Yuuzahn Vong Warrior vs. Leonardo

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Yuuzahn Vong Warrior vs. Leonardo

Post by TrekWarsie »

A Yuuzahn Vong Warrior ends up on TMNT Earth via a portal and he finds it ripe for the picking. He intends to go back to the SW galaxy to alert the Vong of another threat. Before he can get to the portal, he encounters Leonardo, who has decided to take a late night stroll. This is Leonardo from the new TMNT series on the Fox Box. The Yuuzahn Vong warrior is armed with an amphistaff. Leo is armed with his two Katanas.

Who wins?
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I think we need to know just how strong (both durability and cutting-wise) Leonardo's katanas are first...
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Post by TrekWarsie »

They have been known to be able to cut the nanotech robot's arm without difficulty. They can also shred the mouser robots easily. Leo's original swords were destroyed by Shredder, but the Shredder in this series is far stronger than his incarnation in the original cartoon, and probably stronger than his comic incarnation since, as of yet, he can beat all four turtles without too much difficulty in the cartoon though that may change next week. We have seen other katana swords used by the foot break when going up against Raph.

As for Leo's feats, he has managed to beat Foot ninjas even when outnumbered at least four to one (I'll have to rewatch the Leo vs. Foot episodes) and they were all attacking him at once.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Vonduun crab armor resists lightsabres. Lightsabres that shear through metal with ease.

Leonardo gets his ass beat.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

To be more precise, it can resist energy levels equivalent to a lightsaber. A Katana would work more by momentum than energy, though.

To be fair, YV armor is designed to (IIRC Traitor) counteract amphistaff blows (which use forcefield technowank to enhance the cutting effect - the field of which can cut objects at the molecular/atomic level.) This should be much less than a Katana, and I doubt Leo has substantial strength enough to crush the armor via sheer momentum.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

What rank is the Vong? The higher ranking they are, the more armor they have and the better the coverage. People just under the Warmaster like Shedoa Shai had it all from boots to a helmet, while fresh infantry just has the basic torso coverage and light extremity protection. then there is the question of what enhancements the vong has recieved, most just recieve impanted spikes on the elbows, knees, shoulders, retractable claws on the hands and feet and the equiblent of a talon/spur on their heels, but specialized vong can have shit all the way up to implanted flamethrowers.

I'd go with the vong winning is he has full coverage armor, as for that leonardo would have to use more fencing style stabbing moves to get through then the typical katanna slashing style.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Post by TrekWarsie »

This is the basic grunt Yuuzahn Vong Warrior.
TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Post by TrekWarsie »

Katana vs amphistaff and YV armor won't be the only factor in the fight. We also have to take into account the speed, physical strength, and skill of each fighter. For the sake of this argument, the YV grunt is at the higher end in terms of skill. There is also the fact that Leo often kicks his opponent while he is blocking an attack from an opponent's weapon. While this wouldn't hurt the Vong warrior all that much, if at all, it could provide a distraction that would allow an attack.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Damn. I was hoping that it was Leonardo DiCaprio versus the Vong. :twisted:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

TrekWarsie wrote:Katana vs amphistaff and YV armor won't be the only factor in the fight. We also have to take into account the speed, physical strength, and skill of each fighter. For the sake of this argument, the YV grunt is at the higher end in terms of skill. There is also the fact that Leo often kicks his opponent while he is blocking an attack from an opponent's weapon. While this wouldn't hurt the Vong warrior all that much, if at all, it could provide a distraction that would allow an attack.
Yes it would, by the Vong. the Jedi make a point to always try to wear combat armor up aganist them (ref Onslaught, Star by Star Rebel Lines) because the Vong have a nasty habit of using their amphistaff's to bite and poison the shit out of any unprotected limb thrust against them.

Kick by unarmored leg = poisoned turtle.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The Vong warrior would beat the TMNT silly, poison him, and then wonder if a rogue shaper was behind it.

Superior strength, armor, speed, weapon can bite and entangle and not be cut by the Katana, plus the average Grunt Vong is still a fairly skilled warrior.

