Gundam 00: The Stupid, It Burns

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Is 'Gundam 00' entertaining?

Yes
33%
No
22%
I've yet to see it
45%

Total votes: 64

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

ZShade wrote:Hmm, how old is Wan, anyway?
Seventeen, much to Alejandro's chagrin.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Having just watched episode 10, I've gotta say that Tieria is actually showing some interesting developments. Don't quote me on this, but I'm starting to think he is a she and not in that "lol bishie" way. He's got some crazy techno eyes (Cyborg!) going on when he sheds Virtue's armor in order to change it into Nadel. Nadel is a pretty feminine looking machine, but one thing that stood out was the regret he felt in becoming Nadel. He even regressed in terms of masculinity with his Japanese pronouns going from "ore" to "boku" (lol desu) and then "watashi." So at the very least he's got some serious gender issues.

Oh Vowels-tan, you just keep getting cuter in your rage.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I knew it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

And Hallelujah is so fucking metal. Just watch how he stabs this one Tieren with his grabby shield. Fucking Pile Bunker DEATH.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

It seems like comments on 00 are getting better with time. And Daybreak's Bell sounds better with each listen.
Shadowtraveler
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadowtraveler »

Ford Prefect wrote:But Haro ... does not miss Felt.
Lockon's Haro is actually a bit creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if it told him to start fires or something.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

VF5SS wrote:Having just watched episode 10, I've gotta say that Tieria is actually showing some interesting developments. Don't quote me on this, but I'm starting to think he is a she and not in that "lol bishie" way. He's got some crazy techno eyes (Cyborg!) going on when he sheds Virtue's armor in order to change it into Nadel.
http://www.ohiou.edu/museum/hostnad.htm wrote:In traditional Navajo society nadles sometimes engaged only in pursuits normally deemed appropriate to the gender opposite to the one assigned them at birth, and sometimes they mixed these activities with those considered the proper province of both men and women.
:o
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

So, this is generally following the path of relatively good gundam. However, the first 10 episodes of SEED Destiny also were decent, so lets see if we get a nice 20 episode filler arc of Setsunna whining about how blah-blah artificial angst blah-blah get laid like Kira you dumb bastard!
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

I just finished watching episode 10; and man, Neil must be real lonely since he's the only Meister who isn't screwed in the head.

And any time Tieria bitches that one of the others isn't fit to be a Gundam Meister, they need to play back footage of him crying in Nadleeh.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
Shadowtraveler
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadowtraveler »

ZShade wrote:I just finished watching episode 10; and man, Neil must be real lonely since he's the only Meister who isn't screwed in the head.
The Meisters were clearly chosen for their psychological issues. Just give him time. :D
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

The kind folks at THAT Animeblog were kind enough to provide this.

Seriously, why does Gundam Nadleeh have "hair"? If those are control cables for the Gundam Virtue armor, there must be a way to keep them out of the way. Or is Gundam Nadleeh supposed to be the new Nobel Gundam?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Sidewinder wrote: If those are control cables for the Gundam Virtue armor, there must be a way to keep them out of the way. Or is Gundam Nadleeh supposed to be the new Nobel Gundam?
The cables are connected to the sections of the head armor that eject. Nadleeh is supposeldy Navajo for crossdresser and the dual nature of the Gundam Virtue reflects the now apparent dual nature of Tieria. He was ashamed of Nadleeh and his manner of speech reflects this.

PS that blog is so unfunny. At least grab a raw if you're going to make dumb comments.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I just watched episode ten. It was a pity to see Sergei's brilliance amount to nothing, but at least we have an awesome psychopath. It was funny to see Tiera have his breakdown though. I feel sorry for Sumeragi - it seems to be something of a sore spot for her. And did anyone else think the way Wang was talking about 'perfection' was just mildly creepy?

And iwe are naturally confirmed that Haptism was part of the HRL's Newtype experiments.
What is Project Zohar?

Shadowtraveler
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadowtraveler »

Ford Prefect wrote:And did anyone else think the way Wang was talking about 'perfection' was just mildly creepy?
Of course it was. Wang is mildly creepy. She's a celebrity yet has the more clout in Celestial Being than everyone we know so far. For god's sake, she has her own fucking Bat-computer.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Ford Prefect wrote:I just watched episode ten. It was a pity to see Sergei's brilliance amount to nothing,
Not nothing, he inspired enough wangst to cause half the Gundam Meisters and Sumeragi to break down in tears for having to pull out God Mode to not lose.
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Darwin wrote:Not nothing, he inspired enough wangst to cause half the Gundam Meisters and Sumeragi to break down in tears for having to pull out God Mode to not lose.
And it the first time common mecha have not just been wiped out by a massive burst of sniper and cannon fire from the Gundams. I want to see what happens to Tiera from here and how Lockon will go pyscho :D
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Ypoknons wrote:I want to see what happens to Tiera from here and how Lockon will go pyscho :D
Well given his reaction to the other Meisters messing up Veda's plans, Tierea will most likely try to kill himself.

For Lockon, we're already seeing signs of what its going to be, something will happen in their pursuit of the terrorists and he will snap.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

avatarxprime wrote:For Lockon, we're already seeing signs of what its going to be, something will happen in their pursuit of the terrorists and he will snap.
While going after terrorists gets Lockon all edgy and nasty, any serious stuff in his future will involve his brother, I'm sure.
What is Project Zohar?

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

You know, for an Irishman, Neil hasn't drank nearly enough yet. We need a gundam pilots get smashed scene. I mean, Sumeragi seems to have multiple fully stocked bars on board, it can't be too hard.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

With the big moral choice thing in episode 11, Gundam 00 is really shaping up to be the nBSG of anime.
Ioudas Omnis
Redshirt

Post by Ioudas Omnis »

I pretty much gave up on non-UC Gundam shows after I watched G Gundam, but maybe it was because I was wanting Wing. The way you all are talking, I'll definitely have to look into this one, though.
21Six.net - Where Jesus Files His Taxes
The First Issue - Your Not-Quite-Home For Comic Discussion

My mind is like a jungle that's on fire. And the fire is obviously made of unicorns. And pie. Firemen go to put out the fire, but you can't extinguish the magic that is unicorns, pie, and unicorns made of pie.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Wait, how can anyone actually want more Gundam Wing? Oh wait, that's what got us SEED.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ioudas Omnis
Redshirt

Post by Ioudas Omnis »

VF5SS wrote:Wait, how can anyone actually want more Gundam Wing? Oh wait, that's what got us SEED.
I glanced at SEED and started panicking. I wanted more Wing because I had no idea how to go about getting the manga, and didn't have the money to BUY the series. It was like a bad addiction, and I didn't have a dealer.
21Six.net - Where Jesus Files His Taxes
The First Issue - Your Not-Quite-Home For Comic Discussion

My mind is like a jungle that's on fire. And the fire is obviously made of unicorns. And pie. Firemen go to put out the fire, but you can't extinguish the magic that is unicorns, pie, and unicorns made of pie.