Macross F (Frontier) information and preview video.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Shiny.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:Shiny.
I'd be more impressed if I thought it would get a u.s. release.

Does anyone know a good place to get import games?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Darksider wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Shiny.
I'd be more impressed if I thought it would get a u.s. release.

Does anyone know a good place to get import games?
Play Asia is one of the more well known importers since Lik-Sang has gone out of business.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Also, PSP games are not region locked.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Vendetta wrote:Also, PSP games are not region locked.
They aren't?

That surprises me.

Wasn't it sony who pretty much started the main-stream region-encoding?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Darksider wrote:
They aren't?

That surprises me.

Wasn't it sony who pretty much started the main-stream region-encoding?
The only thing that's region-locked is movie UMDs, which is a decision up to the individual publisher. I think Sony saw the direction Nintendo was heading with region-free DS games and decided to see if it worked for them, but there's no "official" reason given for the decision that I'm aware of.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Episode 11 was about boys kissing and Alto's father being a dick again. Also more of the monorail squirrel being a cutie-pie. The next episode features some guy who looks like Kamjin (THE ALLY KILLER).
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Scary!

So wait, was the entire Zentradi Army incorporated into the NUN? Or is this 33rd Marine part of the faction that defected but couldn't adapt?
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I think it's a fleet that just couldn't adapt. The dialog between Klan and Cathy seemed to indicate that their a rowdy bunch who will use any excuse to riot.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Well, this episode was fanservicey, and big decisiony, but it looks like next episode is back to awesome action.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

VF5SS wrote:Also more of the monorail squirrel being a cutie-pie.
So... Do you have thoughts on what it is, and why it's attracted to Ranka? :wink:
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

tim31 wrote:
So... Do you have thoughts on what it is, and why it's attracted to Ranka? :wink:
If you say baby Varja, i'm gonna be pissed

It's probably related to these critters from Dynamite 7. See
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Ranka's Pokémon will evolve into a Vajra when it gains enough levels. Then Ranka and her good Vajra will battle the evil Vajra.

Oh yes they will.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I hate you so damn much right now. Sometimes a monorail squirrel is just a monorail squirrel. Where does this baby Varja shit come from anyway? No one thought Gubaba was a bleedin' Protodevilin.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was following her because it wanted to get nasty with her mobile phone.

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

tim31 wrote:Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was following her because it wanted to get nasty with her mobile phone.
NYAN! NYAN!
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

VF5SS wrote:Macross PSP game. It's made by the guys who did Gundam Battle Chronicle so expect a lot of Valkyries and lots of stuff to do.
I loved Gundam Battle Chronicle. Despite the complexities of the UC universe - transforming, huge mecha and a long time period with lots of mobile suits - it worked and was fun.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:I think it's a fleet that just couldn't adapt. The dialog between Klan and Cathy seemed to indicate that their a rowdy bunch who will use any excuse to riot.
So they're a fleet of exclusively Nupetiet-Vergnitzs battleships? No other classes??
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Looks that way based on this episode, but the next one might reveal more, based on what we saw in the preview. A whole fleet of command ships?? !!

PRFYNAFBTFC
ImageImage
Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

Galvatron wrote:
VF5SS wrote:I think it's a fleet that just couldn't adapt. The dialog between Klan and Cathy seemed to indicate that their a rowdy bunch who will use any excuse to riot.
So they're a fleet of exclusively Nupetiet-Vergnitzs battleships? No other classes??
If the vast majority of the Zentraedi who ally with humanity end up on human-built ships as a sign of unity, there's a whole bunch of mothballed Zentraedi fleets out there. The Nupetiets might have been the only ships of out of those fleets worth keeping active. Either that or the 33rd asked for just Nupetiets exclusively because they have compensation issues :D .
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Do you honestly care what kind of ships they have? To a Zentradi the only difference is this one has guns, this one has missiles, this one has MORE guns, and this one has more guns than crew.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:Do you honestly care what kind of ships they have?
Of course. I also want to know if they're intended to be the original Nupetiet-Vergnitzs or the Neo version. Because I just wuv happy-happy Macross!
VF5SS wrote:To a Zentradi the only difference is this one has guns, this one has missiles, this one has MORE guns, and this one has more guns than crew.
And the vast majority of their fleet used to be Thurval-Salan battleships. What changed?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Galvatron wrote: So they're a fleet of exclusively Nupetiet-Vergnitzs battleships? No other classes??
Depends what the automated factories have been churning out, I suppose. Zentradi weren't big on designing stuff, and these are the most traditional fundamentalist Zentradi.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'll be honest here. If I was a Zentraedi, and I'm nto saying that I am, if I had a choice, I'd be cruising in a Nupetiet-Vergnitzs.

Seriously, the UN must be giddy when it comes to that sort of thing. The number of Zentraedi and Zentraedi ships available would be awesome for a fledgling space government. I mean, the Macross was enormous. Everyone was tripping out about it. Then along comes Breetai and even his medium scale ships of the line are bigger.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

You know Zentradi can have a lot of ships per fleet. If Britai's main fleet can have 1213 capital ships out of a main fleet of 4 million, I doubt the handful of ships you saw in that one shot we're indicative of the total fleet.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。