More new anime

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Shinova wrote:I also recently got the second Ghost in the Shell manga, but it's untranslated so I have no idea what's going on! :( :(
Take heart, a collected edition of it should be out sometime early next year.
Though it's likely to be censored as hell. Oh well, not too bad since I have the uncensored and can just look back and forth between the two.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I don't recall hearing about anything in particular getting censored... the reason it took so long to come to America is because Shirow was getting all the pages colored.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I don't recall hearing about anything in particular getting censored... the reason it took so long to come to America is because Shirow was getting all the pages colored.
All the nudity and that little sex scene's still in there?
What's her bust size!?

Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Re: More new anime

Post by Rubberanvil »

Shinova wrote:Have you guys heard of a series called "Green Green"? It's a new anime TV series that's up to episode 10 on the fansubbing. I've watched it all up to that point and first off I have one thing to say:

I have NEVER EVER watched a non-hentai anime as INCREDIBLY DIRTY as this one!! And what's even better is that it still manages to be absolutely hilarious as well!
I guess you hadn't seen Ippatsu Kiki Musume? :P :twisted:
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Rubberanvil wrote:I guess you hadn't seen Ippatsu Kiki Musume? :P :twisted:
If your smileys are any indication, I'm almost afraid to see how it'd be like. :shock:
What's her bust size!?

Symmetry
Jedi Master

Post by Symmetry »

Shinova wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:I don't recall hearing about anything in particular getting censored... the reason it took so long to come to America is because Shirow was getting all the pages colored.
All the nudity and that little sex scene's still in there?
No, but its still good, even if we are missing out. I've been getting the issues almost as Dark Horse has been publishing them, and its been pretty good. The coloring goes away eventually, though :cry:
SDN Rangers: Gunnery Officer

They may have claymores and Dragons, but we have Bolos and Ogres.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Shinova wrote:I also recently got the second Ghost in the Shell manga, but it's untranslated so I have no idea what's going on! :( :(
Issues 1-9 (or was it 1-8) are currently available, translated (and flipped, sadly) in the United States from Dark Horse. I have 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Issue 2 seems to have quite frankly vanished from the face of the Earth.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Durran Korr wrote:
Issues 1-9 (or was it 1-8) are currently available, translated (and flipped, sadly) in the United States from Dark Horse. I have 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Issue 2 seems to have quite frankly vanished from the face of the Earth.
Blame Studio Proteus not DH for the flipping and and blame Shirow for his wishy-washy attitude on his own work and for censoring it.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Shinova wrote:
Rubberanvil wrote:I guess you hadn't seen Ippatsu Kiki Musume? :P :twisted:
If your smileys are any indication, I'm almost afraid to see how it'd be like. :shock:
If you're asthmatic(sp) be very afraid.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Well, the censorship doesn't bother me - I have never heard a good case made as to why we need to be familiar with the sexual adventures of Motoko Kusanagi to appreciate the work fully - but the flipping does.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Durran Korr wrote: Well, the censorship doesn't bother me - I have never heard a good case made as to why we need to be familiar with the sexual adventures of Motoko Kusanagi to appreciate the work fully
Won't argue with that, but the problem with censorship lies with Shirow attitude and handling of it which annoys the shit out of his fans.

- but the flipping does.
On the plus side just about every NA manga company except for Studio Proteus have stop flipping or is going to on their last remaining titles still done in the American comic format.

DPDarkPrimus wrote: I don't recall hearing about anything in particular getting censored... the reason it took so long to come to America is because Shirow was getting all the pages colored.
That is not just it, he added aound a chapter or two worth of new pages, removed several pages from the original version, and etc.
Shinova wrote: Though it's likely to be censored as hell. Oh well, not too bad since I have the uncensored and can just look back and forth between the two.
How did you get ahold of a licensed copy of Limited edition version [Solid Box or something?]?