River vs Batgirl (Current)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

River vs Batgirl (Current)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

River from :roll: , with any melee weapons she wants [Within reason] against an unarmed Batgirl without any gadgets or batarangs, or the costumes built in kevlar armour.

My guess is on Batgirl raping River hard, she can kick down a brick wall with a few kicks, can give Lady Shiva a hard time and can read body language, once the Firefly fans settle down we could use the Version of Batgirl that can't read body language and is bitch slapped by Shiva
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

River tears Batgirl to shreds. The ease with which she took down those Reavers in Serenity (and didn't get a scratch) means that no human would probably compete with her. Considering that she, in fact, has something very similar to Jedi precog. So, while Batgirl may read body language, and react, River can anticipate and counteract her actions before batgirl even starts them.

That, or River can simply shoot Batgirl. With the accuracy she demostrated in (War Stories, IIRC), it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Yeah, but Batgirl has the sexy leather costume. :wink:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Anomie
Padawan Learner
Location: Between the begining of time and the end of the universe

Post by Anomie »

Who wins?

The fanboy's, of course. :D
You shall be the instrument of my vengence. Through you I shall scream out my wrath unto the heavens.
"Explosions fix everything" - Nabeshin - Excel Saga
"When you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss comments on how you have no social life."
"We jumped the shark AND took its wallet" My friend commenting upon our groups dinner conversation.
CoVD:We are all but a part of a dream that Vin Diesel is having.
Church of Perverts: As the Lord commands, so shall we do. And do. And do.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Especially if certain areas of their outfits get ripped. ;)
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Jason von Evil wrote:Especially if certain areas of their outfits get ripped. ;)
That happened recently in a Batgirl vs Shiva rematch. pn;y the face /mouth got ripped :( :lol: :wink:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Jason von Evil wrote:Especially if certain areas of their outfits get ripped. ;)
Don't forget the lesbian sex. Then everyone wins.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

General Zod wrote:
Except gay men.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

DC's human superheroes have shown the ability to easily beat groups of dozens of armed opponents.

As good as she is, I wouldn't bet on the tiny dancer beating someone like Batgirl, who is one of the best fighters in the DC-verse.
delicious pies
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Demiurge wrote:DC's human superheroes have shown the ability to easily beat groups of dozens of armed opponents.

As good as she is, I wouldn't bet on the tiny dancer beating someone like Batgirl, who is one of the best fighters in the DC-verse.
Batman uses ninja's, SAS teams and low level meta-humans as dish rags, Batgirl is faster and more powerful than him and can read body language in a way that lets her "predict" an opponents style.
Let's put it this way, to demolish a large brick wall you can use dynamite or 3-5 kicks from Batgirl 8) [Shown in canon]
Photography
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Cassie Cain? You mean the girl who was able to literally rip a fully grown man's carotid artery from his neck when she was still in pigtails? Nah, River should clean up.

Seriously, though, Batgirl is one of the better martial artists in the DCU (she beat Deathstroke, for god's sake) and in the area of technique and skill River is FAR outclassed. I'd bet on her.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Dorenn Stark
Padawan Learner

Post by Dorenn Stark »

I have to say Batgirl, and not just because of the sexy uniform, but for what I think are superior fighting skills.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Joe wrote: Seriously, though, Batgirl is one of the better martial artists in the DCU (she beat Deathstroke, for god's sake) and in the area of technique and skill River is FAR outclassed. I'd bet on her.
I thought she only managed to beat Deathstrokes daughter?
And she was 8-9 when she slaughtered the business-man, part of her training was Cain Shooting her and her not flinching, I don't think she can literally dodge bullets but the difference between that and her speed is negligible.
Photography
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Yeah, you're right. Still, she was able to give Lady Shina a hard time, which is just as good as beating Deathstroke.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Joe wrote:Yeah, you're right. Still, she was able to give Lady Shina a hard time, which is just as good as beating Deathstroke.
Technically she beat Shiva on the rematch with her "pre-cog" but Shiva wasn't going all out.
She was actually able to catch Catwoman sneaking around early in her career, a feat even Batman isn't capable of.
Photography
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Stormbringer wrote:
General Zod wrote:
Except gay men.
It's batman, gay men always win when batman is involved.