How many Slayer's are there now? *Spoilers*

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Durandal wrote:Not sure. It's not that I don't like the show the way it is, but I do think that it sacrifices believability in villains.
well try to remember the following:

Demons and Vampires have different thinking processes than humans do.

In the case of Vampires, they are extrodinarily physical predators, they enjoy the visceralness of what they do. Guns don't really enter into that. Plus overconfidence with their form.

Demons, depending on the species, can be 'honorable' warrior tribesn (for example: Kulak of the Miquot Clan in "Homecoming", season 3), very moronic/naive (remember the Judge (season 2)), feudal (Pylea. Period), simplistic (the animalistic Ghorah demons from season 5), or, like vampires, visceral (the asassin demon from "Sanctuary" (Angel Season 1)). add in overconfidence in general (some demons are heavily armored, and many inteligent ones view humans as lesser beings (see Pylea again)) and we can see why they would not use guns as primary tools.

Though their have been demons that have toted Guns (the gang-leader demon in "Shraod of Ramon", Angel Season 2), they are very rare.

Remember, they are not human. Why would they think like we do?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Durandal wrote:Not sure. It's not that I don't like the show the way it is, but I do think that it sacrifices believability in villains.
Oh shit man, I totally agree and I think Joss did on some level (hence Trick and Faith), but I don't think he could have pulled it off as well. There is still this romance with fist meets face for me. :wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'