Belgarion vs the Dragon Reborn.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Belgarion vs the Dragon Reborn.

Post by Murazor »

Belgarion has the sword of Riva Irongrip with the Orb of Aldur and his usual gear as Overlord of the West. Rand al'Thor can bring any man-portable angreals in his posesion at the end of the last book in the series. Use of the One Power and the Will and the Word is allowed and encouraged. Who wins?

Fight!

Note: If this takes place in the universe of the Belgariad, Rand cannot use balefire without suffering the extremely letal and unpleasant effects derivated from willing something not to exist. If this takes place in the universe of the Belgariad, Garion is free to will Rand into inexistence. Both of them know about this.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Re: Belgarion vs the Dragon Reborn.

Post by Xon »

Murazor wrote:Note: If this takes place in the universe of the Belgariad, Rand cannot use balefire without suffering the extremely letal and unpleasant effects derivated from willing something not to exist. If this takes place in the universe of the Belgariad, Garion is free to will Rand into inexistence. Both of them know about this.
Either way; Belgariad can just cause Rand to just explode in a shower of gibs.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

My mistake. It should say that if they are in the universe of the Wheel of Time, Rand can use balefire and Belgarion can will him into inexistence.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Let us pray they destroy each other and the universe around them.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Smiling Bandit wrote:Let us pray they destroy each other and the universe around them.
Saddly Belgarion can destroy Rand with a thought at fairly extreme range. Were as Balefire I assume require at least light of sight.

This isnt counting the Orb of Aldur stepping in an doing something. The thing started explaining step-by-step how for Belgarion to spell his name out in the stars, all from a single random thought on Belgarion's part.

The Orb of Aldur is the conscious of a potential representation of the future state of the universe, its got more power than anything living knows what todo with.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

The little blue glowy stone takes this one, and Belgarion gets to win because it's on his side.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

Well, it's good to finally find somebody below god-like and above Rand al'Thor. :D
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

somebody below god-like
Are you joking? With the Orb, he's probably equal, and maybe above, the Gods of his realm, though who knows about some other realms.

If they are anywhere near each other, it's going to be a really fast, short, and deadly contest. Fortunately for Rand, Belgarion is not really all that bright, or he could have pretty much made himself invulnerable completely by now.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

Smiling Bandit wrote:Are you joking? With the Orb, he's probably equal, and maybe above, the Gods of his realm, though who knows about some other realms.

If they are anywhere near each other, it's going to be a really fast, short, and deadly contest. Fortunately for Rand, Belgarion is not really all that bright, or he could have pretty much made himself invulnerable completely by now.
I know it. However, ïts pretty clear that out of stupidity of bad writing he doesn't use the Orb to its full potential (which would be something nice to see from the universe next door), but what the orb has already done its enough and more than enough to deal with Rand, and below god-like. And I think that without artifacts, the best Rand can hope for is an stalemate.
dworkin
Jedi Master

Post by dworkin »

Whining farmboy with godlike powers vs whining farmboy with godlike powers.

I'm with Smiling Bandit and hoping for a MAD.
Don't abandon democracy folks, or an alien star-god may replace your ruler. - NecronLord