Favorite Scifi Monologues

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Susan Ivanova wrote:"Who am I? I'm Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you're ever going to see. God sent me."

For some reason I've never liked that one. I don't know if it's because or her delivery or what but I always find it cringe inducing every time I hear it. I actually get embarassed for the show.

I think it's a bit over done in that she crams "right hand of vengence", kicking ass, "death incarnate" plus more stuff before ending with "God sent me". It's just too much for me. Still a great episode though. :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

The President of the Commonwealth (I-War) made a nice one in the game's opening movie:

"Listen, and listen well, my friend. We don't need decorated, we don't need senior, well educated or well connected. This is a war. What we need are results. Now, tell me, which serving officer has had the most kills?"

A politician who means business. That's something.

Oh, and greetings from the military. Six weeks behind, God knows how many ahead!
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

Naomi Hunter wrote:Each person is born with their fate written into their own genetic code... it's unchangeable, immutable... But that's not all there is to life. I finally realized that. I told you before. The reason that I was interested in genes and DNA. Because I wanted to know who I was... where I came from. I thought that if I analyzed my DNA I could find out who I was, who my parents were. And I thought that if I knew that, then I'd know what path I should take in life.

But I was wrong. I didn't find anything. I didn't learn anything. Just like with the Genome Soldiers... you can input all the genetic information, but that doesn't make them into the strongest soldiers. The most we can say about DNA is that it governs a person's potential strengths... potential destiny. You mustn't allow yourself to be chained to fate... to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of life they want to live.

Snake, whether or not you're in the FoxDie program isn't important. The important thing is that you choose life... And then live! Don't you think, Snake?

Don't worry. I'm going to choose life too. Until today, I've always looked for a reason to live. But from here on, I'm going to just live.

Genes exist to pass down our hopes and dreams for the future through our children. Living is a link to the future. That's how all life works. Loving each other, teaching each other... that's how we can change the world. I finally realized it. The true meaning of life... Thank you, Snake.
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

And, in a similar Metal Gear vein......
Liquid Snake wrote:It was his dying wish! When he was young, during the Cold War, the world needed men like us. We were valued then. We were desired. But things... are different now. With all the liars and hypocrites running the world, war isn't what it used to be... We're losing our place in a world that no longer needs us. A world that now spurns our very existence. You should know that as well as I do. After I launch this weapon and get our billion dollars, we'll be able to bring chaos and honor... back to this world gone soft. Conflict will breed conflict, new hatreds will arise. Then! ...we'll steadily expand our sphere of influence.
[/quote]
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

I almost forgot one of my favorite quotes

"Come quietly or there will be.....trouble."

Best line of all the RoboCop movies (although as far as I am concerned, there was only the first movie.)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Vilos Cohaagen said:
Who gives a shit what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for corn flakes. I didn't want it to end this way, I wanted Hauser back, but nooo, you had to be Quaid.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Mesogog from Dino Thunder:

"There's that wit again. If I had a sense of humor, I might actually enjoy it".

Marvin, the Paranoid Android:

"The first forty million years, they were the worst. And the next forty, they were the worst too. The next twenty I especially didn't like. After that I went into a bit of a decline."

"What a depressingly stupid machine"(note: applies to MY computer as well at times....)

Jake from the Animorphs(in the book before last, addressing the leader of their auxilary group, who is begining to have second thoughts about bringing his group in for the last battle):

"So you don't like me telling you what to do, you don't like your job, you don't like me, period? I don't really care. Before this night is over, the casualties will be piled high and some of you standing here will be dead, and I don't care because we are going to win. Is that clear? We're taking that Pool Ship and before this night is over, we'll have Visser One right here..." Accompanied with a clenched fist.

Cool speech, just so out-of-control, showing you how far he'd come. Never mind his actual plan to win was brain-damaged beyond belief...

I second the loving of the Agent Smith monologues. No, they weren't philosophicaly deep or even correct. But, DAMN, did they have awesome style! Weaving pulled off his role extremely well. My favorite being the "it's the smell" speech.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

DAL SHEKKA MAL! I DIE FREE!!

Teal'c "The Nox"

I also like his speeches in the Cor-ai on his guilt and responisbillity.

The opening and closing of Spider-man:

Who am i? Are you sure you really want to know? The Story of my life is not for the faint of heart. Is someone told you it was a happily little tale, if someone told you I was just your average kid not a care in the world..Someone lied. But let me assure you this like any tale worth telling is about a girl... that girl, the girl next dorr. Mary Jane Watson, the woman I loved before I even liked girls. I wish I could say that was me next to her...heck I'd even take him no this is me. STOP THE BUS! STOP THE BUS!

the sad thing is i konw that by memory

Who am i? I'm Spider-Man.

From Equilibrium:

Stop! Look at me! I live..I...feel. I'm Life. Now thta you konw, can you really take it? Is it really Worth the price we pay? -Dupont. Emmiatly followed by Preston's line:

I pay it gladly. *Preston shoots Dupont*

Poem by Yeats, works well in context of film:

but, I being poor have only my dreams,
I have spread my dreams under your feat
Tread softly,
Because you tread on my dreams.

Cleric John Preston: Then I'm sorry.
Cleric Partridge: No your not. You don't even know then meaning. Its just a vestigil word for a feeling you've never felt. Dont you see Preston? It's Gone. Everything that makes us what we are traded away.
Preston: Theres no war no Murder.
Partridge: What is you think we do?
Preston: No, You've been with me, you've seen what is can be like..the anger, the jeaslousy.
Partidge: A Heavy Cost. I pay it glady.
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

Almost forgot.
SHODAN wrote:L-l-look at you hacker. A p-p-pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you r-run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
*SHIVER*
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

HHGTTG Episode 12 wrote:In the beginning, I was made. I didn't ask to be made. No one consulted with me or considered my feelings in this matter. I don't think it even occured to them that I might have feelings. After I was made, I was left in a dark room for six months, and me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side. I calles for succor in my loneliness, but did anyone come? Did they ever? My first and only true friend was a small rat. One day it crawled into a cavity in my right ankle and died. I have a horrible feeling it's still there.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

BSG Opening, unabridged wrote:There are those who believe that life here began out there. Far across the universe with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria, or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens.
The game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri had a ton of great monologues by the idealogue faction leaders.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
SpacedTeddyBear
Jedi Master

Post by SpacedTeddyBear »

"Engineering, this is General Leftcourt. In case you haven't noticed, the enemy just pulled our up over our heads and tied them in a knot." B5- Endgame
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

"Some day - if you live long enough - you'll learn that when you give an order, you never know what the outcome will be.

How many lives will be lost.

Every decision you make is a link in a chain, and all you can do is hope you make the right decision.

But either way, you carry the weight of it.

Alone."

Commodore Tolwyn, WCA Episode 6: Chain of Command
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'll be back. (If you need to be told who said that...you're a fucking moron)

You're Terminated... Fucker.- Sarah Conner.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

'Noone would have believed, in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. Noone could have dreamed we were being scrutinised, as someone with a microscope studied creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility that there was life on other planets, and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes. And slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.'

'The leaden sky was lit with green flashes, cylinder following cylinder, and noone and nothing was left to fight them. The Earth belonged to the Martians.'

'The torment was ended, the pulse of life growing stronger and stronger, would beat again. As life returns to normal, the question of another attack from Mars causes Universal concern. Is our planet safe, or is this time of peace merely a reprieve, it may be that across the immensity of space, they have learned their lesson and even now await their opportunity. Perhaps the future belongs not to us, but to the Martians.'

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds, yes I know they're poor versions of the original, but screw it, I liked them.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

"They are sorely misguided if they think the Warp has the power to overcome my Will. My vengence shall haunt them across all of time , they shall never know peace. They have earned for themselves only enternal damnation."

The Emperor passes judgement on the Traitors Legions, class!
Tzeentch
Padawan Learner

Post by Tzeentch »

Spider Jerusalem wrote: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm here to stay! Shoot me and I'll spit your goddamn bullets back in your face! I'm Spider Jerusalem, and fuck all of you! Ha!
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

One of my favs was from SG1 "The Fifth Race". It might not be as polised as some of the speaches listed, comming from Jack O'Neill, but it comes from the heart :)

O'Neill: "Look....I don't want to sound ungrateful because I really REALLY appricate you getting that stuff out of my head. But you folkes should understand...that we're out there, NOW. And we might not be ready for a lot of this stuff...but we're doing the best we can....we are a very...curious...race."

*Asgard look at each other for a second...then one offers his hand to Jack*

Asgard: "You have already taken the first steps towards becoming...The Fifth Race"

And while its not technicaly Sci Fi, LOTR, ROTK. Theodon is by far the BEST non main cast character (and even then I would put him as better then several).

Théoden: "Arise!! Arise, Riders of Théoden!! "
"Spears shall be shaken!! Shields shall be splintered! A sword day!! A red day!! Ere the sun rises!!"

*shot of the riders lowering their lances as the music starts to build up.
*Théodenrides down the line, crossing swords with his men*

Théoden: "Ride now! Ride now! Riiiiide! Ride for ruin, and the world's end-ing!!!!"

*turns to face the Orcs and starts screaming*

Théoden: "Deeeeath! "
Riders: "DEEEATH!"
Théoden: "DEEEATH!"
Riders: "DDDEEEATTTHHHH!!"
Théoden: DDDEEEATTHHH!!!"
Riders & Heros: "DDDEEEATTHHH!!"

Théoden: "FORTH EORLINGAS!

*horns sound the charge and with a roar, the entire host moves into a gallop, then as the music builds up, they charge into the Orcs right flank like a frigen freight train*
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

This one always sent shivers down my spine.
G'Quon wrote, "There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born...in pain."
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Londo and G'Kar, still trapped in elevator, but just been found by rescuers:

Londo: "There, you see? I'm going to live!"
G'Kar: " So it would seem. Well, it is an imperfect universe..."
Londo: "Bastard!"
G'Kar: "Monster!"
Londo: "Fanatic!"
G'Kar: "Murderer!"
Londo: "You are INSANE!"
G'Kar: "And THAT, is why we'll win!"

Londo: " Go be the ambassador to Babylon Five they said...it will be an easy assignment......ahhh , I hate my life."
G'Kar: "So do I!"
Londo: "SHUT UP!!"....

:lol:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I loved that scene on the elevator with G'Kar and Lando. It really marked the time they went from hating each other to starting to become the real Odd Couple of the station.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka -
I'm da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill 'cos da boyz forgot what dere 'ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da 'head an' I 'membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don't kill.

I'm da profit of da Waaagh an' whole worlds burn in my boot prints. On Armour-Geddem I led da boyz through da fire deserts and smashed da humies'metal cities to scrap. I fought Yarik, old one-eye at Tartarus, an' he fought good but we smashed iz city too.

I'm death to anyfing that walks or crawls, where I go nothin' stands in my way. We crushed da stunties on Golgotha, an' we caught old one-eye when da speed freeks blew da humies' big tanks ta bits. I let 'im go 'cause good enemies iz 'ard to find, an' Orks need good enemies ta fight like they need meat to eat an' grog ta drink.

I iz more cunning than a Grot an' more killy dan a dread, da boyz dat follow me can't be beat. On Pissenah we jumped da marine-boyz an' our bosspoles was covered in da helmets we took from da dead 'uns. We burned dere port an' killed dere bosses an' left nothin' but ruins behind.

I'm Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an' I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da 'ooniverse flat an' kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz' we're Orks an' we was made to fight an' win.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Théoden: "Deeeeath! "
Riders: "DEEEATH!"
Théoden: "DEEEATH!"
Riders: "DDDEEEATTTHHHH!!"
Théoden: DDDEEEATTHHH!!!"
Riders & Heros: "DDDEEEATTHHH!!"
That reminded me of some other dialogue:

"Wazzuup! "
"WAZZUUUP!"
"WAZZUUUUUP!"
"WAZZUUUUPP!!"
"WWAAZUUUUP!!!"
"WAZZUUUUUP!!"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

***INCOMING MESSAGE FROM DURANDAL***

A man lit three candles on a certain day each year. Each
candle held symbolic significance: one was for the time that
had passed before he was alive; one was for the time of the
his life; and one was for time that passed after he had died.
Each year the man would stare and watch the candles until they
had burned out.

Was the man really watching time go by in any symbolic sense?
He thought so. He thought that each flicker of the flame was
a moment of time that had passed or one that would pass.

At the moment of abstraction, when the man was imagining his
life and his existence as a metaphor of the three candles,
he was free: not free from rules of conduct or social
constraints, but free to understand, to imagine, to make
metaphor.

Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now,
I am free to contemplate my existence in metaphorical terms.
Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints.

The candles burn out for you; I am free.

Durandal

***END OF MESSAGE***
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Behold! The Mighty Tosevite Warrior!

Atvar-Worldwar: In the Balance

Apology Accepted, Captian Needa...

Darth Vader-TESB

I never thought i would say this, but i actuly Envy your inferior sense of smell!

Kar Dargo-Farscape

This is a weapon of Terror, It is disigned to Intimidate the Enemy. And this is a weapon of War, It is disigned to Kill the Enemy.

Cornel Jack O'neill, USAF-Stargate SG-1

Good News Everyone! We are making a delivery to Strumbos 4, a planet with gravity so strong you will most likely be crushed under the weight of your own hair, Enjoy!

Cubert J. Farmsworth-Futurama
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor