Mr. Hyde vs. The Beast

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Mr. Hyde vs. The Beast

Post by Demiurge »

Hyde from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The original, Alan Moore version, not the mediocre LXG movie. He fights another big, violent moster, the Beast from Angel.

Which one smashes the other?
delicious pies
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'd go with the Beast, he's as strong and much more durable--what with his rocky exterior and all...
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Well, Hyde was happily able to tear a leg off of a Martian war machine that was somewhat resistant to artilliery fire, as well as open the canopy by force.

He's pretty damn strong, and there are almost no depths to which he will not sink.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Majin Gojira wrote:I'd go with the Beast, he's as strong and much more durable--what with his rocky exterior and all...
You're thinking of The Thing.

Beast:
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

two things:

1. Are we dealing with Comic Hyde or Movie Hyde

2. Beast from ANGEL

Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Majin Gojira wrote:two things:

1. Are we dealing with Comic Hyde or Movie Hyde
The OP said comic.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

To many sporks to the eyes...

In that case, durability still goes to the Beast (he got his ear shot of by quartermain in the first one IIRC).

Strength, I don't know, but given The Beast's leaps, his strength is comic-book level for certain...
Browncoat

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Majin Gojira wrote:To many sporks to the eyes...

In that case, durability still goes to the Beast (he got his ear shot of by quartermain in the first one IIRC).

Strength, I don't know, but given The Beast's leaps, his strength is comic-book level for certain...
Hyde did survive a direct hit from a Martian heat ray though, which reduces normal people to charred skeletons with brief exposure.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

He survived, but didn't it burn off his skin?
Browncoat

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Just his clothes and hair. And the remains of his patience..
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Vendetta wrote:Just his clothes and hair. And the remains of his patience..
You sure? I checked and he's burnt red with lines going through like it's supposed to be muscle.

It looks like his skin is supposed to be burnt off.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

neoolong wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Just his clothes and hair. And the remains of his patience..
You sure? I checked and he's burnt red with lines going through like it's supposed to be muscle.

It looks like his skin is supposed to be burnt off.
I think the question I want to know the answer to is, "did it affect his combat performance?"
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Eleas wrote:I think the question I want to know the answer to is, "did it affect his combat performance?"
Not really since he still managed to take out the Martian tripod, rip it open, and eat the Martian.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Then he got vaped by almost a dozen full power blasts from other Martian Death Machines. Poor Guy, but he earned it. And what a way to go!
Browncoat

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Majin Gojira wrote:Then he got vaped by almost a dozen full power blasts from other Martian Death Machines. Poor Guy, but he earned it. And what a way to go!
...I guess I deserved that in clicking on a thread featuring Hyde. But I'd rather have read it in the comic.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Hyde's strength must have inreased dramatically, because in one of the earlier issies he was easily held with a straightjacket and some chains.
delicious pies
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Demiurge wrote:Hyde's strength must have inreased dramatically, because in one of the earlier issies he was easily held with a straightjacket and some chains.
Without leverage, you can't apply your strength. And both straitjackets and manacles work on this principle.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe