The Saints vs. The Buffy-verse

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

OK, thanks Durandal...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Ghost Rider wrote:Actually if you or someone as knowledgeable wants to just ask...I'll put it as an Annoucement here.
You might just want to put up a single announcement with Cthulhu and The Saints in it, along with any other obscure fantasies that people may be unfamiliar with. No point in cluttering up the top of the forum with it.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Equilibrium tends to get mentioned a lot.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Durandal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Actually if you or someone as knowledgeable wants to just ask...I'll put it as an Annoucement here.
You might just want to put up a single announcement with Cthulhu and The Saints in it, along with any other obscure fantasies that people may be unfamiliar with. No point in cluttering up the top of the forum with it.
Sure, just need basically either something to attach to like Cthulu...though if you're think could link this topic for them unless you think there's a better one for the Saints.

And for Equlibrium...not as much so, it's mentioned but I've seen more of the Boondock Brothers.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

However, they're also not compelled to simply flee and leave the parishioners at the mercy of the three vampires. They don't really know that these guys are vampires, so using a stake won't occur immediately to them, if ever.

So, they have to kill the three vampires and get out before the authorities knew they were there.
<emphasis mine>

This says, pretty obviously, that there are THREE vampires. Three Saints, three vamps... and the Saints have the guns... I think it's pretty obvious who wins here. The vampires, I will admit, are probably not going to get killed outright (at least not till the Saints realize whom they're dealing with-- then they kick a pew to pieces and, well, you figure out the rest), but they will be done for, that's for sure. That's how I see it, anyways...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Gurthoron
Redshirt

Post by Gurthoron »

I have to agree, Saints for the win. My knowledge of the Buffyverse is limited, but since vampires can be incapacitated by bullets they will have a rough time. The Saints are decent shots (Oddly, their best shooting seems to occur when they are hanging upside down and spinning.) and they have the advantage of surprise as I doubt anyone expects to be confronted by firepower in a church. Finally they are in a church being defiled; In such conditions I'd expect them to mop the floor with any unholy beasts, even in hand to hand. Its hard to beat a bunch of God's chosen in a church, especially if you are a vampire.

BTW, it was a pair of 9mm Berettas that each brother had. Smaller round, higher muzzle velocity.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

growls at necromancer, point's to previous last post date. (two fucking years ago!), and points to the announcements.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Two years? How about no?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter