Why?? Whyyyyyyyyyyy??!!!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shinova wrote:*dons sailor-fuku and magic wand*

Disappear, minions of the evil stupidity!!!
:shock: :shock:

Good Lord, man! At least pour the water of the nannichuan on yourself before you do that!
Shaidar Haran
Padawan Learner

Post by Shaidar Haran »

I'm just wondering: How many of you frothing at the mouth fanatics have watched or were planning on watching this thing?
Shaidar Haran
Padawan Learner

Post by Shaidar Haran »

I'm just wondering: How many of you frothing at the mouth fanatics have watched or were planning on watching this thing? I ask because it seems to be utterly pointless to get worked about something you would not otherwise have cared about. It's a freaking kiddy show after all.
Shaidar Haran
Padawan Learner

Post by Shaidar Haran »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:They do have a dedicated anime channel. It's called the Anime Channel. ;)
Do you get it? What's their program like?
We've got it here in Detroit but so far it's a premium channel like HBO, at least on standard cable.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Shaidar Haran wrote:I'm just wondering: How many of you frothing at the mouth fanatics have watched or were planning on watching this thing? I ask because it seems to be utterly pointless to get worked about something you would not otherwise have cared about. It's a freaking kiddy show after all.
Seen it, and enjoyed it. Was hoping for a nice DVD release.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Shaidar Haran wrote:I'm just wondering: How many of you frothing at the mouth fanatics have watched or were planning on watching this thing? I ask because it seems to be utterly pointless to get worked about something you would not otherwise have cared about. It's a freaking kiddy show after all.
Because what 4Kids is doing is called disrespect. Even what appears to be the most totally pointless children's anime deserves at least to be released in a format that preserves how it was originally presented. And 4Kids is denying Tokyo Mew Mew that, all for marketing and what they perceive as the best for their own interests, not those of their customers.

So you see, it's not nessesarily that all of us care about the series in question, but that we care about the standard they're maintaining.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

And to help exposure, here's a link to a web campaign aiming to pressure 4Kids in releasing a suitable version of Tokyo Mew Mew:
http://www.hollywoodmewmew.com/

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Anyway this Hollywoodization thing is stupid. It's like trying to drill into their young audiences' heads that America is the entire world or something. :wtf:
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Geez. How the hell are those fools going to pull that off? The scenery should still be distinctly Tokyo-ish, not Hollywood-ish.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Geez. How the hell are those fools going to pull that off? The scenery should still be distinctly Tokyo-ish, not Hollywood-ish.
Didn't stop Dic with Sailor Moon, though there they just left the city unnamed, despite the ever prevailant Tokyo Tower ;)
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

Its just like CCS, they refused to call the Tokyo tower anything but ".. that tower..."
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Not to drag this thread back up, but...

After just viewing the first episode, I must say that it is indeed extremely tragic that such a wonderful and darling series will only be availible in the US as a basterdised form.

I guarentee that as soon as I have the free time, I will send my own letter of protest as part of the campaign against 4Kids decision.