40K Casting Call/Scoring

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Who would want a movie in the POV of aliens? That'd suck!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

All 40K material is presented from an Imperial perspective anyway, so I don't see why a movie, miniseries, or show would be any different.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Natillie Portman with her post V for Vendetta haircut as a sister repentia....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Natillie Portman with her post V for Vendetta haircut as a sister repentia....
Repentia indeed, after that RotS performance...

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hey she was in Leon she's shown that she can be a psycho with lots of guns and knives...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

I think Natalie Portman would make a charming servitor.

And how can we not put four metal studs on Vin Diesel's forehead and call him "Brother Captain"?

Also, Jurgen Prochnow would make a great commissar, as would Lawrence Fishburn. Edward James Olmos could pull off Imperial Guardsmen of just about any rank.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:And how can we not put four metal studs on Vin Diesel's forehead and call him "Brother Captain"?

Also, Jurgen Prochnow would make a great commissar, as would Lawrence Fishburn. Edward James Olmos could pull off Imperial Guardsmen of just about any rank.
Vin Diesel doesn't have the right build, for one thing.

And yes, Fishburne and Olmos are excellent Guard officers. I could definitely see the latter as a general officer.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote: Vin Diesel doesn't have the right build, for one thing.
No one in the fething world has the right build.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Setzer wrote:The good thing about Slaanesh is you can cast pretty much any hot guy or girl as a scantily clad cultist.
Only if the person in question is pretty in an eerily androgynous way. As a matter of fact, I would cast Eve Salvail as a Slaanesh cultist on the basis of her appearance alone.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

NecronLord wrote:I suspect if they ever did make a 40K film, they'd want most of their - usually young - fans watching legally, and so make it really much tamer than that.
Have you watched Final Destination 3 yet? That got a 15 rating with people being burnt alive, body parts smashed and cut up and all sorts of other nastiness which a few years ago would have been made an 18. I believe the standards are such that you could do a very bloody and gory film yet still get a 15.
Ford Prefect wrote:No one in the fething world has the right build.
Micheal Clark Duncan
Paul "Big Show" White (Yes I know, I'm weary about wrestlers and acting as well)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

That Marius chap, who thrashed everyone in that Strong Man competition that was on UK television a few weeks or so ago.

Bald, blunt headed, guy, strips like he's made of iron, contemptously performs feats of strength that make others quail.

My brother and I looked at him and thought, " Space marine, right there."
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Marius Pudinowski (SP?) is actually still way too small to be a Space Marine, he is just rather close in the general proportion. Add two and a half feet and about 600lbs and you would have a Space Marine.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I don't know about you but I can definitely see it... :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

His major problem is he is short (5'10"), and would have to have a lot of CG/special camera angles to make him look like a 7 and a half to 8 foot Space marine. Proportionwise he is perfect, i was just thinking of the technical aspects of filming him.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Really I think they'd have to CG all Space Marines anyway. Not just because of the casting problems but I'm willing to bet that manufacturing a couple dozen suits of power armour that look convincing, have the range of movement needed and don't weigh a ton would cause some problems.
Mind saying that CG'd huminoids always seem to stand out and scream FAKE. COMPUTER.
They just don't seem to blend with the surroundings.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Oh, that they would be largely CGI is a given, really...

The idea is: don't use these bodybuilders or whatever around ordinary humans out of their armour. They're practically never out of it anyway; instead, do what they did with Temura Morrison for RotS, and put a blue jumpsuit on them, leaving only the head uncovered. Use visual tricks a la Lord of the Rings films to increase their apparent 'size', and then CG in the armour around them. Poof, they're there.

As for that guy I posted: Imagine him as a Marines trainee, stretched out on the table in the apothecarium as they install the power armour interfaces through Black Carapace'd skin... now, the servitors and techpriests, they're actually shorter than regular humans and proportionally smaller. But that's not what we see... we see a giant there on that table, because everything else is on the scale of the servitors/techpriests...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Obviously the guy is a touch short, but there literally is no-one on the planet who would be able to play one without some CGI/padding stuff.

Although the Inquisitor collection of short videos was cool to watch :D

I think that Marius guy is cool, if only for the fact that most of the others are big fat gits, and he kicks the shite out of them while grinning madly.

Space Wolf incarnated..
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Hmmm... Harrison Ford as some kind of cultist? Maybe even a Machine Priest?

And of course, you have to have someone as a squat. All hail the Squats!
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:I think Natalie Portman would make a charming servitor.

And how can we not put four metal studs on Vin Diesel's forehead and call him "Brother Captain"?

Daniel Day Lewis as Gregor Eisenhorn.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I actually think you could cast ANYONE as a Space Marine, and then create the sets, costumes (that bulky armor makes it especially easy) and cast other characters to make the stars look a fuckload bigger than they really are.

Worked in Lord of the Rings in reverse with the Hobbits and that big fucking guy who they cast convincingly as a dwarf.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Final Liberation had a decent looking ultramarine captain. Not film quality, but he was sufficiently big and massive.

And yes, anyone could play a convincing marine. They have their very personalities psycho-conditioned away in some chapters, even.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Peregrin Toker wrote: Only if the person in question is pretty in an eerily androgynous way. As a matter of fact, I would cast Eve Salvail as a Slaanesh cultist on the basis of her appearance alone.
I take it you've never seen a Daemonette then.

And I was wrong. There really is a man with the build (if not the height) to play a Space Marine. I'm impressed.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.