Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The actual Macross being In The Wrong Place might have been cool, but it would also have been major Fridge Logic. I mean it's not like it's all inconspicuous in Lake Global, someone would miss it.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

"Hey, guys, do you notice something different about Lake Global?"

:lol:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Vendetta wrote:The actual Macross being In The Wrong Place might have been cool, but it would also have been major Fridge Logic. I mean it's not like it's all inconspicuous in Lake Global, someone would miss it.
Quite possibly including the people who work on the SDF in its role as C3I centre for Earth, unless that role got parted out somewhat following the events of Macross Plus.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Ah, the SDF-4 Global, eh? That mystery turned out to be small... but the plot has taken a big turn, that's for sure. I'm glad the 33rd had the chance to hear Ranka live before they died.

:D
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I can't decide what's best; shirtless Alto, weaponized fold drives or VF5SS being wrong. Image
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

tim31 wrote:Ha, how does that humble pie taste?
Much like the coffee of Uodoo, it is bitter.

And don't be talkin' bout shirtless Alto. That boy has a six-pack AND BEAUTIFUL HAIR!
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Beautiful, beautiful hair. And cheekbones chiselled carefully from porcelein.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Alto is obviously a triumph of character design. He's unspeakably pretty, Tsundere as they come, and still no-one hates him for it.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I give him a pass I don't for most bish characters because instead of endless fawning over how great he looks his friends keep giving him shit about it. :)
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

He's so manly. Look at him! He's got his gun in one hand and his woman in the other. I don't care if he used to dress up as the prettiest princess, he's still manlier than Shaft.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Finally watched a subbed episode 13, the last five minutes was off the fucking shop! Grace is... Jesus.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Apparently there's a Macross Frontier novel. It reveals Alto's name in kanji and the fact that Michel is a damn dirty space kangaroo. I guess all those people wondering where the Zolans were in all of this got their answer. Does that mean he's gonna sprout blond arm hair?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I do believe that one of the bridge bunnies on the Quarter is an alien too, and not of the Meltran variety (the one with the dark eyes). Zolans are from the Macross 7 movie, right? Please tell me they're descended from the Protoculture as well. "Convergent evolution" cannot explain Star Trek aliens.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Wait, what? Great. Just when you think you've safely assumed a character is of european extraction, they turn out to be a furrie.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

You mean the elf ears weren't a clue? Leaving aside the fact that by now full-blooded Terrans must be increasingly rare, it was always clear that he wasn't one.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Darth Raptor wrote:You mean the elf ears weren't a clue? Leaving aside the fact that by now full-blooded Terrans must be increasingly rare, it was always clear that he wasn't one.
Quite frankly I'd been assuming he was part Zentradei.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Yeah, I'd thought that he had a little Zentradei in him(make your own joke out of that).

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Darth Raptor wrote:I do believe that one of the bridge bunnies on the Quarter is an alien too, and not of the Meltran variety (the one with the dark eyes). Zolans are from the Macross 7 movie, right? Please tell me they're descended from the Protoculture as well. "Convergent evolution" cannot explain Star Trek aliens.
Yes the Zolans are another race that the Protoculture messed with. The planet itself is like space Australia. Macross Dynamite 7 takes place on Zola. Most of the males have really hairy forearms so I hope Michel doesn't inherit that trait. His sister had pretty big ears though. Plus the Zolans had their own space patrol that used VF-5000s. They even get a VF-19 at the end of the OVA.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:He's so manly. Look at him! He's got his gun in one hand and his woman in the other. I don't care if he used to dress up as the prettiest princess, he's still manlier than Shaft.
He's no Quattro nor Kamina.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Commander 598 wrote: He's no Quattro...
I have yet to see Alto dress in a sleeveless red leather vest complete with gloves and white tights. Not to mention the little red booties. In fact, the SMS uniform is pretty classy.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Commander 598
Jedi Knight

Post by Commander 598 »

There were no tights and it was the 80s. :colbert:
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

In this episode we see the NUNS return to their roots and employ the tried and true tactic of NUKING EVERY FUCKING THING THEY CAN! Also the VF-171 has PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! I think I also heard the VF-171 team being called Diamond Squadron. Gamlin's legacy lives on. Overall this episode was great except for the fact that BATTLE 25 ONLY GOT A CAMEO!

raaage
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

VF5SS wrote:In this episode we see the NUNS return to their roots and employ the tried and true tactic of NUKING EVERY FUCKING THING THEY CAN! Also the VF-171 has PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! I think I also heard the VF-171 team being called Diamond Squadron. Gamlin's legacy lives on. Overall this episode was great except for the fact that BATTLE 25 ONLY GOT A CAMEO!

raaage
You know, I've been wondering whether the VF-25 has a pinpoint barrier system. Seems odd that they'd take this feature out of a fighter that's supposed to have equal/slightly superior performance to the VF-19 and VF-22. But I don't think I've ever seen the trademark energy ripple effect whenever a 25 has blocked shots with its forearm shield.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Grasscutter wrote: You know, I've been wondering whether the VF-25 has a pinpoint barrier system. Seems odd that they'd take this feature out of a fighter that's supposed to have equal/slightly superior performance to the VF-19 and VF-22. But I don't think I've ever seen the trademark energy ripple effect whenever a 25 has blocked shots with its forearm shield.
Considering the pinpoint barriers have been seen in every New UN Spacy fighter since the VF-19, have been demonstrated in the 171, I'd say it's likely. I'll need to go over some scenes to try and spot it -- the 25 tends to use that vibro-knife for close combat instead of a barrier-punch though, and it might lack the barrier system for decreased weight/increased performance as a mass-production unit to compete with/replace the 171. I'll need to look close at the HD scenes of any shield-blocked shots.
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

VF5SS wrote:In this episode we see the NUNS return to their roots and employ the tried and true tactic of NUKING EVERY FUCKING THING THEY CAN! Also the VF-171 has PINPOINT BARRIER PUNCH! I think I also heard the VF-171 team being called Diamond Squadron. Gamlin's legacy lives on. Overall this episode was great except for the fact that BATTLE 25 ONLY GOT A CAMEO!
I laughed so hard at that scene. :lol: I wonder why he punched instead of shooting it - bullets do fine against yellows.

I'm a bit disappointed the main Vajra ship didn't turn out to be that tough - the Quarter took it out with one hit. But then there's so many awesome little things about this episode - like the Iteza ☆ Gogo Kuji Don’t be late remix.