WoT vs. Warcraft

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Shaidar Haran wrote:
How long, and in what numbers? This is an entire fortified city in a matter of months.
And where is the proof for it being a matter of months?
Warcraft: The Frozen Throne game Manual and storyline and Blizzard's main site all state that the events in TFT occured months after Archimonde's defeat, which ended Warcraft III. This has been stated already, haven't you been paying attention?
How Long? Never Said.

Then you haven't proven anything with out actually giving proof of how long. For all we know it could have taken them years.
Bullshit. It doesn't take years for two armies to gather and mobilize.
Dude, that WAS my point. That they can build a reasonable city in a short period of time. I didn't say they were building Dalaran or anything!
Actually, you've proven nothing since you haven't offered any proof at all of how long it taken them.
Because it was already given before you even joined in. Read previous posts, please.
Okay, I backed my shit up, it's your turn!
No, you've provided a lot of pretty pictures and nothing better. With out actually providing real build times it's pretty useless.
Build time was determined pages ago.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Symmetry
Jedi Master

Post by Symmetry »

Shaidar Haran wrote: No, they aren't. They're never shown or described as instant kills and of course they're still shorter ranged than damane or Asha'man.

Have we ever seen an instant kill with an arrow either?
SDN Rangers: Gunnery Officer

They may have claymores and Dragons, but we have Bolos and Ogres.
Lt. Nebfer
Padawan Learner

Post by Lt. Nebfer »

humm whill reading this post ive seen a lot of stuff regarding warcrafts offencive capabilitys(i even have a few more but thats later)

I have heard very little on wheel of time and its forces, how many powerfull mages, armies ect ect. will you please give us some specific information?

I've heard complaints about warcrafts technoledgy level and Have noted that Steel is second upgrade level in thier tech upgrades out of 3, so therefore if you really want to take it litterly they have metals stronger than steel.

Now as for warcraft IIIs in game army sizes, they have to have been reduced for you comfort, imagin trying to command over 100 spell casters! it cant be done in a game, so I believe that in game numbers arent very realistic and shouldnt be considered, infact numbers shouldnt be considered on eather side, lets just get an army from both sides of similar size and see who wins, My vote goes for warcraft III flying units mortors, orcs, submarines (crazy blizzard :roll: )

Now what about spell breakers? the spell breakers of warcraft III can take frendly spell cast apon the enemy to aid him and give it to his own, as well as do the same with negitive effect spells.

ok with the ONE infinitte source of magic WOT has, What would happen if you cast mana burn? mana burn causes mana in warcraft to burn, so therefore the more mana you have the mroe it burns you, however there is a limit which grows with the experance of the spell caster.

Now zorlon has a point, in warcraft II there are several spells that can be cast beyond the fog of war (otherwords just beyond the line of sight) And In warcraft III the orcs are less supicious infact they are only really supicious in warcraft 1 so lightning bolts comming down from the skys wont cause them to fight eachother like a bunch of mistrusting bandits.
Game mechanics don't count and it's just as well, otherwise their range would be limited to a few dozen yards. :P

Was this in jest? if not then You are right, things like ship build times, and just plane building build times shouldnt be counted, but however i still say a spell that goes into the fog of war can be cast without a line of sight, most area affect spells in warcraft III can be cast without having to see the area first, You just cant say something like that is false and the ranges are only a few yards just because its in game mechanics, blame the couple yard range on your monitor, fdor if they hadnt shrunk the scale you wouldnt be able to see whats going on with your small screen.
That doesn't look like Victorian architecture to me. It looks downright medival, and that kind of wood frame housing isn't too tough to put together.
That is More victorian looking city than medevil, that is for certain,
its got, plaster walls, brick chimneys Its even got a beautiful white fountain in the middle And a light post, Tell me, in a medevil sociity do you think they would gone through all the trouble of builing and mataining a lamp post JUST so people can go outside after dark? and may I tell you that this is only a village?
there is one problem with this village is has no paved roads. but then again its only a village.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I'm glad you provided ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF OBJECTIVE VALUE.

Locking because given more then enough time for ONE calculation from the warcraft side.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete