Which kind of vampires would win in a fight?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who'd survive in an all out rumble?

Lestat and his vampire kin
22%
The vamps from Buffy and Angel
7%
Vamps from the movie "Underworld"
4%
Count Dracula
56%
Vamps from the movie "Lost Boys"
No votes
Vampires like Deacon Frost and his type from "Blade"
11%

Total votes: 27

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Which kind of vampires would win in a fight?

Post by Enigma »

Ann Rice's vampires like Lestat and co. (do not include IoaV or QotD)

The vampires from Buffy & Angel.

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Vampires from the movie "Underground".

Vamps from "Lost Boys".

Vampires from "Blade".

If you put a bunch of vampires of each type and have them fight to the death, who'd come out alive?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

The orgina Dracula from I can recall. Inhuman strength, freaky shape shifting (he can turn into mist!) and possibly some immunity to day light. One tough bastard.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Stormbringer wrote:The orgina Dracula from I can recall. Inhuman strength, freaky shape shifting (he can turn into mist!) and possibly some immunity to day light. One tough bastard.

Yes but vamps like Lestat and some older vampires may also have some immunity to daylight. Plus they are incredibly fast and as far as I can tell, much stronger than the other vampire types.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
justifier
Rabid Monkey

Post by justifier »

Alucard owns them all
KILL BILL and The Punisher coming APRIL 16!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enigma wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:The orgina Dracula from I can recall. Inhuman strength, freaky shape shifting (he can turn into mist!) and possibly some immunity to day light. One tough bastard.

Yes but vamps like Lestat and some older vampires may also have some immunity to daylight. Plus they are incredibly fast and as far as I can tell, much stronger than the other vampire types.
True, but they're still easily killed once Dracula gets his hands on them. All he has to do is ambush them.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

justifier wrote:Alucard owns them all
Who's he? I don't know many vampire types.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I think you ment "Underworld", not Underground.

and Dracula Owns
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Stormbringer wrote:
Enigma wrote:

True, but they're still easily killed once Dracula gets his hands on them. All he has to do is ambush them.
But what if he encounters the vampire queen (before her death)?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

D.

:P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enigma wrote:
He's one of the lead characters from the anime and magna Hellsing. Bad ass demi god.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Enigma wrote:
Alucard, the vampire from the manga/anime Hellsing. He fights on the side of the humans though, killing "inferior" vampires.

He's freakishly strong and unbelievably difficult to kill. Connor MacLeod has done some calcs and posted them on this forum, impressive stuff.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Oh, yeah, Alucard is also Dracula himself. So that's another plus.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Bram Stoker's Dracula was immune to daylight. He doesn't have any powers, but he also doesn't violently die in daylight. In fact, IIRC, John Harker sees him in London during the day after he escapes from Dracula's castle and makes his way back there.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

On the contrary, he climbs a castle wall beneath Jonathan Harker's window, that alone requires inhuman strength. He also can summon wolves (or perhaps turn into them) and of course the famous mist. No powers my ass.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Stormbringer wrote:On the contrary, he climbs a castle wall beneath Jonathan Harker's window, that alone requires inhuman strength. He also can summon wolves (or perhaps turn into them) and of course the famous mist. No powers my ass.
I know that, I meant to say that he doesn't have any powers during the day. At night, he's got all sorts of powers.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:On the contrary, he climbs a castle wall beneath Jonathan Harker's window, that alone requires inhuman strength. He also can summon wolves (or perhaps turn into them) and of course the famous mist. No powers my ass.
I know that, I meant to say that he doesn't have any powers during the day. At night, he's got all sorts of powers.
Well, the mist at least was during the day. Not sure about the others. At least he has the slut-beam eyes working during the day as well.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Stormbringer wrote:Well, the mist at least was during the day. Not sure about the others. At least he has the slut-beam eyes working during the day as well.
Really? I thought his powers simply didn't work in the day. Keep in mind that it's been a while since I've read it.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Well, the mist at least was during the day. Not sure about the others. At least he has the slut-beam eyes working during the day as well.
Really? I thought his powers simply didn't work in the day. Keep in mind that it's been a while since I've read it.
At least some do. And some it's hard to tell because it's later in the day when they're shown. At least some do during the day.

The mist was definitely during the day as were a number of his seductions.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Stormbringer wrote:At least some do. And some it's hard to tell because it's later in the day when they're shown. At least some do during the day.

The mist was definitely during the day as were a number of his seductions.
At the very least, we can say that Dracula can be alive and active during the day, and at least some of his powers work, which by itself puts him head an shoulders about the other vampires there.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Interesting bunch we have here. :D

If we could include vampires outside of that in the poll, it would probably be a tie between Alucard, Kain (Vampire Masquerade, or whatever game he's from), and Arcueid (Tsukihime series).

Everyone else gets STOMPED. :lol:
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

There are varios Cains, Caines, Kains, and Kaine from various vampire series. The one from Vampire: The Masquerade and it's spinoffs would be Cain, the first murderer. And yes, he would probably be capable of slaughtering any yet mentioned.

For lack of a better term he would be a God.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Cain a vampire?

You've got to be fucking shitting me... That's almost insulting.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Cain a vampire?

You've got to be fucking shitting me... That's almost insulting.
Why is that insulting? The back story of how he was curse by God after what he did isn't too bad. Far better than NGE's technobabble take on religion. *Shrug*
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Last time I checked that part of Judeo-Christian mythology, Cain never became a vampire, but some his and Lilith's children were. It just don't jive: those fucking vamps ruin everything. :P

As for Eva's "technobabble take on religion:" :P

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I just want to ask:

Cain can apparently make up abilities out of thin air. So if he wanted, say, a "Destroy Alucard with a thought" ability, he could acquire it instantly at its highest level and just use it to will Alucard out of existence, am I correct?

Arcueid has a similar ability called the Marble Phantasm. Whatever she imagines, she can will it into existence out of thin air. So conceivably she could will a weapon to destroy Cain out of thin air. Or she wills a multi-teraton nuke into existence and just MADs everyone. :lol:
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!