GWH vs. J.Park vs. Predator

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

GWH vs. J.Park vs. Predator

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Representing Victorian Super Heroes
The Eral of Greystoke
Sir Allan Quartermain
Lord John Roxton
Dr. Van Helsing
That American Expatriate John Carter
(or the great white hunters)

they are trapped on The modern Jurassic Park Island with all the weapons they normally carry with them.

There is also one Preadator

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Movie or book Jurassic Park?

Book JP is a wee bit scarier.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Wouldn't Quncy Morris be of more use here than Dr. Van Helsing? I guess he seem a little too much like an American version of Roxton except without the dinosaur experience.

Come to think of it. Both Roxton and Greystoke have been in dinosaur worlds before. :)

Carter has fought enough freaky stuff that he shouldn't be too far out of his element. He might be slightly happered by not being superstrong like he is on Mars (only proportionatly due to the lighter gravity).

Incidently I wasn't placing the Roxton name even though it sounded very familiar. I had to Google it and then as soon as I saw the links it was "Oh yeah!" :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
The Yosemite Bear

Does it matter?

We have Tarzan, the superhero of The Lost World, The guy whose found King Solomon's mines, and visited the female dominated underground realm, plus a Vampire Hunter, and an ex-confederate turned Martian Warlord....

All of whom are always incredablyu well armed, (except for Tarzan who makes up for it, because he totally knows Jungles, animals, and has superhuman strength and senses.)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

NO FAIR!!! They have guns, and this Martian dude probably has atomic blasters or shit! Give them old fashioned guns and then we're talking!

Oh, and let's make this book JP, book JP just owns!

Oh, and which JP? Isla Nublar (JP) or Isla Sorna (JP2)?
The Yosemite Bear

Well John Carter does carry a sword and a radium blast pistol, the other's are armed as they normally are. Roxton and Quartermain have Nitrus Express Rifles, and other big game hunter toys, VanHelsing usually only carries a large pistol, and a huge fuckin Gurka knife, along with his Dr.'s bag of sharp objects, the most under armed of the hunter's is probably the one with the best chance of survival, (Gee figure the guy who can survive wrestling with adult Silverbacks is going to be somewhat scary, besides along with Roxton, he's the least worried about Dinosaurs)

SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

The velociraptors take a curious interest to the solitary yet elusive figure trailing behind the group. The victorians get to the shores and look for a port. They will eventually find it but will probably lose one or two members of their party to the raptors or are all royally fucked if a Rex shows up.
Carter is raptor food because he's not been in earth gravity for a while.
Rest are touch and go.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What's a radium blast pistol?

Tarzan has a good chance, better than Ian Malcom, but he'll die if he doesn't run like hell.

The rest, well, if they stick together, go to the port fast, use their guns to kill things while conservinb bullets, staying clear from Rexes and NOT GOING INTO THE LONG GRASS!!!! Then, they'll be pretty fine and might survive, key word, MIGHT.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

This is the most twisted scenario I've ever seen.

Are the raptors, Rex, and Predator considered monsters? Cauze if so, Van Helsing wins! he can kill any monster.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?d ... 1-19&res=l

Heh heh heh.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!