Let's not forget there other biological weapons too (if they come into play)
TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Post by TrekWarsie »

THe strength advantage may or may not go to the Vong warrior. Leo has fought five Foot Ninjas, all pushing against him at once, and won without too much difficulty. Also, this is the Leo from the new cartoon. Old cartoon Leo gets slapped around easily (he wasn't much stronger than a strong human), but new cartoon Leo, I'm not so sure. We've seen the turtles jump pretty high without wall kicking and they can survive pretty long falls. As for the amphistaff biting him, Leo is probably fast enough to dodge it. Oh, and no other bio weapons come into play here. This is a straight one on one fight.

As for what his katanas have been able to cut through; they cut through the wooden beam of a ship that held the sails, so I'd say that his swords are superior to ordinary katanas.

I'd say that the YV warrior does have the all around advantage, but that advantage is not insurmountable. Also, we'll probably have a better idea of the turtles' high end strength Saturday after the new episode airs.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

TrekWarsie wrote:Katana vs amphistaff and YV armor won't be the only factor in the fight. We also have to take into account the speed, physical strength, and skill of each fighter.
What does it matter if Leonardo can't effectively get through the armor or block the attack? Its alot easier for the Vong to injure Leo than it is for him to injure the Vong. Unless the Vong warrior is substantially incompetent, he should have no problem. I don't recall the TMNT ever being blindingly or even supernaturally fast (And if you are going to claim so, it might be nice to clarify which "versions" you're using. )

For the sake of this argument, the YV grunt is at the higher end in terms of skill. There is also the fact that Leo often kicks his opponent while he is blocking an attack from an opponent's weapon. While this wouldn't hurt the Vong warrior all that much, if at all, it could provide a distraction that would allow an attack.
Note that Traitor establishes that Vong weapons cut through materials rather effortlessly like a lightsaber (they cleave objects at the atomic level I believe, as per the novel) so an amphistaff will more or less shear through a katana unless its shielded somehow.
TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Post by TrekWarsie »

I'm using the version of the Leo that is seen in the new cartoon on the Fox Box. We have seen the turtles there demonstrating good evasive techniques. Raphael was dodging three Foot Ninjas trying to puch and kick him from three different directions, including from behind, effortlessly. I don't think that the Katana is shielded, but we've seen his swords cut through, or it is strongly implied that his swords cut through, things that shouldn't be able to have been cut through in just one slice.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

TrekWarsie wrote:I'm using the version of the Leo that is seen in the new cartoon on the Fox Box. We have seen the turtles there demonstrating good evasive techniques. Raphael was dodging three Foot Ninjas trying to puch and kick him from three different directions, including from behind, effortlessly. I don't think that the Katana is shielded, but we've seen his swords cut through, or it is strongly implied that his swords cut through, things that shouldn't be able to have been cut through in just one slice.
Well, I can't speak for Connor, but I know I like vague generalizations alot mroe then I dohard, verifyable examples!
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Trek: I've seen some of hte cartoon. I don't recall seeing any particularily "fast" movements done (then again thats not s urprising form a cartoon, even if it isn't an excuse for the apparent slow motions) - at least nothing that doesnt fall within organic parameters or particularily exceptional.

Assuming both are highly trained (not unsubstantiated in either example), the difference in ability isn't going to matter as much as the sheer discrepancy between equipment (unless as I said we assume one side or the other is particularily slower, weaker, etc.) Average Vong warriors use what is equivalent to a whip/spear/sword, which tends to lean towards something of a range advantage (to say nothing of weapons flexibility), with s uperior offensive qualities (its a match for a lightsaber in terms of cutting ability, IIRC) as well as superior armor that I believe covers almost all the Vong warrior's body (Jedi had few gaps or weak points to exploit against Vong warriors - so the coverage is probably comparable to Stormtrooper armor if not slightly better.)

Basically, unless Leonardo is substantially more skilled or lucky than the Vong Warrior (and barring any sort of supernatural enhancement, I kind of doubt this.), he's not going to have much luck hurting him, while the same cannot be said of the Vong warrior.

Ender: I cannot offhand recall any particularily notable examples of Vong speed/reflexes/strength, so if you are goign to claim concise evidence from Trek, what would you neccesarily bring up in counter (as in specifically from a novel.)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Leo man. He's part of a ninja-fighting team, the Vong warrior is part of an invasion force - you do the math...

Danke for playing Thread Necromancy....try again