Harry Potter: 28 Days Later

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

charben
Youngling

Post by charben »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
I don't think that Harry's broom is going to get there in a reasonable amount of time. England isn't exactly a huge place, but it still takes the Hogwarts Express (and an airborne Ford Anglia, for that matter) the better part of a day to get their from the King's Cross. Even with a relatively slow moving engine, that's pretty far. Hogwarts must be really in the boonies, so it could take hours for the Firebolt to make the trip, assuming it's in a place where it can leave.
They don't have to fly all the way to Hogwarts, just to the location of the Portkey.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

charben wrote:They don't have to fly all the way to Hogwarts, just to the location of the Portkey.
No, what I mean is that Harry's broom is at Hogwarts, which means it has to fly all the way to London to even get to him.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
charben
Youngling

Post by charben »

Gil,

Oh, yeah. Sorry, my bad.