Gundam 00 - Second Season.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

ZShade
Jedi Knight

Re: Gundam 00 - Second Season.

Post by ZShade »

Ford Prefect wrote:MOST AMAZINGLY GOOD END EVER
I am really starting to believe that not even an Amuro/Char teamup could kill him.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

You have got to be fucking kidding me! A fifteen minute fight followed by a huge ass coda. I fucking lolled at RIBBONZ CANNON and its silly transformation into Ribbonz Gundam. I must admit some of the classic Amuro moments made me giggle, but man once Exia and the O Gundam started to rumble, it seemed symbolic of point where the franchise has gotten so out of touch that its fighting itself. And don't think I didn't see all those goddamn Innovators at the end! Doesn't anyone care that there's a bunch of fucking freaky haired people running around? And even the awesomeness of Patrick and Kati's marriage, it still can't eclipse the fact that ANDREI IS STILL ALIVE! And fuck Lyle for trying to play dead. I can't even be fucking rid of this show until the movie. Fucking Sunrise. Fucking Bandai. Macross F was rushed as shit and didn't fuck up this much.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Hmmm...the second season being a convulated mess that resolves nearly nothing except what it hamfists with the skill of a 16 year old virgin trying to fuck his blow up doll. Maybe Sunrise's next try won't be a good first, a pitiful second season. But that would make the fanboy's heads explode...so nah.

Really, I amazed how bad and flailing this series became, and I thought they weren't going to top Geass in my eyes.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

This.

If this isn't symbolic of what Gundam is doing to itself, I don't know what is. The RX-78 is like a fucking specter of death over the whole goddamn franchise. And they're going to build a full sized statue of the thing to represent HOPE AND DREAMS.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

VF5SS wrote:This.

If this isn't symbolic of what Gundam is doing to itself, I don't know what is. The RX-78 is like a fucking specter of death over the whole goddamn franchise. And they're going to build a full sized statue of the thing to represent HOPE AND DREAMS.
HOLY SHIT...that is fucking awesome in it's stupidity and hubris.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

You don't understand, there's enough merchandise of the RX-78-2 that its practically idolatry. There's already a full sized Gundam laying down at some Bandai museum so it's not totally far fetched. Also the Gundam is only about the size of an F-15 standing on its tail. Think of it as the ultimate Gunpla!
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

VF5SS wrote:You don't understand, there's enough merchandise of the RX-78-2 that its practically idolatry. There's already a full sized Gundam laying down at some Bandai museum so it's not totally far fetched. Also the Gundam is only about the size of an F-15 standing on its tail. Think of it as the ultimate Gunpla!
No, I do understand that. That is why I commented stupidity and hubris :P . My bit is the same feeling I had with Blizzard and their overgrown statues, and DC/WB with their love of Batman(Well before Dark Knight) and the rest. Though I will give the RX-78-2 looks a shitload nicer :) .

Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

Did lots of third string characters nobody ever really cared about and half of whom have never even heard of much less see each other all meet up for a wedding photo? It still has to top that to be as bad/worse than Geass.
Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

There's already a full sized Gundam laying down at some Bandai museum so it's not totally far fetched. Also the Gundam is only about the size of an F-15 standing on its tail.

The RX-78 has some big feet...
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

The overly-long epilogue was hella confusing. Why was Anew suddenly alive again? Who was it that comitted suicide in the Ridiculously Japanese Room? Couldn't have been Graham, he was looming in the background (Sans scar!) behind Billy.

Until it descended into more UC wanking, I enjoed the last fight. Lockon was pretty awesome taking out a Gadessa i such a damaged suit, and DOUBLELLUJAH is always great, even if there was NO REASON behind him appearing. Ribbons Gundam was pretty silly though.

The shot of Jupiter at the end was interesting, given the promise of the "dialogues to come" combined with the fact that's where the Gundams were developed. Probably nothing though.

Is the film just going to be a compilation/recap or is a continuation?
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:The overly-long epilogue was hella confusing. Why was Anew suddenly alive again?

Think 'Cylon sleeper agents', I guess.
Who was it that comitted suicide in the Ridiculously Japanese Room?
Probably Homer Katagiri, Billy's uncle and the head of A-LAWS.
Is the film just going to be a compilation/recap or is a continuation?
Almost certainly going to be a continuation.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Ford Prefect wrote: Think 'Cylon sleeper agents', I guess.
That makes no sense and don't even pretend it does.
Probably Homer Katagiri, Billy's uncle and the head of A-LAWS.
Ah, that fits, since the new president was talking about A-LAWS when it cut to the dead guy.
Almost certainly going to be a continuation.
Cool. Come to think of it, didn't one of the SEED mangas have space-whales or something living in Jupiter's atmosphere?

Also: Look in the bottom right, it's Char and Amuro!
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:That makes no sense and don't even pretend it does.
Hey man, don't be shooting them essenger. :)
Cool. Come to think of it, didn't one of the SEED mangas have space-whales or something living in Jupiter's atmosphere?
They were present in SEED, too. The PLANT Supreme Council had a full sized fossil outside their meeting room and Andy 'I made a quarter of this show worthwhile but I really should have stayed dead like Ramba Ral' Waltfeld had a minature version, and talks about them to Kira. I had the impression that were going to be part of what informed the formation of PLANT/ZAFT, but Fukuda more or less said that he put them in for no reason.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

There's some talk about something from 00F that reveals VEDA has two types of Innovators. Some are pilot types like Ribbonz and his crew, while others are terminals that merely live within the population and relay information. Of course none of this is hinted at in the show, just like a lot of things this season.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Ford Prefect wrote: They were present in SEED, too. The PLANT Supreme Council had a full sized fossil outside their meeting room and Andy 'I made a quarter of this show worthwhile but I really should have stayed dead like Ramba Ral' Waltfeld had a minature version, and talks about them to Kira. I had the impression that were going to be part of what informed the formation of PLANT/ZAFT, but Fukuda more or less said that he put them in for no reason.
Huh, I completely forgot about that, for some reason I thought they were exclusively a manga thing. Probably because I haven't watched SEED in ages...
VF5SS wrote:There's some talk about something from 00F that reveals VEDA has two types of Innovators. Some are pilot types like Ribbonz and his crew, while others are terminals that merely live within the population and relay information. Of course none of this is hinted at in the show, just like a lot of things this season.
Kinda weird that they'd just stick in it at the end like that though. Maybe it'll play into what happens in the movie? Hope we get an actual on-screen explanation so we're not forced to rely on The Magical Adventures of Fon Spark.
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Manus Celer Dei wrote: The Magical Adventures of Fon Spark.
That's one of the funniest things I've read today. 00 already included that blond doctor guy who was from the manga so I guess there's sort of a precedent. Also we knew that Ribbonz was the pilot of the O Gundam from the novel way before it was ever revealed in the show.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

VF5SS wrote:There's some talk about something from 00F that reveals VEDA has two types of Innovators. Some are pilot types like Ribbonz and his crew, while others are terminals that merely live within the population and relay information. Of course none of this is hinted at in the show, just like a lot of things this season.
That's also the one that revealed Virtue Physical Type.

From the ending it looks like we'll be getting Twindrive spam.
Also adding to the "Yay, he's alive!" call for Patrick.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

avatarxprime wrote:From the ending it looks like we'll be getting Twindrive spam.
How so?

Hell, I don't think there's even enough drives for Twindrive to be spammed. Even assuming that Exia, Arios and Cherudim's drives are all intact, the drive in 0 was well skewered by Setsuna's sword, and Seraphim's drive was likely destroyed at the end of #24, judging from the angle the shot hit it and the fact it pierced straight through. That's only three true GN drives remaining, so unless they get it working with the Tau GN drives they can't exactly spam it.

I think the more interesting question is since Tiera is busy being Motoko Kusanagi and Allelujah is off backpacking whether they'll just rebuild 00 and repair Cherudim, or stick to Exia and give Arios - or a new Gundam - to Lasse.
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
avatarxprime wrote:From the ending it looks like we'll be getting Twindrive spam.
How so?

Hell, I don't think there's even enough drives for Twindrive to be spammed. Even assuming that Exia, Arios and Cherudim's drives are all intact, the drive in 0 was well skewered by Setsuna's sword, and Seraphim's drive was likely destroyed at the end of #24, judging from the angle the shot hit it and the fact it pierced straight through. That's only three true GN drives remaining, so unless they get it working with the Tau GN drives they can't exactly spam it.
Look at the end when they show the shot of Jupiter. There are 5 GN lights present, 4 around the planet and 1 "on" the planet. So either all 5 true drives survived the events of the battle and have been put into rebuilt into Gundams or someone is making new drives to generate that light. Since Jupiter is where you need to go to make new GN drives it makes sense that they are building more so they can turn the Meisters into Innovators and then use Trans-Am Burst Mode to do the same to the world (most likely the plot of the movie).
Manus Celer Dei wrote:I think the more interesting question is since Tiera is busy being Motoko Kusanagi and Allelujah is off backpacking whether they'll just rebuild 00 and repair Cherudim, or stick to Exia and give Arios - or a new Gundam - to Lasse.
I would like to see Lasse as a Meister, but then we're still left needing a new pilot for Ptolemy. Then again, now that they have Veda back maybe they will just create Innovedos to handle any tasks that need doing. Anew was good at piloting and could work as a gunner too. We've already seen that Innovedos are still around, maybe they are Celestial Being's again.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Screw Lasse, I want this guy! Gundam 00 needs more of Fon and his perpetually off screen gang.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Of the four meister positions at CB I see Tieria's being most likely open, if Seraphim's drive is still intact. Or they could just make an Arios TDS just to make up all the abuse Alle's gotten from sitting in a chair in 4 years and a split-personality girlfriend. :D
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

VF5SS wrote:Screw Lasse, I want this guy! Gundam 00 needs more of Fon and his perpetually off screen gang.
Well that depends, does Fon still think that Setsuna sucks as a pilot? I mean the man take on Ali and should they make him an Innovator I think Sestuna might have some problems controlling him.