Daleks Vs. the Irken Empire

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Who wins?

The Daleks shall serve the Tallest curly fries!
53%
The Irkens are EXTERMINATED!
47%

Total votes: 30

Rossum
Padawan Learner

Re: Daleks Vs. the Irken Empire

Post by Rossum »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:What happens when the Daleks start using time travel? Or when they decide to kill all life in the galaxy?

The Irken Empire also has time-travel technology. In "The Frycook that came from all that space." Sizz-Lorr mentioned that there is a time warp on Foodcourtia at least when the Foodening happens. Basically the giant food-court planet gets a massive influx of customers and its mass reaches a point that its impossible to escape its gravity and everyone gets stuck there for 20 years. Sizz-Lorr got stuck in the Foodening and waited 20 years, but when it was over he went through a time warp so that he track down Zim and bring him back in time for the next Foodening at which point Sizz-Lorr would take a vacation while Zim was stuck on planet for 20 years.

So, it looks to me that the Irkens may have access to huge planet-encompasing time warp fields that surround Foodcourtia. The Foodening occurs because a mass of customers come in and order lots of food which the matter-energy converters produce and drastically increase the planets gravity. It takes 20 years to lower the gravity to the point that anyone can escape. So, the Irkens surrounded the planet in a time warping field so that once the 20 years are over everybody on the planet can just go back in time 19 years 10 months and go on their way... so that they don't mess up their busy schedule too much.

To the people on planet, 20 years went by but to the outside universe it could have been much shorter. For the customers who come during the Foodening to pick up some snacks... well, they can use the Time Warp to move to a point in time when the planet isn't stuck in the Foodening. Problem is... that this means about 20 years worth of customers fly through a time warp and arrive on the planet at once and start ordering.

So it could very well be that Foodcourtia and its Foodening problem is the result of Irkens abusing the heck out of mass time-travel technology, energy-matter-snack conversion, and who knows what other sorts of tech to make a planet that is full of nothing but fast-food restaurants. The result in hugely massive fluxuations in the planets gravity well and people getting stuck on it for decades at a time. If that's what happens when they use this tech stupidly then what happens when a half-competant Irken uses it as a weapon?

If Daleks start pulling Time-Travel garbage, the Irkens could use their own time-travel technology and utterly absurd manufacturing and industrial capacity to send whole planets into the past.

Also, in "Bad Bad Rubber Piggy", Zim created a Space-Time Object Replacement Device that basically grabs objects from the past and replaces them with objects of similar mass. This could then instantly affect the present... it doesn't seem to have the risk of destroying the universe via paradox or anything... it but it can seriously mess peoples lives up by giving them retroactive injuries and such. Zim used it to ruin Dibs life by replacing bikes, flying helmets, and medical equipment with rubber piggies... it worked until Dibs dad gave Dib a set of protective power armor at which point things got ugly.

The Irkens could easily build something similar to that and then get a bunch of old barrels of toxic waste or something. If any Daleks decide to go to the past then the Irkens just Object Replace their dalek armor with barrels of toxic waste and laugh as the Daleks are reduced to little squids dissolving in toxic sludge. Or they could just start replacing stuff with dynamite.

It seems the Space-Time Object Replacement Device would be an excellent weapon to use against anyone trying to pull time-travel stuff by going to the past. Just use the time-scanner to find the traveler in the past and then start replacing their vital equipment and organs with jagged metal and bombs. The defender doesn't even have to do any traveling themselves to do this... they can defend their past while still in the present. Problem is that with the Object Replacer then affecting something in the past changes what it is in the present instantly in unpredictable ways... so trying to retroactivly kill someone with this thing is likely to make thing even weirder and harder for you. It best limited to a defense system to wipe out Time Travelers trying to pull stuff in the past because they aren't essential to the time-line.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sending planets to the past is no big deal. A handful of scrappy Dalek survivors were able to do that, suddenly and in no time, to a whole bunch of planets in preparation for their omniversal doomsday ultimate EXTERMINATE weapon.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I hate to admit I watched that, but they're not 'a couple' of 'scrappy survivors'; they're actually described as more powerful than ever. They're also so stupid they put a 'kill all Daleks' button inside Davros' prison cell, so let's not go pointing fingers about WHO is STUPIDER.

Since I remembered it the other day, it's worth pointing out that in Irken terms, 'closer than ever before' = 'in a different galaxy', and that distance can be crossed in about ten minutes. This probably explains OID2; there is no organised resistance due to the incredible speed of the Irken ships and the operation is taking place simultaneously across many galaxies.

Zim's shitty spacecar is far slower, but it's not full of candy like the Massive either.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Those guys that got beaten in a couple of episodes were stronger than the Dalek Empire during the Great Time War that pushed up to Gallifrey and caused the Time Lords to go nuts and fight back in a way that caused all sorts of atrocity-monsters with fancy names the Doctor mentioned in passing to occur, and making the Time Lords consider destroying reality itself because circumstances were so bad that their once-upheld principles were now totally perverted and they ended up becoming ruthless genocidal Time Sheps instead? What?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Yeah sorry, I'm not sure if you noticed but DW is shit full of DEM endings. Whoops. Don't even start how they are obviously in a kitbashed 40k base instead of the elite beaten copper interiors of the Time War; that's what makes them more advanced, or something.

And the Daleks would have won if they hadn't let their prisoner press the 'Kill All Daleks' button. So....

Is it rude to point out the Irken have actually never been defeated except for the one time Zim took over their 500m tall mech and killed the invaders before they took to their ships? The Daleks have a slightly worse record.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well, the Doctor was the one who kept beating them and there's no Doctor here so... :)

But, yeah. Man. Daleks. Haha.

PS - I get your point STRAK. Don't chew my butt mang.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I just think the Irken are sadly unappreciated. Why did they even want to conquer the planet of the slaughtering rat people?
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

I honestly think it was used as a punishment for being the shortest invader. :P
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Stark wrote:I just think the Irken are sadly unappreciated. Why did they even want to conquer the planet of the slaughtering rat people?
They converted it into a parking structure planet.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

Yeah, but it was probably intended as a suicide mission just to kill the poor sap who got it as a world to invade.
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

I figured that they took over the Slaughtering Rat People just because they were there. The Irkens are out to take over the whole universe, not just some of the universe, not just one little galaxy or just the nice planets... they want the whole darn thing! The Rat People were in the universe so they were just asking to be invaded, conquered, and have their planet turned into a parking lot.

Besides, if the Irkens didn't conquer that planet during Impending Doom 2 then some other super-race might take over that planet or the ratpeople might suddenly invent killer death ships or harbor resistance members.

Plus, every Operation Impending Doom has to start somewhere.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Night_stalker wrote:Yeah, but it was probably intended as a suicide mission just to kill the poor sap who got it as a world to invade.
It was.
Originally Invader Larb was to be sent to Blortch.
However, because Larb got taller,
he was sent to Vort, home of the universe's most comfortable couch.

Instead they sent fat, little Skoodge.

He survived, and was the first Invader to conquer his planet.
Instead of having Skoodge be the face of Operation Impending Doom II,
The Tallest told him his reward was to be fired out of a cannon into Blortch,
as the first shot in the organic sweep.
Then they picked a random, normal looking Irken to be Skoodge, Conqueror of Blortch.

Skoodge survived being shot into Blortch.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan