Unity V: Blood of Heroes, Redux (Complete)

C&C: This forum is for all original stories and fanfics that are either completed or have been cleaned up to be made more presentable.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

CERC wrote:nice
my favorite line of the entire collection is still:

"Speaking of philosophy," Kalib said, "anyone have a large object I can beat someone with?"

followed closely by:

"...and a handle was attached to a small fusion generator for him to power it, meaning that Kalib now technically qualified as mobile artillery."
Kalib is another fun character to write. :)
CERC wrote:but both will be trumped with:

"and with a flurry of movement and a precise strike, the lightsaber sliced through that stupid bitch janeway's neck...." or something to that effect.
Well, we'll find out in a couple of hours. ;)
Chuck

rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Well done, Sonnenburg. Many, many surprises in this story, but I've grown to expect the unexpected in your writing, which makes it great.

However, seeing the Borg as all business (...including the fruit baskets, that was just hilarious) was the most unexpected, and admittedly, I didn't see the death or Jorri or Morgan coming, and it interwove well with the plot.

I can't wait to see all the story parts in the Completed fanfic forum, you certainly deserve it!
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

rhoenix wrote:Well done, Sonnenburg. Many, many surprises in this story, but I've grown to expect the unexpected in your writing, which makes it great.
Thank you.
rhoenix wrote: However, seeing the Borg as all business (...including the fruit baskets, that was just hilarious) was the most unexpected, and admittedly, I didn't see the death or Jorri or Morgan coming, and it interwove well with the plot.
I've often quoted David Gerrold when it comes to Sebastian's life, because his philosophy fits this poor guy's character: the hero has to hurt. Because if he doesn't hurt, why should we care?
rhoenix wrote: I can't wait to see all the story parts in the Completed fanfic forum, you certainly deserve it!
Thank you very much. :)

The final part of the series is Dawn of Forever, of which the original is wrapping up in about twenty minutes, but I do plan to release a "redux" of it hopefully tomorrow, mostly cleaning up typos and also adding in things that I had to omit to avoid spoilers for the previous re-writes.
Chuck

Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

Just one more story left to read. Chuck, you've turned reading into a marathon!
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Hey random question, but did you ever explain how Kalib survired assimilation in SotN? IIRC You finished a scene with a S8472 drone nanoprobing him and then the next time we see him he's fine and dandy.
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

Crazedwraith wrote:Hey random question, but did you ever explain how Kalib survired assimilation in SotN? IIRC You finished a scene with a S8472 drone nanoprobing him and then the next time we see him he's fine and dandy.
At least in the redo, there's a scene where he injects himself with some sort of nanoprobe counter agent.
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Arrow wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Hey random question, but did you ever explain how Kalib survired assimilation in SotN? IIRC You finished a scene with a S8472 drone nanoprobing him and then the next time we see him he's fine and dandy.
At least in the redo, there's a scene where he injects himself with some sort of nanoprobe counter agent.
I'm not going back to reread it so I could be wrong, but I'm sure Kalib crushed the hypospray before injecting himself, so it was his immune system alone that fought the nanoprobes off.
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

Arrow wrote:Just one more story left to read. Chuck, you've turned reading into a marathon!
Hey, trying writing it, then you know what a marathon really is. :)
Chuck

Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

bilateralrope wrote:
Arrow wrote:
I'm not going back to reread it so I could be wrong, but I'm sure Kalib crushed the hypospray before injecting himself, so it was his immune system alone that fought the nanoprobes off.
What happened was that Kalib pulled out an instrument to help enhance his immune system (it's not a hypospray, though). He held it in place for a while, but he did accidentally break it, but fortunately it was enough to help his robust defenses eventually overcome the nanoprobes, although not by much.
Chuck