Replicators invade the Star Wars Galaxy in the clone wars

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Gurgeh
Padawan Learner

Replicators invade the Star Wars Galaxy in the clone wars

Post by Gurgeh »

So what would happen during this scenario: Thousands of years ago a Replicator ship from the Ida Galaxy traveled to the Star Wars galaxy during the Sith War and crashed landed on a planet. Now lets say thousands of years later in the middle of the clone wars a Trade Federation Lucrehulk class ship dropped out of orbit around the planet to investigate for a new colony. They land on the planet to find that the surface was littered with Rep blocks. They picked them up for study and to learn from them. The blocks soon activate and begin to replicate. What happens from there?
Timeline for the clone wars is at the end of season 3.
I would like nice tactical information on how the war will go down not about power requirements so much. Can the Star Wars galaxy stand a chance?
I think I already made this but when I asked this before I didn't get that many responces so I am goint to try again.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Re: Replicators invade the Star Wars Galaxy in the clone war

Post by Master_Baerne »

There's a fair chance something this weird would be passed up the chain of command, which ends with Palpatine - a man with proven abilities to see into the future. I'm predicting that the Replicator planet will be bombarded from orbit before they have a chance to do much.

If the Replicators manage to get aboard the Lucrehulk, I don't see the Trade Federation hesitating to self-destruct it to keep it out of enemy hands. Star Wars communication technology means that higher authorities can be made aware of the Replicators almost instantly, so there's no danger of more ships stumbling onto them by accident.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Gurgeh
Padawan Learner

Post by Gurgeh »

Master_Baerne wrote:There's a fair chance something this weird would be passed up the chain of command, which ends with Palpatine - a man with proven abilities to see into the future. I'm predicting that the Replicator planet will be bombarded from orbit before they have a chance to do much.

If the Replicators manage to get aboard the Lucrehulk, I don't see the Trade Federation hesitating to self-destruct it to keep it out of enemy hands. Star Wars communication technology means that higher authorities can be made aware of the Replicators almost instantly, so there's no danger of more ships stumbling onto them by accident.
Wouldn't energy weapons bombarding the planet be a bad thing in this situation? Just checking.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Even the Replicator's immunity to energy weapons must have an upper limit. For instance, the Replicator starship that escapes from the time-dilation field in "New Order" was made of blocks and was blown to pieces by Asgard energy weapons.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Exactly. No-limits fallacies are a bad thing; I don't believe it has ever been demonstrated that Replicators can withstand Base Delta Zero-level firepower, which is what will be coming for them as soon as somebody recognizes that it's needed.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Gurgeh
Padawan Learner

Post by Gurgeh »

So what would the CIS and the Republics reactions be to this if they encountered the Replicators?
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

:?: Are blasters/laser cannons/turbolasers even really energy weapons in the sense that Reps are used to?
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

On the matter of the Replicators and their "immunity to energy weapons" did we actually SEE them shrug off anything more than a zat blast?

I thinkt he better term would be "immune to small arms-scale energy weapons."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

Master_Baerne wrote:Exactly. No-limits fallacies are a bad thing; I don't believe it has ever been demonstrated that Replicators can withstand Base Delta Zero-level firepower, which is what will be coming for them as soon as somebody recognizes that it's needed.
were BDZ's ever used in the clone wars? I dought that the chancellor has the power to kill a planet,the senate would likely just try to reason with the new machine people.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:On the matter of the Replicators and their "immunity to energy weapons" did we actually SEE them shrug off anything more than a zat blast?

I think the better term would be "immune to small arms-scale energy weapons."
We see them shrug off staff weapon fire,which seems to do the same amount of damage to walls and flooring as SW blasters. nothing bigger is ever used.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

Darth Tedious wrote::?: Are blasters/laser cannons/turbolasers even really energy weapons in the sense that Reps are used to?
In the show Staff weapons are described as plasma weapons, the same as star wars lasers and blasters.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

lordofchange13 wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:Exactly. No-limits fallacies are a bad thing; I don't believe it has ever been demonstrated that Replicators can withstand Base Delta Zero-level firepower, which is what will be coming for them as soon as somebody recognizes that it's needed.
were BDZ's ever used in the clone wars? I dought that the chancellor has the power to kill a planet,the senate would likely just try to reason with the new machine people.
A Republic BDZ is mentioned in dialogue during the Star Wars: Battlefront II mission on Mustafar, and a CIS one is attempted during the Battle of Terra Sool. Neither of these is portrayed as especially exceptional. Apart from that, the destruction of Caamas occurred very shortly after the Clone Wars, and BDZ operations were a common tactic under the Empire - and let's remember, Palpatine is the one running both the Republic and the CIS at the moment.
Conversion Table:

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

The CIS also used a BDZ on the city-planet of Humbarine IIRC.

Gurgeh
Padawan Learner

Post by Gurgeh »

Wouldn't it require a massive fleet to bombard a planet? I think that may alert the Replicators if a gigantic fleet was comming to them.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

No, one Star Destroyer can do it. It wouldn't be hard to expect that A CIS ship would be able to manage it as well.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

A larger one, anyway. Aren't CIS ships meant to be somewhat low-quality compared to Republic SDs?
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

For a given value of low-quality. Lucrehulks aren't actually warships; they're converted freighters - they mount huge numbers of smaller guns, because they were easier to install than heavier ones without the ship being built around them. Other designs are purpose-built warships and are perfectly capable of standing up to Republic warships. Anyway, low-quality is a relative term. Even the crappiest mass-produced CIS frigate is still a Star Wars warship, with the power generation and weapon strength that implies.
Conversion Table: