T:SCC 2x22 "Born To Run"

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The designation of this episode is T-

71%
23%
2%
No votes
4%

Total votes: 48

Thanas
Magister
Magister

T:SCC 2x22 "Born To Run"

Post by Thanas »

The Connors come face-to-face with Weaver.
The last episode of this season and most likely the last episode of the series will be broadcasted today. Sadly, I will only be able to comment on it after Monday due to me being out of town, so have fun, guys.

Anyway, it has been fun reviewing the show together and I really hope Fox gives it a third season, but of course Fox is Fox.

I'll be back.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Re: T:SCC 2x22 "Born To Run"

Post by Burak Gazan »

Having seen some of the teasers on Space, I sadly think you are right, but can always hope :?

I'll be back.

That's so bad it's good :lol:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Well, I see Ellison's explanation is as believable to Sarah as it was to me last week :P
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

Burak Gazan wrote:
I'll be back.
That's so bad it's good :lol:
Notice how he also mentioned he'll "be out of town"...something that just so happens to coincide with the episode title "Born to Run"? :P

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this episode. Hope it wraps up as best as can be expected for the series.
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
PhantomVX
Redshirt

Post by PhantomVX »

Well, fuck me sideway. :shock:

That was very awesome ending.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Well :wtf:

Not sure what to make of that, finale or otherwise.
Lord Insanity
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Insanity »

Well how the hell could they even continue the show that way? :wtf: Unless that explains why no was allowed to see John in the previous future scenes. At this point I honestly don't know if I would consider it good or bad if the show doesn't get a third season. I would likely watch it and give the writers the benefit of the doubt at this point. Seriously though, what the hell was that?

Edit: Did they just write John Conner out of the show? :shock:
-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" -The Real Willy Wonka
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

It would be tragic if this is the end, seeing as how this finale just took everything in different directions. I demand more!
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Bionicle, painting minis, playing D&D.. my John Henry would appear to be building up his geek-cred. :D

Cameron pulled a T2 with the non-lethal rampage through the prison.. though she had 17 kinds of hell shot out of her skin sheathe..

The counter-skynet machine faction seems to be growing in scope given that they've got time travel tech.

All that and we got to see Weaver punking another Termie. You don't fuck with the woman's gates.
Paradox
Youngling

Post by Paradox »

Ok, only problem thus far I see is how did John Henry get downloaded into Cameron's chip?

Cameron cuts open her scalp, John Henry pulls her chip, Cameron's body goes offline, JH plugs chip into this system, downloads Cameron into part of his hardware, and downloads himself into her chip.

SO how does he unplug himself and plug in the chip? Unless the wiring that goes into his head isn't interfaced with his CPU socket. eh... just gave myself a good excuse...

So, why take her chip? How did he know there was a TDE in the room? Is Cameron truly gone now? What is Cameron sorry for? She can't be Skynet, since jumping into the future, Skynet already exists.

If there is a Season 3, Is John going to sacrifice everything to track down John Henry, who apparently is now rogue and wants to meet his "brother" in the future, take back Cameron's chip, find a TDE in the future, time travel back, and reunite with Cameron? Or is Season 3 going to be about the Future war, and he is just going to try and hook up with Allison?

I bet the Jameron shippers prematurely ejaculated when John finally penetrated Cameron. "get on top of me" hahah!
Paradox
Youngling

Post by Paradox »

Another possibility, John Henry is the new leader of the Resistance, that is why Skynet in the past stopped caring about John Connor at a certain point, it started going after John Henry.

Cameron loved John so much, she wanted to protect him the best way she could, so she made it so he is no longer the leader of the resistance, he doesn't have to worry about terminators always being sent to attack him, he can just retire to a nice corner of the world with Sarah and try and survive Judgement Day and beyond.

Except Cameron didn't think he would follow her through time since he loves her too. Very Romeo and Juliet ending.

I could have sworn I heard Cameron say at the end "I love you too"
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

Wow, that was a great episode and a great ending to this season (hopefully not the series as a whole). Nice to see confirmation that Weaver was building an alt skynet to actually help John. And loved the little T1 homage with Cameron going through the jail with a shotgun.
The ending was very good, but it does sort of take away the whole feeling of the terminator series, which was that John Connor was vitally important for the resistance to even be formed, yet it appears as if in the timeline he's jumped forward into, John Connor doesn't even exist (Kyle never sent back?) and yet theres still a resistance.

I think that end bit was Sarah saying it back after he said it in the Lobby to her.
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Holy plot twists batman! I did not see that coming, that's for certain. With John in the future, able to talk to kyle before he goes back, the past/future could potentially go trough massive changes. I'm really interested in where they planned to go with this so I really hope they get put on for another season. (or five!)

*crosses fingers*
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I guess we know more about how Allison and John went down. It's not so creepy anymore.

But yeah, that was awesome. And Derek and Kyle are alive again. Yay.

It would majorly suck if this got cancelled, even if it was an ending of sorts. But, when exactly does this occur? Is this John's path to becoming the leader of the Resistance? Because in the movies, John was there from the beginning, while this makes it seem like the Resistance is already in place.

So this is the future without John being there for Judgment Day. Makes me wonder what the changes were with him in the future, but Ellison and Sarah still back in the past.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Based on the ending of the season/series(?), I believe that it will now directly tie into the T4 movie based on this trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puAxrOTqtr4

"This is not the future my mother warned me about."
"What is the date, the YEAR? What happened here?" "Judgement day"
"Who are you?" "I am John Connor!"
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Yeah. I doubt that. Otherwise, John Henry and Derek would be significant factors, which I doubt would have been kept a secret.

The original secret leaked out after all.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Ghetto Edit: And in that middle line, he's talking to Marcus in that trailer, not John.
Laird

Post by Laird »

neoolong wrote:Ghetto Edit: And in that middle line, he's talking to Marcus in that trailer, not John.
"But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright, a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row."-taken from IMDBs website on the synopsis of T4, They were in a prision and there was a second flash of lightning indicating a second time jump after weaver and John jumped. I take it with a grain of salt..but I believe it is a good theory.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Holy fucking Jesus Christ.

It'll probably take me a couple of days to get over how fucking face-meltingly awesome that ending was.

"That's interesting." SUDDENLY, ELLISON!

Zero casualties. The only thing that would have made that more awesome would have been a Termo-vision shot of "0.0 human casualties."

The scene where John cut Cameron open and penetrated her was a combination of epic squick, happy shipper-yay, and some really, really great acting on everyone's part. Probably my favorite scene in the episode, and that's a lot, seeing how I spent 99% of the episode with my jaw on the floor.

Weaver is pretty much a walking shard of liquid metal awesome.

And that was Allison in the ending. Zero question. Not only was she stopping to pet the dog, but the dog wasn't barking at her. You have NO idea how happy that makes me.

5 from me, simply because I can't vote "infinity."
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Laird wrote:"But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright, a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row."-taken from IMDBs website on the synopsis of T4, They were in a prision and there was a second flash of lightning indicating a second time jump after weaver and John jumped. I take it with a grain of salt..but I believe it is a good theory.
You do know that in the trailer, John is quite a bit older than his buddy with the really white teeth. As opposed to the show, where it's not like that.
Laird

Post by Laird »

I did not say I had all the awnsers, it just seems like too much of a Coincidence that the season ended the way it did, alot of plot points from the movie mesh with the tv show and Fox will wait till after the movie is out to give an answer if the tv show is renewed or not.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

McG has said that the movie will stay true to the "mythology" of the franchise, but it takes liberties. It has to. But, it's not going to be a direct pickup.
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

There was a lot of mind fucking at the end; I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it honestly.
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

I'll just say "awesome" for now.

This'll work well as a finale, too, if it has to (but by the hammer of Thor, I hope it won't have to).
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Thanas wrote:The last episode of this season and most likely the last episode of the series will be broadcasted today. Sadly, I will only be able to comment on it after Monday due to me being out of town, so have fun, guys.
From what I've heard, that blogger who made all the claims about cancellation and sets being torn down also made some predictions about the finale, those where apparently incorrect, which casts doubt upon all her statements regarding cancellation.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.