiced anti-traitor devices.
6d. Any Alkesh will be used for covert raids.
7e. A ring platform could be removed from one, and placed on earth. Use to transport to and from the SDN moonbase.

7. Look for Heliopolis.
7a. With two stargates, one on the Moon, and one on Mars, we can quickly brute force the Heliopolis dialing sequence.
7b. Once on Heliopolis, send through a team to secure the library, shore up the building, and explore the surrounding area.
7c. The team will remove the stargate from the building, and move it outside so the planet is accessible by puddle jumper.
7d. An iris will be installed.
7e. A puddle jumper will be used to map the planet.

8. Contact the Tollans.
8a. If we contact the Tollans early enough, perticularly before with big cataclysm, they were at that point much more willing to share technology, like unlimited energy and ion canons. Though I do suspect someone may have actually planned on killing off the Seritans.
8b. We can't doom an entire civilization just because Omac is a dickhead.
8c. Have the Tollans settle on Heliopolis. We'll use the library as our Embassy.
8d. The Tollans new planet, Tollana, was found accidentally by Klorel, and later wiped out by Anubis.
8e. Giving the Tollans a new Homeworld near Earth will make mutual protection easier.
8f. After the Tollans have evacuated the planet Tollan, clandestinely pick over the ruins for technology.
8g. Instead of burying the stupid gate, load it on a starship and take it somewhere useful. For instance, A moon of jupiter, or a large asteroid in Sol system. You could also establish an Alpha site with it.
8h. Now that the Tollans are somewhere other than Tollana, you can establish a mining colony on Tollana, and mine for Trinium. If Klorel Crashlands there, simply remove the Goa'uld, or blow his brains out. Kill Niirti with an Ion Cannon.

9. Establish Trade: Note: For trade to work, we only need a comparative advantage. Primitive worlds can still supply things like food, labor, call centers, raw materials, R&R, etc.
Serikan/Hebridians
Orban - Higher Tech level to earth. Have Naquada reactors,but no idea how to run a public school.
Gala- Similar tech to earth but also have with super mind uploading/downloading training equipment
Edora - Naquada mines
Altair - Robot duplicates
Latona - Primitive world protected by a superweapon.
Langara- Nawuadria
Hala - Mead

10. Grab the ZPMs
10a. Proclurash has one.
10b. Look for the time machine on Arkans world. If it's not there, then you know what's going to happen as soon as you get to Atlantis. If you DO find a time machine there, head back to Earth, and dig in Egypt for RasZPM.
10c. If You didn't dig up Ra's ZPM with the stargate cameo videos, then it's because our Earth replaced the Stargate earth. You can optionally go back in time and try to steal Ras ZPM. If you are comfortable fucking with the time stream.
10d. You can grab a ZPM on Dagon.
10e. Leave the Asurans alone. For now.

10. SDN Atlantis Expedition
10a. Grab as many ZPMs as possible. Fly the SDN ship to Pegasus.
10b. Maybe able to bring along a Tollan energy device since we caught them early and in a good mood.
10c. Land on Taranis. Pick up the Hippaforalkus from the storage bay. Fix it, and Give them some Naquada generators and tell them NOT to overuse the geothermal powerplant. Offer to Evacuate the population of hot geeky women on the Hippaforalkus, and move them to Atlantis.
10d. Power up Atlantis with a ZPM right away. Raise it to the surface. Check for Time machine in jumper bay if not look for Frozen Dr. Weir in the basement.
10e. Fly to the Lord protectors planet. Load up on all the drones, ZPMs. and spare parts. Evacuate the population of hot renfair women to Atlantis.
10f. Use Atlantis sensors to detect the original Aurora. Fix it, kill the wraith, Kill the wraith cruiser (assuming it's awake)
10g. Plunder Atlantis Database. Find Dornanda. Salvage stuff from the orbital battle, and surface weapons, carefully dismantle Arcturus.
10h. Say hi to Althosians. Give them some anti-dart weapons,and some machine guns. Get an introduction to the Genii.
10i. Say hi to the Genii. Ask if they want help making bombs. Use lucky dart memory to find sleeping hive ships.
10j. Kill a few wraith, grb samples. Engineer the Carson retrovirus. Beam the airborn Virus onto the sleeping wraith ship. Watch Hilarity ensue.
10k. Contact the Travelors. Sell the empty hiveships to the Travelors in exchange for nude pics of Larrin an alliance, in which they keep an eye on the Asurans. If they don't want the hiveships, use them for compost, or Kamakaze strikes. They cannot reach the Milky way and are therefore useless against the Goa'uld.
10i. Fly Atlantis Back to Sol System, Land on Mars. Move mars gate to Io or Europa. Establish bases therei
10j. Modify the Aurora for return to Sol. Revive Crew with Sarcophogi.

11. Long Distance call to Thor.
11a. Visit Cimmeria. Activate the teacher, Call up Thor.
11b. Have they encountered the Replicators? No? Good. When you find them, please leave them alone....
11c. If the Asgard are not at war with the Replicators, they can fight the Goa'uld. Yay!
11d. Oh, you HAVE found them, and they are eating you alive? I have some good news. Due to OP fiat, we have knowledge "equivalent in depth to that displayed by Stargate-Earth in the last season of Stargate Universe." So we can make, you know, replicator disruptors for you, how's that sound? Thor: "FABULLOUSS"
11e. If the OP fiat doesn't translate that far, then we can at least explain the basic operation, and start hunting for the ancient supositories.
11f. Visit Reese's World, which we have the coordinates off. Find Reese, and dismantle her. Examine her, and melt her down.
11g. Inform Thor About the Vanir. Ask to Tag along for the Ride.

