T-Rex versus Rancor...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Come on. Why would both the Megarap and Allo kill each other? Wouldn't one of them come out alive? I mean.... like the Giga vs. Rex...
Remember the way raptors fight. It's pounce-and-graple. They'll leap onto a target using their hands and jaws to hold on while they slash with the killing-claws. In this case, there's no safe way to attack. If there were two megaraptors one would distract the allosaur while the other would pounce from a safe direction. Since it's one-on-one that's nigh impossible to do. Allosaurs are pretty agile for their size, and capable of quick direction changes. While not as swift as the raptors they would still be fast enough to make sure there are always a set of jaws in the way. The megaraptor would leap onto the front end of the allosaur, slashing at the chest and neck. Meanwhile the allosaur is biting the fuck out of the megaraptor. There's a lot of crashing and falling over, and a LOT of blood. In the end, no matter who kills who first, both have sustained fatal wounds.

At least that's what I imagine. These vs. scenarios will never be more than idle speculation.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kintaro wrote: I believe they are about as smart as ostriches. They were not as intelligent as elephants or rhinos, however.
Is an ostrich smarter than a lion?
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Kintaro wrote: I believe they are about as smart as ostriches. They were not as intelligent as elephants or rhinos, however.
Is an ostrich smarter than a lion?
You tell me, what are their IQ test results and we'll compare.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Wild Karrde wrote:
RedImperator wrote:snip
It's not just limited to the Rancor, the SW Enyclopedia says "Hutt skin is impervious to most weapons and all but the harshest chemicals. " :wtf: :?
That was contradicted by Jabba (?) in one of the Han Solo novels. He says something along the lines of its a nice myth, but in reality, they can really only take one shot with little real damage, and take out the attacker with their tales before they can fire a second shot.