Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Darksider wrote:Some poor bastard on another forum just said that the assault on the vajira homeworld going south reminds him of the assault on reflex point from the end of Robotech.

I doubt there will be much left of him once the rabid macross fanboys are done ripping him apart.
Well, everyone knows that the Vajra are a ripoff of the Invid. :)
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Oh THERE YOU GO again :P

I still stand by my other call: Alto and Micheal will come flying out of nowhere in VF-19s and fuck everyone's shit up, ROSWELL STYLE.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Galvatron wrote: Well, everyone knows that the Vajra are a ripoff of the Invid. :)
Macross fans and the few Robotech fans on this board have forged a tenuous peace.

Do you WANT to start a war?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

tim31 wrote:I still stand by my other call: Shin Kudo, Alto and Micheal will come flying out of nowhere in VF-19s and fuck everyone's shit up, ROSWELL STYLE.
Fixed that for me.

:D
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Darksider wrote:Some poor bastard on another forum just said that the assault on the vajira homeworld going south reminds him of the assault on reflex point from the end of Robotech.
I think it'd be easier to say that all real robot anime ripoffs off Starship Troopers because everyone in the real robot business is required to read that book. If any anime boils down to a Bug War, then it's just ripping off Starship Troopers. The book was published in Japan in 1967 and in 1978, it had a release with Power Suit designs by Macross designer Miyatake. Lots of sci-fi nerds in Japan read the book and Shinji Aramaki, co-creator of Mospeada also read it and clearly he has a power suit fetish. See MADOX-01 and the artwork he did for the Starship Troopers OVA.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

Dont forget the AD police powered armor in Bubblegum Crisis also.
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

I was trawling through the linked videos on MW forums and thought we all might need a to remember two things:

Macross is made in Japan, and thusly some things contained within it will never be fully understood.

Second, some of you may be secretly(or not so secretly, *cough*) hoping to see Micheal miraculously return in ep 25. It's not off the cards

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

tim31 wrote:Second, some of you may be secretly(or not so secretly, *cough*) hoping to see Micheal miraculously return in ep 25. It's not off the cards
My wife is asking what the hell's the matter with me since I haven't stopped laughing at that for the last minute or so.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Yep, things sure don't work out the way you'd hope.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I want that Esbeliben-Reguld costume.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Ford Prefect wrote:
VF5SS wrote:And I hope someone gets punched in the face with a carrier sized fist. Battle Frontier PAAANCH!
Seriously, there is an unfortunate lack of Daedelus Attacks since Macross Plus. Seriously, at lest one of the Macross ships should do it. I'd even settle for Quarter face punching Frontier/Galaxy.
This is a dirty faced lie on my part, and someone should have told me that there is at least one NUNS pilot badass enough to DAEDELUS PUNCH a Vajra to death. 'Those tricks won't work any more!' Diamond Squadron gooooo!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Basara used that movie quite frequently. He called it PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! The VF-25 is a little different. It's all about maneuvering for a pinpoint barrier shank.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Didn't a 171 pinpoint barrier punch a Vajra to death in ep13?
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

VF5SS wrote:Basara used that movie quite frequently. He called it PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! The VF-25 is a little different. It's all about maneuvering for a pinpoint barrier shank.
Don't you mean gamlin? I thought all Basara did was dance around in place because he didn't want to kill anybody (fucking pussy)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

VF5SS wrote:Basara used that movie quite frequently. He called it PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! The VF-25 is a little different. It's all about maneuvering for a pinpoint barrier shank.
I can't believe it took me so long to work out that the Messiah's knives were using pin point barriers.
Didn't a 171 pinpoint barrier punch a Vajra to death in ep13?
Episode 14, which I just recently watched (yeah, I'm behind). It was totally awesome. In one minute, NUNS totally redeemed themselves.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Darksider wrote:
Don't you mean gamlin? I thought all Basara did was dance around in place because he didn't want to kill anybody (fucking pussy)
No, Basara is the one who used and even named the Pinpoint Barrier Punch. The VF-17 doesn't even have pinpoint barriers. And besides, Gamlin mostly used that beam adapter for his gunpod. Also Basara's Valkyrie is armed and he has used missiles on occasion.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

A few more hours and it's all over... *sigh*

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

VF5SS wrote: No, Basara is the one who used and even named the Pinpoint Barrier Punch. The VF-17 doesn't even have pinpoint barriers. And besides, Gamlin mostly used that beam adapter for his gunpod. Also Basara's Valkyrie is armed and he has used missiles on occasion.
He used them once and spent a good episode or so angsting over it.

Also angsted when Mylene used them when she flew his Valkyrie for a bit.

Emerald force used their missiles more often.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Just watched it.

NERDGASM!

-Daedelus Attack
-Ghost fighter swarm
-Itano Circus galore
-COMEUPPANCE![/list]

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

That was damn fine, and it even had what I wanted, Battle fisticuffs. And plus, there seems to be a Frontier movie in the works as well. I hope it's a continuation, and not an alternate retelling.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I came.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

VF5SS wrote:I came.
no one here needed to know that.
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Some fans are pissed the Love Triangle was left open. Maybe they should just imagine that Alto died in 24 and Luca became the pimp. :)
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Judging from the last image (at least i think it's the last shot, someone *glares at VF5SS* set me up with a torrent site that doesn't have it) seems to indicate that he's gone for the Tenchi solution[/url]