Teen Titans, is it any good?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Teen Titans, is it any good?

Post by FaxModem1 »

I've seen it advertised, but never seen it, is it any good, like as good as Justice League?
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I get a kick out of it, personally
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

It's entertaining. But it's not as good as Justice League.

That's not to say it isn't good though.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

It's a bit childish, and the Japanese-style SD transformations and facefauls are over the top, but it's okay for light-hearted fun.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

It's much more light hearted approach, but it's not bad. Out of the two I enjoy it a bit more then JL since they have a more coherent story arc through the series instead of a bunch of sub plots with no main arc.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

It's unfair to slap Teen Titans against Justice League. JL is an epic story about the world's greatest superheros, with long running plots and recurring things, and is general very well done, dramatically, while still having spots for humour.

TT, on the other hand, is downright slapstick at times, and very much a story of fun. It doesn't take itself seriously, and does well because of that.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Hey, isn't Static Shock supposed to show up on Teen Titans at some point? I bet he and Cy would get along pretty well. Gear too.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Hey, isn't Static Shock supposed to show up on Teen Titans at some point? I bet he and Cy would get along pretty well. Gear too.
I wouldn't be suprises since he is a DC character, on WB, and a teenager.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

They've hinted that they'll crossover Static Shock with the TT eventually. In an episode of SS, Static bumps into Batman, and at some point asks him where Robin is. Batman answers that he's with the titans and Static will probably meet them sooner or later.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

Is that the same episode where Batman goes up against SS's group of villains, but led by Joker?

Cute ending though, Joker tries to get away, but the vehicle he's in stalls out (SS zaps electrical systems). He looks in the mirror, and sees Batman approaching. Joker finally manages to get out, and falls to the floor. He offers a hand, asking Batman to be a pal and help him up. After the Joker gets a hand in his, he lets loose with one of his hand zappers (electrical).

After several seconds, Joker looks up, and realizes that it was SS's hand he was holidng (electricity does squat to him). SS says, "That was fun. Now it's my turn."

ZAP

After Joker finishes twitching for a while, he says, "I give up."

Cute surprise (Joker couldn't see SS in the mirror, and assumed it was Batman there).
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

No, he's talking about the second crossover with Batman, when Static's trying to help a metahuman girl who's freaked out about her powers and has been promised a cure by Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn (who are, naturally, lying through their teeth) in exchange for her help in a big gold heist in Gotham.

Said show was also the episode where Bats finds out Static's real name (in a way rather embarrassing to Static, good thing Bats found it and not someone else), and the ending very heavily hints to Static realizing Bats is Bruce Wayne.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

Trogdor wrote:They've hinted that they'll crossover Static Shock with the TT eventually. In an episode of SS, Static bumps into Batman, and at some point asks him where Robin is. Batman answers that he's with the titans and Static will probably meet them sooner or later.
I think there was a SS/JL crossover already. I would like to see Static Shock on the TT. I would hope that TT drops the anime stuff since it takes away from the story.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I like the series, although the Anime-clowning gets *WAAAAY* over the top, sometimes to the point where annoys me. Still, for the first season, I'd give it a 3 out of 5 overall.

However, the Second Season starts this coming Friday, so we'll see if they've toned the silliness down a bit.

However, when they do cross over to StaticShock, I would perfer Static's animators to handle it, as TeenTitans does have a more cartoony look than SS or Justice League.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Slade is the Shiznat.

Though the real Slade from the comics would be even cooler. He was a super-brilliant merc, quite the equal of Batman himself, who had some odd mental hangups and a wierd code of honor. Later on, he was seen doing things like running illegal but medically useful drugs, like unnapproved AIDS treatments and so forth.

Now that would be fun. The TT hit a shipment from Slade and then have to try and figure out exactly what to do with the stuff.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!