Freddy vs Vader

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shrykull
Jedi Master

Freddy vs Vader

Post by Shrykull »

Let's say the empire conquers Earth, and in the wreckage vader discovers and unmarked tape, Nightmare on Elm Street, and watches it, soon after Freddy invades his dreams, playing on his fears, which just was Anakin's greatest fear? We don't see one in the films, we do see his greatest care perhaps, his mother. Freddy could appear as her in his dreams and lure him to do things.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

This is going to end like EVERY Freddy fight would end. In the dream world, Freddy could, and probably would, win. Freddy is The Dream Master. If they could pull him into the real world, I'm sure their force powers would be enough to put a stop to him.
Shrykull
Jedi Master

Post by Shrykull »

Superman wrote:This is going to end like EVERY Freddy fight would end. In the dream world, Freddy could, and probably would, win. Freddy is The Dream Master. If they could pull him into the real world, I'm sure their force powers would be enough to put a stop to him.
Didn't alice kill him in the dream world at the end of part 4, by showing him his reflection? They pulled him out into the real world in part 1 and she "killed" him by disbelieving in him, and in part 6 they pulled him out and destroyed him, but the demons were released, I wonder if the sequel after that movie (Wes Craven's New Nightmare) is non-canon so to speak, not actually part of the series, since he's stalking the cast of the first film, who exist in the "real" world.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Freddy would be useless against Vader.

Freddy scares people right? FEAR IS OF THE DARKSIDE

Freddy trying to use Vader's fear against him would be like trying to put a fire out by tossing gasoline on it.

Freddy's attacks would probably make Vader more powerful.
Freddy and Vader become best buds, and Vader uses Freddy as a power cell to go beat the Emperor silly
Superman

Post by Superman »

Wes Craven's New Nightmare, according to Craven, was not about Freddy Krueger. It was about evil incarnate that happened to take the form of Freddy. This is why he looked different.

The whole thing about showing evil its refletion was a pretty goofy ending. At the end of the movie, the girl noticed his shape in the water of the fountain so he wasn't really dead.

And Solauren, if Freddy could get into Annakin's mind, I believe he could manage to bring out some of his fears.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Yeah, but that would just FEED Vader.

Fear is the path of the Darkside, right?

That's all Vader needs, is more of a path into the darkside
Superman

Post by Superman »

Vader does not gain power by scaring people (at least not to my knowledge), and he's certainly not going to bring Freddy to Dark Side. Freddy is already there.

We know Vader had some humanity left when Luke brought it out, so we could assume that once Freddy gets into his head, he could play off his fears. If Vader has no fears (which I doubt), then we would have a never ending dream battle.... or Vader would just wake up. Remember when Jason fought him in the dream world? Freddy still controlled the situation, he just couldn't kill Jason.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Which would probably be the same with Vader.

Vader probably has no fears, I mean think about his situtation.

The Jedi are gone, he has a massive imperial fleet, and no one to care about.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Solauren wrote:Which would probably be the same with Vader.

Vader probably has no fears, I mean think about his situtation.

The Jedi are gone, he has a massive imperial fleet, and no one to care about.
He crumpled weakly under fatherly pressure to save his son. He will fall.
Superman

Post by Superman »

True. Freddy could just appear as Luke and make him all sappy.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Couldn't Vader sense that Freddy was not Luke?

I mean, if you get down to it, this would become a battle between powerful Dark Side Force Users
Shrykull
Jedi Master

Post by Shrykull »

Superman wrote:Wes Craven's New Nightmare, according to Craven, was not about Freddy Krueger. It was about evil incarnate that happened to take the form of Freddy. This is why he looked different.

The whole thing about showing evil its refletion was a pretty goofy ending. At the end of the movie, the girl noticed his shape in the water of the fountain so he wasn't really dead.
When was this? Was it after she kicks the claw and says "rest in hell?" I don't remember it.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

You don't have to have fear for him to hurt/kill you as long as he is strong enought anyway to affect you. Fear apperent allows him to use greater power on you (He couldn't change Jason into anything until he awakened his fear of water..... :roll:). And it doesn't have to be fear of him.

And Freddy loses horrible in the real world unless he gets the phyisical attributes of FvsJ and the reality manipulation of Elm2. But even then it could go either way (Depends who tk/pk the other first).
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Vader would kick Freddy all over the Executor and back. Fear strengthens the dark side.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Rogue 9 wrote:Vader would kick Freddy all over the Executor and back. Fear strengthens the dark side.
Not if it's their own fear, I don't see how one could get stronger through their own emotional weakness

Them exploiting the emotional weakness in others, OTOH, I can see....
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Superman

Post by Superman »

Rogue, you have to provide reasons why Freddy would lose. Don't just be a fanboy.