T:SCC 2x21: "Adam Raised a Cain"

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The designation of this episode is T-

84%
11%
No votes
No votes
4%

Total votes: 45

Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Re: T:SCC 2x21: "Adam Raised a Cain"

Post by Singular Intellect »

Thanas wrote:Considering that in the future Spoiler
it is all but outright said that they have such a relationship and that he refused to kill her in the S2 premier, I doubt their bond needs any strengthening.

But the spoiler pic might also be regarded to her being dead - she shows no emotion or movement at all in it and his face is not exactly shining with joy.
Damnit man, I hate you. I never looked at it that way. *grumbles* :wink:
Singular Intellect wrote:*raises hand* Guilty a charged.
Oh, I didn't mean you. I meant the lifejournal shippers.
I'm still guilty. :P
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Singular Intellect wrote:
Thanas wrote:Considering that in the future Spoiler
it is all but outright said that they have such a relationship and that he refused to kill her in the S2 premier, I doubt their bond needs any strengthening.

But the spoiler pic might also be regarded to her being dead - she shows no emotion or movement at all in it and his face is not exactly shining with joy.
Damnit man, I hate you. I never looked at it that way. *grumbles* :wink:
My job here is done. :lol:
Oh, I didn't mean you. I meant the lifejournal shippers.
I'm still guilty. :P
Well, everybody of us has a character flaw. :P
Seriously though, why I wouldn't call myself a shipper, I am not that much against that pairing as it does indeed serve a story purpose.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Peptuck wrote:
I really doubt they will try a full blown rampage like T1
The Wondercon trailer showed Cameron blowing away uniformed personnel who looked like either police officers or prison security guards.
Not watched this trailer and do not intend to do so.

Regardless, John allowing Cameron to start murdering innocent personnel doing their jobs just to save his mother really crosses a line. I still find it highly unlikely that Cameron would even do such a thing without proper motivation. She may be a killer but this episode already demonstrates she has a modicum of restraint to know when killing is not an option. Slaughtering police and/or prison guards will create a whole heap of trouble for them when the entire country is hunting them down as escaped terrorist cop killers.

As for Cameron, I highly suspect she is going to die and it may be the cause of that killswitch. The introduction of the killswitch simply strikes me as being too foreshadowy to not be brought up later. As for Sarah, dont see her dying since her name is in the title unless it is an 'off-screen' affair like Jesse.
John - Yeah, no chance of him dying unless they were bullshiting about ending the series and the entire franchise
Henry / Weaver - Highly likely they are going to die
Ellison - Definetly going to die, his arc is done in this season anyway regardless if TSCC continues or not.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

This episode really was a shocker. I never really saw a series regular killed that quick and senseless. It was perfect. That's what getting into the way of a terminator should always play out. And the Terminator was really scary just walking around and shooting too fast to be human (which was unfortunate for Derek).
And I loved the scene when John listened to Savannah and put the pieces together. Johns face of terror while Savannah talked innocently was priceless.

I wonder if they will reveal WHO the creator of Skynet really is.

Things I would love to see resolved:
  • was Adam Goode/Billy Wisher working on Henry John (Skynet) or John Henry? His death improved Skynets position in the future
  • how did the rebel-Terminators come into existence? Where they the first terminators with read/write settings and Skynet turned to read-only terminators as some r/w-Terminators went rogue?
  • Who had access to the Cyberdine research to create Skynet? How did Skynet turn evil this time?
  • Has the human resistence still a chance to win? in T1 and T2 they were at the brink of victory.
  • Why was Savannah a (kidnapping?) target for Skynet? Does Henry John know about Weaver being a terminator or does it still think she is human?
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

tezunegari wrote:Has the human resistence still a chance to win? in T1 and T2 they were at the brink of victory.
There is little that has changed with regards to that - Skynet is still losing the war.
Does Henry John know about Weaver being a terminator or does it still think she is human?
John Henry knows.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

When John Henry was getting taken over in last episode, it clearly caught a look at the girl and identified her. Thus I suspect Skynet assumed the girl has some knowledge of John Henry which she obviously does and being a child would be more vulnerable to interogation.
Additionally, using the child as a hostage to force a human mother (Weaver) to come rushing probably is a factor in the attempt. The T1000 in T2 did it and so has Cameron when she tried to go after John. Of course, since Weaver is not human that wouldnt have worked so I doubt Skynet is aware of Weaver's true identity.

Then again, maybe it is and figured that sending a T-888 would be a bad idea against her and thus the child makes a more sensible target. Afterall, finding out the identity of the child would lead to the identity of Weaver and her company location. If your gonna start looking for Henry then busting down the doors of the building and tearing shit up makes more sense than going for the child.

That said, I still want to know what the fuck was going on in last episode when Henry was getting taken over.

"What is all this about"
*Looks at Turk*
"I know what this is all about"
*Gets up and starts approaching the Turk*

>I< would like to know what the fuck this is all about...
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Finally saw the episode, before reading a word of spoiler... they Tasha Yarred him, but did it better. No saying goodbyes scene in the end. Just a John Doe cremated remains buried in a field, close to his brother. Senseless death, but chillingly beautiful end.

Is it wrong I am craving for a spin-off titled The Further Adventures of Savannah and John Henry?
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Old Plympto wrote:Finally saw the episode, before reading a word of spoiler... they Tasha Yarred him, but did it better. No saying goodbyes scene in the end. Just a John Doe cremated remains buried in a field, close to his brother. Senseless death, but chillingly beautiful end.

Is it wrong I am craving for a spin-off titled The Further Adventures of Savannah and John Henry?
Not at all, I loved the actors portrayal of Cromartie, was sad to see him go when we just barely got to see his chops as a machine and was so excited to see that he was going to live on as(as I thought at the time) baby Skynet. And every bit involving him in the series has be solid gold, even in the lowest rut of the mid-season.

Also to the person who said that it was this episode was when they finally got the music montage right, like hell. The end of Season One is still one of the greatest moments of TV history to me(a Terminator killing a SWAT team in a not over the top way as Johnny Cash sings about the apocalypse)

One thought about the show, who sent that T-888? Current Skynet has the knowledge of Savannah, but just recently learned about T-888s so there is no communication between him and its future self. Furture Skynet has plenty of T-888 but no way to know about Savannah(although it may have been trying to track down Weaver since it sent someone to replace Ellison and the receptionist at the psychologist office. Was it a coincidence that future Skynet sent at T-888 after Savannah about the same time current Skynet learned about her, or was Current Skynet able to locate another T-888 and sent a buy with a electrical current and a knife that didn't dick around long enough asking how to pull the chip and let Skynet reprogram it?

My guess if the series continues it'll be the Connors and Weaver/John Henry working to track down Skynet(Weaver reveals she is a rebel faction Termie, Cameron comfirms it maybe throught the sub incident, and John Henry is the only one that can hold off/track down Skynet). Weaver and John Henry fill in the gaps left by Derek(man tear) and Ellison(hopefully the fucker) deaths, as supporting characters. Ofcourse this creates conflict between John who sees its the only way, and Sarah who cheered at the nBSG ending(fuck technology!) and even if she agrees to work with John Henry to stop Skynet, will plan on killing John Henry as soon as its done.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Big Orange wrote:Those cretinous network executives and their outdated Nielsen ratings have both gone and (most likely) done it again!
On another page labeled Season 2 Finale LEAKED FULL REVIEW, one of the comments reads:
Chris K said:
The initial report of cancellation from this blog has been called “totally false” by one of the writers - Ashley Edward Miller - on his Twitter page.

Having said that. Most of the points supposedly backing that information in the initial post have been refuted or made irrelevant. No sets (except for the very basic ones needed for Weaver) from Season 2 are needed for Season 3. Sets from Season 1 weren’t used in Season 2 either. Summer Glau doesn’t appear to be working on the other project yet. Brian Austin Green won’t be on the show next year.

Also - I haven’t read the spoilers in the above post, but i think it’s lame to post a complete spoiler a week ahead of time for a show that’s on the brink of getting cancelled. Particularly if you are the source - it would have been unknown if you didn’t post it and this will get out. “LEAKED” is a funny choice of words since you are the leak. A legit reviewer having a copy isn’t a leak.

Let’s say it were cancelled - this doesn’t help it get the audience it needs to come back.

