A Question on Final Fantasy Continuity

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Joe wrote:Well, the name Shinra obviously became important to the history of that world. It's not unlikely for a corporation to want to adopt that name.

These are all good points, but it doesn't matter. It's right there in the game and also in the guide.
I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying it's extremely difficult to rationalize the events that transpired between X/X-2 and VII. Shinra probably is an important name, and the already wealthy and powerful descendents may have discovered long lost records describing the Mako extraction techniqe. That actually makes sense, because why else would a military contractor suddenly decide to become a utilities company? Although Materia has numerous military applications...

:shock:

And what if our Spiran Shinra empire populated all the other FF worlds?

*foams at the mouth*
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

as there's only obvious shinra influence in the x-2 universe and 7, i'd say it's safe to say they didn't. however, as far as the other stuff goes, according to sephiroth giving the history of the world and others during the game, the planet was originally inhabited by the cetra, who wandered the entire planet. though some of them grew disgruntled and settled down, eventually becoming humanity. jenova was the cause of the extinction of the majority of the remaining cetra.

it could have been jenova was maybe one of the experiments created by Shinra while on board a ship traveling the planets, and the ship crash landed. some of the survivors on the ship allied themselves with the cetra, interbred, etc. and introduced their technologies, causing some dissent among the populous. not too likely a theory, but it's a possibility at the very least.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."