Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

holy shit!
watching ep now on youtube.
Did the Quarter just barrier-shank battle galaxy?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

And you guys kept complaining about the transforming battle ships. :< Now you see why they transform. How else can they engage in hand-to-hand combat?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Hey, maybe the movie could have a nice timeskip and we'd end up with a less loli and bustier Ranka... Ranshe wasn't that bad at all.
Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

Ypoknons wrote:Some fans are pissed the Love Triangle was left open. Maybe they should just imagine that Alto died in 24 and Luca became the pimp. :)
Those fans can go to hell, Alto could end up with Bobby for all I care. The episode featured Battle Frontier punching Battle Galaxy to death. Anybody who doesn't think the episode is awesome because of that has messed up priorities.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

SO SAY WE ALL.

Uh.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That was ludicrously badass. From the moment that Ranka and Sheryl started their duet medley, it was just one thing after another. The Monster crashlanding and shooting Galaxy in the head, the Quarter DAEDELUS ATTACKING the Galaxy's main gun, the Frontier gut punching the Galaxy nearly in half, Alto dual-wielding his gunpod and Mikhail's sniper pod, him and Brerra charging right into Grace's face, doing the unreasonably cool eye-targeting thing (Ozma Approved) to missile spam decapitate Grace's beastie, then finally obliterating Grace with the sniper pod.

Holy shit.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

One of the best space battles ever? Quite possibly. It's up there, definitely.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

For those who want to see the epic tag team of Frontier and Quarter again. Notice that Frontier's entire front was covered in pinpoint barriers. And I love Canaria, the true Monster Girl.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Darksider wrote:...seems to indicate that he's gone for the Tenchi solution
I love how there's an ad for a Muslim Matrimonial site on a page dealing with possible polygamy, like the end of this ep hints at. :P
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

So is there a name for this Quarter/Battle Frontier 1-2 sucker punch? A move like that deserves a name.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

And now I need new pants.....
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Also, though Starship Troopers was mentioned in regard to the Vajra, the resolution of the conflict actually brought to mind more shades of The Forever War. Though that wasn't a Bug War, it did end for much the same reason.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The whole of the series was meh to decent, though I will admit the last two episodes gave it a nice envelope push of constant explosions. Though I really wanted more characters, maybe not Zeta levels, but...someone more then the goober in episode 20.

As for resolution of the LUV TRAGLE!...really, with the whole jewelry giving and that Ranka finally goes that she'll try harder, it wasn't being resolved and we still need useless fluff for the movie.

In the end though the final episode is everything Macross represents. Love, song, giant punching robots, and bright technicolor death.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

What the hell? Ghost Rider was watching Macross Frontier? When did this happen? :lol:
So is there a name for this Quarter/Battle Frontier 1-2 sucker punch? A move like that deserves a name.
DOUBLE THE FIST.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Holy crap! That was bloody awesome. My son and I were cheering throughout the entire episode! Quarter to the rescue! The Battle Galaxy revelation! The Vajra switching sides! Brera gets loose! The Quarter-Battle Frontier 1 2 sucker punch! Grace right in Alto's sights using Michael's sniper rifle!

Challenge my ass! Ranka and Sheryl should have made out right there on the meadow before the end.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Ford Prefect wrote:What the hell? Ghost Rider was watching Macross Frontier? When did this happen?
I know I know... And he's dissing Micheal!
DOUBLE THE FIST.
lol I've only ever seen two episodes of that.

But it seems apt.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

So what are the dim chances of Macross Frontier getting licensed for a US release? :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So what are the dim chances of Macross Frontier getting licensed for a US release? :)
Depends.

Has harmony gold stopped being a bunch of jackasses?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ford Prefect wrote:What the hell? Ghost Rider was watching Macross Frontier? When did this happen? :lol:
I just enjoying waiting until a series has a conclusion before talking, because after the many years I am amazed how much "You THOUGHT that person/thing/fruit DIED!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FOOLS!" are done at penultimate chapters, that I've become rather blaise about death. So when all the quadruple crosses and "I gots better" are out of the way I can comment better :P .
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So what are the dim chances of Macross Frontier getting licensed for a US release? :)
The same chance as the sky turning purple over Omaha today at 5 PM GMT.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I'm still catching my breath. I need to watch it again just to process it all.

What was the significance of showing Macross 11? Has it ever been featured in any previous stories?
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Well apparently it's where the Zomeo and Zoliett story takes place and is an English speaking fleet. It is also where Fire Bomber American is based with their manager, Lynn Kaifun. So even in the future, Kaifun is being a dick.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Cut through the sarcasm and no, it hasn't, and the significance was nothing other than VAJRA ARE EVERYWHERE!

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

That was awesome. Ranka saving Sheryl from death was a tad contrived but the rest had me wearing my buttocks as a hat! I love the way the songs sorta intermingled bringing in all of Macross in a way. I wish the love triangle had been resolved but what can you do, maybe Alto just scored himself a lifetime of threesomes. :P
Image[
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Well, I appear to have blown out my "HOLY FUCK!" meter, does anyone have a spare lying around?

Seriously, that episode is just pure awesome. Also, I do believe that now both Sheryl and Ranka can safely pass on the V-Type Virus to their children, thus making them natural communicators with the Vajra, them having children could become a major government policy.

Officially mandated threesomes for Alto!
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Yeah, I think those who say the triangle wasn't resolved are just overly blinkered. The Princess belongs to the People.