Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

Post by Darth Fanboy »

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... id=13&cs=1
Paramount's parting ways with Megan Fox on "Transformers 3."

A studio spokeswoman disclosed Wednesday that Par's decided against picking up Fox's option to star as Mikaela Banes in the third installment but declined to elaborate.

Sources close to the production indicated that Par and director Michael Bay want to take the story line in another direction and plans to cast another actress as the love interest for star Shia LaBeouf, who plays Sam Witwicky. Those sources indicated that Fox's ouster was unrelated to a September interview with a British magazine in which Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler.

Bay's directing from a script by Ehren Kruger with the storyline kept under wraps. Working title is "Transformers 3" and shooting's expected to start this summer in a variety of U.S. locations.

Pic, produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, is set to open July 1, 2011. Steven Spielberg is exec producing.

Patrick Dempsey, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich and Ken Jeong have signed on to the project. Thesps Kevin Dunn and Julie White will return in the roles of Ron Witwicky and Judy Witwicky.

"Transformers" is Paramount's most valuable franchise, particularly since the studio is the sole financier. The first "Transformers" grossed $709.7 million worldwide, followed by $836.4 million for last year's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

Initially, Bay had wanted to take a longer break before lensing the three-quel, but ultimately decided to meet the studio's summer 2011 release date.

Fox will be seen next in Warner's supernatural Western "Jonah Hex" opposite Josh Brolin. "Hex" opens June 18.
I'm not going to argue that her character was usefull, or anything more than eye candy, but you think while they are dropping her they could at least cut out the Witwicky family, if not Sam Witwicky altogether and maybe give some of the NEST guys more time instead? Ah well.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Re: Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

Post by Gramzamber »

Great, now if only they'd get rid of Shia LeBitch the movie might actually be watchable.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

She was at least useful in some way in the first one but other than looking pretty there was no use for her in the second. The first movie in general wasn't that great and the second was just godawful so I think I'll just skip the rest of these altogether.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Hmm... dropping Megan Fox but keeping Shia LaBeouf?

That makes no sense at all.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Knowing Bay, he'll just stick John Tutorro (sp?) with a wig and bra and have him play her character.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Lupercal
Redshirt

Post by Lupercal »

How come these movies made so much money?
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Lupercal wrote:How come these movies made so much money?
They have lots of action, plenty of eye candy (of both the sexy and non-sexy variety), simple plots, established fan-bases, and extremely profitable licensing (i.e. you can churn out tons of toys and other "back-end" along with the film itself).
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Kuroji
Padawan Learner

Post by Kuroji »

Hmm. They're rebooting Spider-Man again, from what I understand... would it be too much to ask to use this opportunity to reboot Transformers into something slightly less ridiculous than it is with these two movies, with a completely new and FAR LESS ANNOYING cast? :lol:
Steel, on nBSG's finale: "I'd liken it to having a really great time with these girls, you go back to their place, think its going to get even better- suddenly there are dicks everywhere and you realise you were in a ladyboy bar all evening."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Kuroji wrote:Hmm. They're rebooting Spider-Man again, from what I understand... would it be too much to ask to use this opportunity to reboot Transformers into something slightly less ridiculous than it is with these two movies, with a completely new and FAR LESS ANNOYING cast? :lol:
Why are they rebooting Spiderman? All you have to do is pretend that SPM-3 simply doesn't exist and continue on. SPM-1 and 2 were awesome.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

This is pretty surprising, given how popular Fox seems to be with the young male demographic. I'm guessing that she got the idea that she was a big star now and was asking for too much money. If in fact this isn't because she antagonized Michael Bay and a bunch of other people behind the scenes.
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Why are they rebooting Spiderman? All you have to do is pretend that SPM-3 simply doesn't exist and continue on. SPM-1 and 2 were awesome.
Sony was actually doing a SM4 with Raimi given "full creative control" to make up for the derailing of his series to add Venom in SM3. Rumor was that Raimi, being an old school fan, wanted to use a "classic" 1960s villain like the Vulture. Who unlike the Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus, is considered lame and uncompelling by most people. Supposedly the studio wanted another villain (either a new made-up one, or a name actress playing the Black Cat), but Raimi wouldn't budge again. Neither side could reach an agreement so Sony decided to just scrap the whole thing and go for a reboot, using a highschool-focused script (based on the Ultimate Spider-Man version) that they already had written up just in case they had problems with Raimi.

The reboot is on the fast track for a 2012 release since the script is already done. The kid from that recent Percy Jackson movie will star, and Mark Webb (500 Days of Summer) will direct.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

If this is the first sign of Transformers suffering a slow, painful death, then I'm thrilled with this news.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Hurrah!

Anyway, I'd read in ABC's internet news that Gemma Atherton was rumoured to replace her. I'd prefer they just got rid of the character and gave us more robot fun.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Meh, I predicted how they were going to have relationship trouble for the characters in the second movie (because the protagonist needs to get the girl at the end, even if he got her in the previous movie), and I bet that's what they'll go for again: Sam will meet a new girl and have all the "I want to get ito her pants" drama all over again.

On the other hand, I can't stand Megan Fox (not sure why, must be her voice), so it is an improvement.
unsigned
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:SPM-1 and 2 were awesome Spider-man 1 and 2 were shit.
I fixed that for you.
AMT
Jedi Knight

Post by AMT »

adam_grif wrote:If this is the first sign of Transformers suffering a slow, painful death, then I'm thrilled with this news.
Indeed. Time to pave the way for the GOBOTS franchise.

....what? :lol:
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Seeing the current trends, they might just reboot the franchise and make it about teenager Autobots in a cybertronian high school.

And Decepticons would glitter when exposed to Energon or something.
unsigned
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Stravo wrote:She was at least useful in some way in the first one but other than looking pretty there was no use for her in the second. The first movie in general wasn't that great and the second was just godawful so I think I'll just skip the rest of these altogether.
I watched the first one on TV and I haven't even seen the second one. And yes, that makes me a better person. Not supporting shit by giving money to its makers is an important part of personal growth.

At least in the 1990s Michael Bay movies were still watchable. OK, The Island was semi-watchable, but not enough to make up for the atrocity that was Pearl Harbor. Transformers was worse than The Island and since most people say that Revenge of the Fallen is much worse still, I decided that I would not support its makers even with rental money. Not that is matters anything, since idiot teens around the world went to see it and will probably go to see "Transformers 3" as well.

Oh, Megan Fox? Ask me again when she stars in a movie that is not shit. It's summer and I can see hot babes in scanty clothing outside the movie theater.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

LordOskuro wrote:Seeing the current trends, they might just reboot the franchise and make it about teenager Autobots in a cybertronian high school.

Why do you hate character driven drama and want mindless giant robots and explosions ?
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Was Witwicky as annoying as his G1 cartoon counterpart?

Anyways, I say continue with Transformer 3 and have the autobots discover the Ark (I think that's the name of their ship in the G1 series) and find that Teletran 1 is still functioning and then whatever Megatron plans to conquer the planet. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Hamstray
Padawan Learner

Post by Hamstray »

edit: sorry, I take this post back, misread something, atleast I hope so...
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

LordOskuro wrote:Seeing the current trends, they might just reboot the franchise and make it about teenager Autobots in a cybertronian high school.

If they're following current trends, they'll have a 10 million-year-old Cybertronian - transformable, 30 feet tall, shiny chrome, hydraulics and all - in a regular human high school in the present. He'll be all aloof, broody and a loner, but all the girls think he's hunky. But he only wants that one teenaged human girl... and he stalks her at night. There'll be extended scenes of longing looks between the two of them, and lip biting. You got to have lip biting.

Seriously, internet's abuzz today about how she had mouthed off Michael Bay after the release of ROTF, and there's been speculation that Michael Bay had dropped her. Megan Fox's statement on IMDB however said that she left on her own accord.

But then I remember Kurtzman and Orci, the writers for the first two movies, who publicly expressed shock that a lot of atrocious elements crept into the script they gave Michael Bay - like the Twins' lines - before they had to stop writing because of the WGA strike. They too aren't returning for the third movie.

Can't help but wonder if Bay had anything to do with it.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Enigma wrote:Was Witwicky as annoying as his G1 cartoon counterpart?
*shrug* I didn't think so. Then again, I haven't seen enough of G1 lately to decide if he really was Annoying (I didn't when I was a kid).
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

Lupercal wrote:How come these movies made so much money?
The same way Enter The Matrix and The phantom Menance made a ton of money. It's TRANSFORMERS for goodness, with a fanbase more than 20 years old and spanning god-knows-too-many countries. They sure have come a long way from 4th in a four-issue limited series :D

I know i'd have watched Transformers if all it had been was a 2 hr long debate between Prime and Megs :D
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

Michael Bay should cut all pretense and make a 2 hour movie consisting of nothing but giant robots fighting and explosions.
That's all people go to see these movies for anyway.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

The G1 season 1 cartoons were basically giant robots fighting each other and explosions mixed in with Megatron's New Scheme To Get Energon and damn but if that formula didn't work. :D

Megs could have hijacked an nuclear sub or 3, stashed said subs at his underwater base, and a couple weeks later have enough energon to Get Back To Cybertron :P
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)