12. Favors to Ask of Thor.
12a. Ask for a few anti replicator planet busters.Visit the Asuras. Blast the Planet,Take the ZPMS.
12b. Ask thor to find the Tria. Tow the Tria to Asuras. New home for Ancients. K-Thanks-Bye.
12c. Grab some Asuran Ships. Yay!
12d. Drop off the newly revived crew of the Aurora of Asuran. (Revived with the Sarcophagi)
12e. Ask nicely for transport beam, shields, beamweapon technologies.

13. SND Atlantis Part 2
13a. Start populating Asuras with the humans from all over the pegasus Galaxy.
13b. Rapidly train these humans how to live in Lantien society with the Galor memory devices.
13c. If the Lantians can build gates, build a McKay-Carter style Bridge. Instead, require the cargo/people, to move via an airtight canister. Essentially a can with retro rockets. On the Milky way side, Collaborate with the Nox and Tollan to build gates. Or you could just grab unused gates.
13d. Now it's time to Finish off the Wraith. Evacuate all the Humans from Pegasis to starve them out. The only populations left should be there to fight.
13e. Use the bridge. Don't Build a Gateway station unless you plan on guarding it. Instead, build it without the gates, and add the gates later.
13f. Instead of Quarantine facilities on the station,Gate the population to Mars, and quarantine them on Atlantis.
13g. Kill as many wraith sleeping as possible, then wake them up with visions of Earth projected by an Althosian.
13h. If any populations do not want to evacuate, check their supply situation, and take their stargate away. Drop it outside the range of the Atero Device.
13I. Activate the Avenger Virus. Turn off All stargates. Activate the Atero.
13j. Using Lantian ships launched from Asuras,kill and starve the remaining Wraith.

14. Colonize Locally.
14a. Mass produce force fields. Force fields can be used to hold in a breathable atmosphere, and keep out cosmic radiation. Using Lantian force fields. We can quickly Para-terraform a planet. Para-terraforming, means building domes, and habitation under the domes until you've completely covered the surface.
14b. Move the population of humans from the galaxy to Sol, settle on Mars, Io, Europa, Nearby planets, in cities towns under force fields and domes, create a defensible network of nearby star systems.
14c. The Goa'uld will not have slaves,the Wraith will not have food.
14d. If the resettled humans don't get along with their neighbors, their neighbors can block off access throughthe forcefield.
14e. Some human colonies will be moved by actors pretending to be Goa'uld ordering them off their land.
14f. We the good guys offer to take them in.
14g. To move people through the gate quickly, it may be a good idea to build a sort of train system for large worlds, and for village planets, just beam everything, including the buldings, through the gate.
14h. Large populated planets with a billion or more either get an entire planet, or

15. Take on the Goa'uld.
15a. After we start moving humans through the gates, take the gates too. Use them for a Galactic bridge, or a time machine, or stack them up and make huts. The idea is to deny the use of them to the Goa'uld.
15b. Continue the Tok'Ra style campaign againts the Goa'uld.
15c. By using actors who played the system lords and jaffa leaders, pit the Goa'uld against each other convincingly. If you can tap into their comm network, you can threaten each other to the point of war.
15d. At a certain point, Apophis is due to walk through the Earth Gate. Capture him. This is when you start playing the Gou'ld.
15e. With Apophis captured, you send the actor right back through the gate. The actor Sends Teal'c to Earth. On Earth Teal'c is breifed by Bra-Tac. Or more likely he'll have been briefed earler.
15f. Teal'c and the Fake Apophis wlll fight the other Goa'ld. The Jaffa will be promised freedom.
15g. If you've managed to Capture Ra, you can do the same thing with him. Fake Ra, and fake Apophis will go into an alliance, with Free Jaffa.
15h. The Fake Ra/Apophis will have military advisors from Earth, us the SDNancients, and the Tok'Ra.
15i. Next we replace Qetesh. Ba'al, and as many as we can.
15j. Some of the Actors could be blended with Tok'Ra to make the ruse more convincing. We'll only use Tok'Ra who were not assholes on the show, so we can start trusting them. If they get untrustworthy, we replace them.
15k. As the Goa'uld lose power, their infrastructure will be taken by us, so the lucien alliance will never form.
Clean House
16. Build bigass Earth/Tollan/freejaffa/Serikan Fleet
16a. Bigass human/freejaffa/robotduplicate army.
16b. Clean house
16c. Put back the stolen stargates, and settle the galaxy slowly.
16d. I'm getting tired here, when will this pointless meeting ever end?

Bonus. Destiny.
17. Dial Destiny without the stupid planet blowing up.
17a. We don't need to find Icarus base, we could dial from Langara.
17b. Since we won't stupidly blow up a planet, they won't see why not to let us.
17c. I Should mention this is a shortcut to Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy too.
17d. Send the right crew, with some recovered ancients, and some supplies.