Best "total bastard" of comics

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Best "total bastard" of comics

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

this can be a villian, or an anti-hero.

the coldest, cool as a cucumber, asshole who embodies "Total Bastard-dom" in comics

The bear's nominations
Ozymandius (The Watchmen, what's a few million people, my pet cat, and my best friends to save humanity)

John Constintine (Swampthing, Sandman, Books of magic), let's face it he's a jerk.

Cassiday (Preacher, Hi I'm an Irish vampire, drunk/former terrorist)

Peter Wisdom (graduate of the John Constintine school of scummy occult anti-heroes, mutant who used to be part of the govenment mutant killer team, also boinker of borderline jailbait Kitty Pryde)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Constantine.

He's banged multiple women, made deals with devils so he could keep on smoking, and is looked up by the new Merlin as the *cool* guy.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
LobsterZoidberg
Redshirt

Post by LobsterZoidberg »

No Spider Jerusalem? Bah.

A Hunter S. Thompson style journalist armed with futuristic weaponry gets my vote. When your standard interview process involves using a bowel disruptor set for "gut horror" on your subject's guards, I think that counts for something
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

DAMMIT! How many times must we go through with this?!

Thanos w/ infinity gauntlet!!!

*snap* Half the universe DEAD. women children, dogs, cats, koalas, wallabies, duck-billed platypi, humans, Deadites, fish, birds, whales, elephants, girraffes, swallows, Xindi, Klingon, viruses, bacteria, roaches, rats, mice, cows, chickens, foxes, sloths, elephants, lions, tigers and *yes* even bears, oh my. A bigger asshole I could not imagine, especially given that he did it for some bony, rotten coochie he would never put his purple dick in.

:D
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Guy Gardner, one of the lanterns with the funky yellow ring. major prick for being one of the guardians of the galaxy. though he did get dismissed from the corps as well i think.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Alan Moore's version of the Joker. From "The Killing Joke," one of the best comics I've ever read.
delicious pies
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

The Main Man himself, Lobo.
Khemri
Youngling

Post by Khemri »

Ghost Rider wrote:Constantine.

He's banged multiple women, made deals with devils so he could keep on smoking, and is looked up by the new Merlin as the *cool* guy.

That's what makes him cool.

and selling his soul to two arch devils and dishonering thus making his soul Lucifer's(not the real one it seems) not only allowed him to keep smoking, but effectivly made him pretty resistant to harm.
The Yosemite Bear

So you thank Zazzanna is ever going to kick his ass for getting her dad killed, and leaving her after he banged her?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I never liked Guy Gardner, either, and I've only read him around the Death o Superman/Return of the Supermen arcs.

Fucking asshole...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:So you thank Zazzanna is ever going to kick his ass for getting her dad killed, and leaving her after he banged her?
Zatanna? :P

Nah, she still has a soft spot for him....proving he must be truly something else in the sack.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

The Yosemite Bear

what can we say about a chick who talks backwards....

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:what can we say about a chick who talks backwards....
And don't forget fishnets.

Seriously what makes her and Black Canary so damn sexy.

The Yosemite Bear

yeah, Wonder Woman would you mind bailing out Black Canary and Zatannna....

They got picked up AGAIN!

geeze can't a superheroine walk down the streat in black fishnets, and a coustome which leave little to the imagination without getting harrassed by the police.....

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Hmmmm, the Comedian, Frank Castle and the Russian should get honourable mentions too.

I mean the Punisher, he just really really really hates them doesn't he? Though he's quite nioce to the innocent, and doesn't go overboard with people who slightly go over the line.

The Comedian's just unsettling.

The Russian...well...:D
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Ghost Rider wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:what can we say about a chick who talks backwards....
And don't forget fishnets.

Seriously what makes her and Black Canary so damn sexy.
B:TAS Zatanna: "And what would you want with a leggy brunette in nylons? or did I just answer my own question?"
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Dark Schneider. End of story.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Carnage gets points I think for being one of the most psycotic and evil guys. The only thing that keeped him from pulling off wiping out half the galaxy's population was that he isn't powerful enough.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Carnage gets points I think for being one of the most psycotic and evil guys. The only thing that keeped him from pulling off wiping out half the galaxy's population was that he isn't powerful enough.
......Hmm. Good one. Carnage with infinity gauntlet. He wouldn't be trying to impress lady death, either..just pure malice. I can imagine him skipping down the street like a happy schoolgirl, tapping people at random on the shoulder and going

*dead, dead, dead, dead dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.*

Hey you!

"Who me?"

"Yeah! DEAD."

"ugh" *plop*
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Chardok wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:Carnage gets points I think for being one of the most psycotic and evil guys. The only thing that keeped him from pulling off wiping out half the galaxy's population was that he isn't powerful enough.
......Hmm. Good one. Carnage with infinity gauntlet. He wouldn't be trying to impress lady death, either..just pure malice. I can imagine him skipping down the street like a happy schoolgirl, tapping people at random on the shoulder and going

*dead, dead, dead, dead dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.*

Hey you!

"Who me?"

"Yeah! DEAD."

"ugh" *plop*
That's another thing, he wouldn't snap his fingers and kill off all those people... oh no, he'd do it personally.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

See, the difference between these minnows and Spider Jerusalem?

He wouldn't stop at <i>half</i>, he hates <i>everybody</i>.

And, as he will tell you, being a Bastard works.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Vendetta wrote:See, the difference between these minnows and Spider Jerusalem?

He wouldn't stop at <i>half</i>, he hates <i>everybody</i>.

And, as he will tell you, being a Bastard works.
Errr... Carnage wouldn't stop either... He'd kill everybody, personally, and slowly.
The Yosemite Bear

And since he has the time gem, it would only take him an eternity, but that's just half a second to you and me.