Judging from the other TV-related posts on this blog, it looks to me like you’re mostly interested in stirring the pot.
I hope this Chris K guy is right. I'm trying to locate said entry on AEM's Twitter blog to confirm this. I think you have to sign up.

https://api.twitter.com/ashman01

More to come...
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

This is from AEM's twitter page:
RT @wdrussell "@ashman01 Seen this hogwash? http://tinyurl.com/c6jqtz" FALSE.
10:43 AM Mar 31st from Twittelator
@wdrussell let's just say... False. Totally false.
10:36 AM Mar 31st from Twittelator in reply to wdrussell
You have to go to the bottom of the page in the link above and click
"More" to see it.

I also found this on SpoilerTV.com; One of the comments is a link to a screencap of an IM/PM with Lanie Grace:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1412/laniegrace.png
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Lastly on this matter is the discussion page at the T:SCC Wiki entitled, "The Lanie Grace (blogger of doom) DEPRECIATION thread"

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/thread/26 ... ead?t=anon

Also, the Writers Blog states:
"Glad everyone’s excited for Friday — just popping by to point out that our finale episode, “Born to Run,” was not sent out to any reviewers in advance — we wanted to preserve the enjoyment for all of our fans! Hope that should clear up any mess."

At this point I think it's safe to say her "spoiler" and her scoop on the cancellation is bullshit.
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Awesome episode. Can't really add much beyond what has already been said.

It also made me a bit uncomfortable, since upon Derek's "shield failure", I began thinking about what contrived plot twist were they going to use to bring him back (it is a dream, they'll graft a T-chip in his head, it wasn't really him, the wound was not fatal...), and thus it dawned on me how used I've become to other shows pulling that crap on the viewers.
So the scene was doubly awesome since it pointed a big neon-glowing finger at the bullshit of most other shows.

Also, regarding PREDATOR490's points on why certain characters won't (or will) die, there were a few loose ends regarding Derek, and a lot of story potential (Jesse, his memories regarding Cameron, as well as how his relationship with Sarah would play out now, or even how he'd react to the changes on John himself), yet he was killed. Guess the lesson here is "don't assume characters can't die". Pretty much what we were supposed to expect from Heroes before they decided to favor fanboys.
unsigned
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Darth Lucifer wrote:At this point I think it's safe to say her "spoiler" and her scoop on the cancellation is bullshit.
What is said in public regarding confidential network decisions might differ from what is said in private. Just sayin'.
------------
------------
My LPs
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Thanas wrote:
Darth Lucifer wrote:At this point I think it's safe to say her "spoiler" and her scoop on the cancellation is bullshit.
What is said in public regarding confidential network decisions might differ from what is said in private. Just sayin'.
Yeah, I know, but Big Orange got me all rowled up. :oops:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fuck! PLEASE LET T:SCC COME BACK! I need mein Robot Rivers! Please! Fox Fuhrers, show mercy! I can't lose Robot River! I mean, fuck Jayne Reese, fuck Turtle Ellison, fuck 'em all! But Robot River!

(I am very pleased that news of the cancellation is but tenuous and possibly false.)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Thanas wrote: Spoiler
I'm not entirely certain about this.
Spoiler
The previews for "Born to Run" show Cameron's face getting mangled by gunfire. The "bedtime" pic of Cameron and John, however, shows no damage to her face. That either means it takes place first, or it takes place a significant time after her shotgun rampage.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Spoiler
She heals fast....
------------
------------
My LPs
Paradox
Youngling

Post by Paradox »

Thanas wrote:Spoiler
She heals fast....
Spoiler
My DVR cuts out for a few seconds between TSCC and Dollhouse, so I missed that part of the preview, you guys sure they arn't reusing the scene from Season 1 where John pulls her chip and is next to her in bed when he puts it back in?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Paradox wrote:
Thanas wrote:Spoiler
She heals fast....
Spoiler
My DVR cuts out for a few seconds between TSCC and Dollhouse, so I missed that part of the preview, you guys sure they arn't reusing the scene from Season 1 where John pulls her chip and is next to her in bed when he puts it back in?
Spoiler
Pretty sure actually, because they sure as hell weren't lying on top of each other in that episode.
------------
------------
My LPs