The Bride (Kill Bill) vs. Hitokiri Battousai (OAV)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who's the bigger ass-kicker?

The Bride
53%
Battousai
47%

Total votes: 15

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Actually, I guess the Kenshin OVAs could be partial inspiration for Kill Bill, considering the copious amounts of blood that sprays in it.
Try Lone Wolf and Cub. Especially the movie adaptations of it.

I want to see the Bride wheeling out the stolen child in a babycart at the end of vol 2. I may cry if this does not happen
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes
but the pram of death and destruction must be completly decked out in weapons

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

re.

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Til Kenshin finished his training with Hiko, he was still WEAKER than the OAV Kenshin. But they displayed is abilities differently in the OAV to give it a more realistic look and feel to it.

Til Kenshin was retrained by Hiko, TV series Kenshin loses badly to OAV Kenshin. About as badly as TV Kenshin was losing to Saitou in ep 31, that is til he transformed back into his former self and then suddenly was doing much better.

Anyway I haven't seen Kill Bill so I haven't the foggest idea on whp's better, though I still have a hunch that Kenshin would win, I just can't say that as a valid opinion with only having half the data needed to come to a solid conclusion.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Having seen Kill Bill now, I've come to the conclusion that Kenshin would kill her with little trouble.

Aside from cutting someones sword, she never did anything that impressive.

Though that was an insane amount of blood.
Shinigami
Youngling

Post by Shinigami »

Death from the Sea wrote:Since I don't know who Kenshin is I vote for the Bride, she kicks ass and is easy on the eyes.
I don't normally do this, but your post was ass-bleedingly stupid. If you don't know who Kenshin is, then stay the fuck out of the discussion.

At any rate, I've seen Kill Bill twice now. The Bride is okay at best, but not unstoppable. She did nothing that couldn't be learned within the first year of Kendo classes. Any well-trained swordsman could take her. I venture to say that she couldn't even beat Yahiko.
random kid in the next town- We're playing "Harry Potter"!
Cartman- Ha, FAGS!!!

You need to get your feet off your head, and your pants to your ears and go help someone who HAS NO FEET! Because if foot-less animals can not walk over here on their little non-footed areas and tell us how hungry they are. I don't think they can.- Brak's Dad
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I was gonna say burn, but look at the people that he's beat, thats hardly a put down, especially if you go by the later Yahiko at the end of the manga.
The Yosemite Bear

Fuck that, they would both have to bow before the "Pram of Death, Destruction & great ass kicking"

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shinigami
Youngling

Post by Shinigami »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Fuck that, they would both have to bow before the "Pram of Death, Destruction & great ass kicking"
What?!?!?? :?
random kid in the next town- We're playing "Harry Potter"!
Cartman- Ha, FAGS!!!

You need to get your feet off your head, and your pants to your ears and go help someone who HAS NO FEET! Because if foot-less animals can not walk over here on their little non-footed areas and tell us how hungry they are. I don't think they can.- Brak's Dad
The Yosemite Bear

Oviously you didn't read the previous statements about how it's got a lot of refrences to "Lone Wolf & Cub" including the live action version. Since at the end of the Manga Lonewolf's caracteristic "Baby Cart" is so decked out and armed it's not funny. The fact that the little kid inside that cart is a skilled wielder of said weapons is even scaryier.

Thus Lone Wolf & Cub are refered within the Fantasy forum as the "Pram of Death and Destruction"